When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't do buses - too many poor people with hygiene issues

So everyone who gets the bus is poor and has hygiene problems? 

What about those people who work full time but aren’t allowed to drive or cycle for medical reasons?

On 8/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://play.acast.com/s/ohgodwhatnow/thelastdaysofcovid-

I found this interview with Pagel where bizarrely she actually comes across as a decent human being and not an authoritarian nutjob. Fair play to her

It's almost like she's an actual real multifaceted human being. 

Fancy that eh? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

you lot still going? It's time to move on to the next one...and this one's a biggie...

Sadly I still can't go inside the pub yet in Ireland, and no gigs allowed yet. Might be "over" in the UK but by no means is it over elsewhere. Not even sure where we start on the climate change discussion, scary to even contemplate, but nobody is surprised by the report. 

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

you lot still going? It's time to move on to the next one...and this one's a biggie...

18 hours ago, reflekting said:

Sadly I still can't go inside the pub yet in Ireland, and no gigs allowed yet. Might be "over" in the UK but by no means is it over elsewhere. Not even sure where we start on the climate change discussion, scary to even contemplate, but nobody is surprised by the report. 

Fair to say I don't think I'll be able to go abroad again - they'd be crazy to bring air travel back widespread only to have to take it away again very soon. They've got a window of opportunity where a lot of people wouldn't even consider it for covid reasons, so why not build on that and phase it out further? 

My biggest worry is just pushing people into poverty and being unable to afford food or heat their homes, while the rich are fine. Not much different to before really, just with more on the poor side...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Fair to say I don't think I'll be able to go abroad again - they'd be crazy to bring air travel back widespread only to have to take it away again very soon. They've got a window of opportunity where a lot of people wouldn't even consider it for covid reasons, so why not build on that and phase it out further? 

My biggest worry is just pushing people into poverty and being unable to afford food or heat their homes, while the rich are fine. Not much different to before really, just with more on the poor side...

They won't stop flights, they will probably counter it with planting more trees or using some other technology to pull carbon out of the air. I think a lot of this will have to come from new technology and infrastructure, rather than making life shittier.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

You can literally go abroad right now