Oh dear… shambles

Maanne

Worst Latitude ever..

and I have been to most… lack of food drinks and toilets…utter garbage if I wanted a Leeds / reading experience that’s where I would go…. Sort it out Melvin ..still  the same money without the traditional latitude experience… most people who I know or have spoken to agree…. And I love latitude.. shame…

• Downvote 4

Wow. Just, …wow.

I know we’ve all heard a million covid-excuses and we’re we’re all a bit cynical, but I work in the events industry and what Latitude pulled off this weekend with the current constraints was pretty fucking miraculous. Yes there were fewer food and drink concessions, so you had to wait a bit.  Did that really make it a lousy festival? Rather than going back to 2019 and beyond, try comparing Latitude 2021 with Latitude 2020. See how far you get there

• Like 2
  • Upvote 16

I've been here 4 weeks busting my ass, along with hundreds of others to try get this event together in a short space of time from when they decided to go ahead.

Am sure as the poster above said, I'd rather have what has turned out to be an amazing weekend rather than nothing at all! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I've been here 4 weeks busting my ass, along with hundreds of others to try get this event together in a short space of time from when they decided to go ahead.

Am sure as the poster above said, I'd rather have what has turned out to be an amazing weekend rather than nothing at all! 

Ran out of upvotes!! Wasnt at Latitude but no what it takes to put a festival together to do it under all the current pressures is just amazing!! Credit to you all!!! 

“Worst Latitude ever”, so the rows and rows of food options wasn’t enough? Toilets everywhere (and constantly clean) as well. Boo hoo. If you think that constitutes a bad festival then I suggest you haven’t been to many and maybe need to visit a few more to appreciate how lucky you are. This was superbly organised (at fairly short notice remember)-full credit goes to everyone involved in making sure that we (well almost all of us) had the best weekend for the last 18 months. 

2 hours ago, Maanne said:

Worst Latitude ever..

and I have been to most… lack of food drinks and toilets…utter garbage if I wanted a Leeds / reading experience that’s where I would go…. Sort it out Melvin ..still  the same money without the traditional latitude experience… most people who I know or have spoken to agree…. And I love latitude.. shame…

First time posting troll

The only negative for me was the new camping layout, with general camping being shafted for pink moon and campervans, which also removed the different "zones".  Other than that, thought it was a great weekend, extremely well organised, some brilliant music, amazing choice of food.  Huge thanks to Paul ™ and all the other people that made it possible, being back at a festival was a privilege and a joy

Edited by Greenelk

Was it really that bad?  

I'm a long-time Latitude veteran, but just didn't fancy the line up this year enough to pay for me, wife, son and caravan so gave it a miss.  I would have loved to have seen Fontaines DC but they were a Covid casualty. 

What was the family camping like?   I've done 'normal' camping several times and found it great. When our son came along we moved to the family area, found it really spacious but terribly lacking in facilities - an hour queue for the loos in the morning back in 2017.

We've since upgraded to a caravan with our own facilities so can all avoid that.  I saw on Twitter that there were a few complaints about caravans and motorhomes being rammed in only 2 metres apart, was that the case? 

Whilst I disagree with much of the above, I found it an incredible weekend but do agree with some...

Toilets were crazy busy everywhere, bars and food outlets the same. 

There will never be a Latitude like it again, with it being basically the first full festival in 18 months you'll have thousands who went "because it was a festival" 

Next year those people will go to the festivals they usually do or more suit them.

Gunna post my personal pros and cons in more detail on the main thread.

Ps it was ace 

4 hours ago, LowerMead said:

Was it really that bad?  

I'm a long-time Latitude veteran, but just didn't fancy the line up this year enough to pay for me, wife, son and caravan so gave it a miss.  I would have loved to have seen Fontaines DC but they were a Covid casualty. 

What was the family camping like?   I've done 'normal' camping several times and found it great. When our son came along we moved to the family area, found it really spacious but terribly lacking in facilities - an hour queue for the loos in the morning back in 2017.

We've since upgraded to a caravan with our own facilities so can all avoid that.  I saw on Twitter that there were a few complaints about caravans and motorhomes being rammed in only 2 metres apart, was that the case? 

Dunno about family, but I was working in general camper vans (covid checks) and there looked to be loads of room and they were well spaced out. Some absolute beasts parked in there too. 

Don't think the shortage of / long queues for Toilets is a new thing - I thought there wasn't nearly enough 3 years ago, and it didn't seem any different this time around.

There did seem to be a few less food stalls than usual, with longer queues and some of them selling out early, but I guess that could be at least partially down to the traders (of sufficient quality) that are available.

But overall - that's trivial shit really, isn't it? It was a fantastic weekend for me and one that I'll remember for a long time. I enjoyed it a lot more than my previous visit to Latitude for so many reasons - not least the clear and obvious mutual joy of the crowds being able to watch live music, and the artists finally being able to play it again.

• Upvote 1

Even more gratitude to some of the crew here who have came direct from Download to here, stayed a month and now go off to try make people happy at Reading/Leeds/Wilderness and Camp Bestival

Oh and then off to Wireless/IOW without any time at home as it's their livelihood to put these shows on for you guys..

Peace x

• Upvote 2