First Gig Back

maelzoid

On 9/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, nikkic said:

Bicep @ Brixton Academy last night.

What a night. So much joy in that room, proper festival atmosphere. 

4AA1E1AF-DF04-4D71-9F5E-82E2DD41F088.jpeg

Was there as well on Thursday, probably right around where that guy is on shoulders. Fantastic show, really impressed by them only got my tickets last week.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:38 PM, found home in 2009 said:

That's good to hear thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked, particular with regards to different strains.

At least I'm double vaccinated & fairly healthy so although I'm feeling like shit I don't think I need to worry about serious complications thankfully.

Yeah, I'd back that idea up. Of the 3 of us who went to BDs I'm the only one not to have come back with it, but I'm also the only one who's already had it (and that was back in Jan). And that's after spending 3 hrs in the car on the way back with one of them! Also got pinged for close contact after my first gig back in July, and came out of that clean as well.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Yeah, I'd back that idea up. Of the 3 of us who went to BDs I'm the only one not to have come back with it, but I'm also the only one who's already had it (and that was back in Jan). And that's after spending 3 hrs in the car on the way back with one of them! Also got pinged for close contact after my first gig back in July, and came out of that clean as well.

Cheers that's reassuring. Starting my masters project at uni soon and have quite a few tickets for upcoming gigs so was starting to worry if I get it again it could really derail my masters.

Was due to be going to Playground Festival a few days after I'm meant to finish isolating, so presuming I test negative by then can hopefully enjoy it worry free.

First indoor gig back was a bit of a mixed bag. Got free tickets through work for a pie and mash bottomless brunch with a Chas n Dave tribute band at the Electric Ballroom yesterday.

After the band they had a skanking to Madness competition on stage. One of the entrants was from the West Indies and he started being friendly to and dancing with one of the other contestants, who leaned into him and did a white power symbol against his leg to his mates and girlfriend in the audience. Weird situation. I wanted to report him but I wasn't sure if anyone could actually do anything (I'm not sure anyone else spotted it, bar his mates).

Also, as much as I like a drink on a Sunday, 12.30pm-1.30pm really is too early to be allocating the booze.

34 minutes ago, Homer said:

First indoor gig back was a bit of a mixed bag. Got free tickets through work for a pie and mash bottomless brunch with a Chas n Dave tribute band at the Electric Ballroom yesterday.

After the band they had a skanking to Madness competition on stage. One of the entrants was from the West Indies and he started being friendly to and dancing with one of the other contestants, who leaned into him and did a white power symbol against his leg to his mates and girlfriend in the audience. Weird situation. I wanted to report him but I wasn't sure if anyone could actually do anything (I'm not sure anyone else spotted it, bar his mates).

Also, as much as I like a drink on a Sunday, 12.30pm-1.30pm really is too early to be allocating the booze.

Yeah it's definitely the oddest first gig back, for most people it's been about overcoming the anxiety of crowds in covid times or getting all of those feels like you're a teenager who has gone to see their favourite band rather than worrying if you're in Green Room and the crowd are actually neo nazis.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah it's definitely the oddest first gig back, for most people it's been about overcoming the anxiety of crowds in covid times or getting all of those feels like you're a teenager who has gone to see their favourite band rather than worrying if you're in Green Room and the crowd are actually neo nazis.

It was all a bit odd really. I've just had Covid so I'd been locked up at home for 10 days until the day before. Plus the guy on guitar looked like Chas and the guy on keyboards looked like Dave. It's a wonder I didn't collapse from the mental toll of it all (and the free booze).

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Did they play (Jojo) Rabbit?

• Upvote 1

Cheating a bit as not my first gig, but saw Idles in Brighton tonight.

Well I'm no idles connoisseur by any stretch, but I thought they were absolutely fantastic tonight. I wasnt the biggest fan of Ultra Mono, but tracks like Mr Motivator and Grounds sounded so much better live. Couple from Brutalism, and the usual suspect tracks like Danny Nedelko, Perm, Samaritans and Colossus from Joy.

I didn't see them at Glastonbury, but saw them on that tour and I think this was just as good. @gigpusherI reckon you should go for it pal, I had an absolute blast tonight.

20210913_221310.jpg

20210913_210422.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have done a couple of festivals outside - but due to spend 4 nights at The Roundhouse Camden  at Lost Evenings ( Frank Turner) this weekend- will be first indoor gigs. Double vaxxed and testing daily but feeling a bit anxious about it, as also using public transport and hotel for first time in a long while. Not been in a train since 2019! 

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Well I'm no idles connoisseur by any stretch, but I thought they were absolutely fantastic tonight. I wasnt the biggest fan of Ultra Mono, but tracks like Mr Motivator and Grounds sounded so much better live. Couple from Brutalism, and the usual suspect tracks like Danny Nedelko, Perm, Samaritans and Colossus from Joy.

I didn't see them at Glastonbury, but saw them on that tour and I think this was just as good. @gigpusherI reckon you should go for it pal, I had an absolute blast tonight.

20210913_221310.jpg

20210913_210422.jpg

Nah Gigpusher is right, the guitarist is wearing clothes now. Where's his underwear? Fuck that, I'm never seeing them again now that they sold out and wears trousers, it won't be the same! 

Also doing lost weekends our first indoor gigs since late 2019 ,bus to london planning on using buses rather than tube mrs was never keen on them before.

Bonus of street festival in camden on fri/ Saturday as well .

Roundhouse want ppl to do lft before every night they go .

Looking forward to it beans on toast is the MC doing a gig at some point as well never been to the roundhouse before so 4 night festival inside should be interesting, really looking forward to seein the lottery winners out of all the support acts .

2 hours ago, jump said:

Nah Gigpusher is right, the guitarist is wearing clothes now. Where's his underwear? Fuck that, I'm never seeing them again now that they sold out and wears trousers, it won't be the same! 

😄 Totally I mean don't they know I like my men just to be walking sex objects 😄 

Although at least he could now wear this image.thumb.png.60501f5016d5e7d9caf373e6cf2ace07.png

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Quark said:

20210913_221310.jpg

20210913_210422.jpg

Think you’ve swayed me to get tickets for their Jan date.

None of my mates are into them so it’ll be a Lone Ranger gig, but fuck it.

2 hours ago, cidy said:

Also doing lost weekends our first indoor gigs since late 2019 ,bus to london planning on using buses rather than tube mrs was never keen on them before.

Bonus of street festival in camden on fri/ Saturday as well .

Roundhouse want ppl to do lft before every night they go .

Looking forward to it beans on toast is the MC doing a gig at some point as well never been to the roundhouse before so 4 night festival inside should be interesting, really looking forward to seein the lottery winners out of all the support acts .

I'm going to that too, should be great night! I was gonna do the Friday to see him play the old songs but then I saw Skinny Lister were supporting on the Sunday so I got tixs for that with work the next day be damned.

Also just to be pedantic, it's Lost Evenings not Lost Weekend 😜

15 hours ago, Quark said:

20210913_221310.jpg

20210913_210422.jpg

Can someone upvote this please? I just went to upvote it to show what an incredible and magnanimous person I am after yesterday's raging Idles dispute - but I exactly hit down and now it won't let me reverse it. I promise, I'm not (quite) that petty!

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Can someone upvote this please? I just went to upvote it to show what an incredible and magnanimous person I am after yesterday's raging Idles dispute - but I exactly hit down and now it won't let me reverse it. I promise, I'm not (quite) that petty!

Can't you just hit the little x on the heart to remove it?

2 hours ago, jump said:

I'm going to that too, should be great night! I was gonna do the Friday to see him play the old songs but then I saw Skinny Lister were supporting on the Sunday so I got tixs for that with work the next day be damned.

Think my weekend will be lost😀

We were just gonna do the Sunday ,then though sod it do the lot ,bit of sight seeing in the mornings then camden in afternoon .

Looking forward too a mooch around the roundhouse some great history in that place 

2 hours ago, jump said:

Would have loved Lister to have been supporting Frank at the Brighton gig. Those two on the same bill would have been amazing.

At last after no gig since December 2019 it was Chic in Liverpool last night. Under the shadow of the Liver Buildings and it was great. Right up at the front as well with loads of room.

Tea Street Band supporting The Christians tonight in Neston and back down the Pier Head in Liverpool on Saturday for Cream Classical.

I am back 😃