First Gig Back

maelzoid

27 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Great representation as well to be fair, think I saw as many, if not more, women on stage than men over the day. I know some people are gonna roll their eyes at me even bringing that up but it felt really refreshing.

Not at all. It's really important. Helps that some of them are ace! I'd love to have gone. I heard lots of great things but with the dogs especially the poorly one days out like this are off the cards at the minute. 

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

What a day. Pretty much everyone was on form from Loose articles at 2 until Packs at 2. Was physically laughing with joy watching Girl Band, even my dad was in the pit by the end (and what and end it was).

Great representation as well to be fair, think I saw as many, if not more, women on stage than men over the day. I know some people are gonna roll their eyes at me even bringing that up but it felt really refreshing.

Yeah I was there too, and had a great day slightly ruined by consuming too much alcohol and other stuff and getting a bit messy towards the end. But yes, a lot of women on stage, noticed that at Green man too.

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

First gig is this Wednesday for New Order at the Piece Hall in Halifax. Should be warm and it’s outside 

Look forward to your report on it as I'm at Heaton Park on Friday. I'm actually looking forward more to the support than them as when I saw them at Glastonbury I wasn't that impressed but hoping their own fans and post-lockdown joy will mean it's a good one. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Look forward to your report on it as I'm at Heaton Park on Friday. I'm actually looking forward more to the support than them as when I saw them at Glastonbury I wasn't that impressed but hoping their own fans and post-lockdown joy will mean it's a good one. 

Yea we was going to go the heat on park but had a festival move to them dates then cancelled. Really want to see hot chip, but we have homobloc tickets and they are playing at that so it all works out. 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm a bigger fan of Hot Chip so kind of the same but I've seen New Order a couple of times and they can deliver. I reckon the atmosphere is going to be a good one. Since I bought the tickets I've daydreaming about hearing Regret and Blue Monday live in a field of people and I can't imagine that not being a moment.

25 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Yea we was going to go the heat on park but had a festival move to them dates then cancelled. Really want to see hot chip, but we have homobloc tickets and they are playing at that so it all works out. 

I think you get Lonelady as one of the supports and she's great so that will be good. 

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm a bigger fan of Hot Chip so kind of the same but I've seen New Order a couple of times and they can deliver. I reckon the atmosphere is going to be a good one. Since I bought the tickets I've daydreaming about hearing Regret and Blue Monday live in a field of people and I can't imagine that not being a moment.

Yes it was Hot Chip and Working Men's Club being on the bill that made me go for it. My experience of Hot Chip and New Order live has been kind of the opposite. I feel like Hot Chip always manage to bring their songs more to life than they are on the album, make everything much dancier whereas New Order almost did the opposite. Seemed more downbeat live than on record. Hoping home crowd etc will mean they are better but if the supports are as good as expected it will still be great. 

47 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'll be at the Heaton Park one too. I have posted elsewhere but does anyone know where's best to park?

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think you get Lonelady as one of the supports and she's great so that will be good. 

Yes it was Hot Chip and Working Men's Club being on the bill that made me go for it. My experience of Hot Chip and New Order live has been kind of the opposite. I feel like Hot Chip always manage to bring their songs more to life than they are on the album, make everything much dancier whereas New Order almost did the opposite. Seemed more downbeat live than on record. Hoping home crowd etc will mean they are better but if the supports are as good as expected it will still be great. 

Yeah it's going to be a great day regardless I reckon. Hoping the weather holds out! Looks good at the moment.

32 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Never a truer word been said.

Hot Chip as a live experience is something else, on record they are very good, in the flesh a whole different animal.

55 minutes ago, dondo said:

I'll be at the Heaton Park one too. I have posted elsewhere but does anyone know where's best to park?

A friend who lives nearby in Prestwich sent me this which shows where the parking restrictions are. She suggested anywhere in the blue circle as being a good bet as it's near the motorway so should make for a quicker getaway. My experience of Heaton Park gigs (limited as it is) is expect it to be a bit of a bind. If we didn't have the dogs I'd probably have opted for the public transport options myself. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 09.23.36.jpeg

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah Hot Chip are always great value. Seen them probably four or five times now, but that West Holts set is still up there. I remember watching their Margate gig last September and being in floods of tears about how much I missed live music so this feels like coming full circle somewhat.

Yes that West Holts set was something else. I went to Chemical Brothers on The Other Stage when they played on The Park purely because I had never seen Chemical Brothers but had seen Hot Chip multiple times at that stage and I know loads on here love Chemical Brothers but watching the Park set from Hot Chip I was so devastated with my decision. They just always bring the party. 

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A friend who lives nearby in Prestwich sent me this which shows where the parking restrictions are. She suggested anywhere in the blue circle as being a good bet as it's near the motorway so should make for a quicker getaway. My experience of Heaton Park gigs (limited as it is) is expect it to be a bit of a bind. If we didn't have the dogs I'd probably have opted for the public transport options myself. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 09.23.36.jpeg

Great. I'll have a look at that.

We don't mind a bit of a walk if it means not being stuck in traffic 

1 minute ago, dondo said:

Great. I'll have a look at that.

We don't mind a bit of a walk if it means not being stuck in traffic 

Yes we always opt for a bit of a walk with a faster getaway. Pack your waterproof and walking boots @Zoo Music Girl. Looks like Thursday will have a lot of rain so we can expect to get nostalgic about Glastonbury mud. 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:02 PM, dotdash79 said:

First gig is this Wednesday for New Order at the Piece Hall in Halifax. Should be warm and it’s outside 

Dammit, completely forgot about this! Tickets off-sale now. Cracking weather for it too.

Really enjoyed the Piece Hall for Cribs/Everything Everything last Fri. And the rare event of getting home within half an hour of a gig finishing!

While here, my first proper gig back was This Must Be The Place festival in Leeds the week prior. Their lineups are always full of the sort of stuff I like, and it helps being at 2 of my favourite venues.

So good to finally be back doing all this again.

11 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Everyone going to see new order on Friday are in for a treat. 

also as a bonus we managed to get manic tickets on Friday for £20 each from twickets. 

Yay looking forward to it and bonus for the Manics tickets. A lot of tickets for sale a lot under asking price at the moment. 

I went to a gig in the Black Country last week - tiny pub I've been going to for a while which has turned into a gig-only kind of place. A band called Regime were playing. A mate had heard of them through a friend at that Bulgarian festival in the mountains, meadows, maybe? Anyway. There were about 30 people there, and I'm not sure if it was the excitement of live music or not, but they were fucking awesome. Difficult to pin down to a genre, but there was a hint of reggae mixed with Rage Against..., Beasty Boys. They said they'd been playing for 10 years together at small venues but have more in the pipeline for 2022. Highly recommend if you see their name about.

Edited by Stokesy10
Weird font stuff going on