First Gig Back

maelzoid

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just done it ... jumped from question 1 to 6 ... so not quite sure the point in it ... as per some of the responses ? 

Pretty standard for most online questionnaires these days, will just skip questions that aren't relevant. So for instance if you answered no to question 1, the next questions will be about why you didn't go and what needs to be in place for you to be happier going (at a guess). No point in doing those as you've answered yes.

Same as a lot of paper questionnaires that tell you to skip straight ahead to question x depending on how you answer.

Just now, Quark said:

Pretty standard for most online questionnaires these days, will just skip questions that aren't relevant. So for instance if you answered no to question 1, the next questions will be about why you didn't go and what needs to be in place for you to be happier going (at a guess). No point in doing those as you've answered yes.

Same as a lot of paper questionnaires that tell you to skip straight ahead to question x depending on how you answer.

cool its all done then 🙂 they know a random is double jabbed and attended a gig in the last 3 weeks 🙂 

4 hours ago, tarw said:

How did the weekend go. Was it busier than the week before?

Hello! Hard to say really as I wasn't there for the week before to compare the two, but it felt quite buzzy everywhere (although never crowded) and it looked like most pitches were being used in the BYO camping anyway (although not all of them!).

We had a fantastic time overall. Not really a festival as you say but for us it was really about spending time with our friends and their kids and the space was perfect for that. And it had enough festival-like elements to scratch that itch for me this year. Loved being outside, having a few beers, chatting shit and just seeing people having fun all round. Watched a bit of music, had a bit of a dance, ate loads of great food (pricey as you said but really decent I thought!), watched the kids running wild, did some yoga, had a massage, went paddleboarding (and fell in!)... all in all we rinsed the hell out of it and had a ball. So glad we went and would definitely consider something similar again, if they ever did it. Would be nice to have more live music but that was always going to be a bonus rather than the main thing.

Was really sad when it was all over! But we all definitely needed something like that and it more than delivered 🙂

Next up New Order and Hot Chip in September, which will likely be far more hectic! 

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hello! Hard to say really as I wasn't there for the week before to compare the two, but it felt quite buzzy everywhere (although never crowded) and it looked like most pitches were being used in the BYO camping anyway (although not all of them!).

We had a fantastic time overall. Not really a festival as you say but for us it was really about spending time with our friends and their kids and the space was perfect for that. And it had enough festival-like elements to scratch that itch for me this year. Loved being outside, having a few beers, chatting shit and just seeing people having fun all round. Watched a bit of music, had a bit of a dance, ate loads of great food (pricey as you said but really decent I thought!), watched the kids running wild, did some yoga, had a massage, went paddleboarding (and fell in!)... all in all we rinsed the hell out of it and had a ball. So glad we went and would definitely consider something similar again, if they ever did it. Would be nice to have more live music but that was always going to be a bonus rather than the main thing.

Was really sad when it was all over! But we all definitely needed something like that and it more than delivered 🙂

Next up New Order and Hot Chip in September, which will likely be far more hectic! 

Great. Sounds quite a bit busier as byo was less than half full for me. 

I think that they might do it next year as one of the questions on the feedback form they sent out was would you come back next year if we do it. 

Just now, tarw said:

Great. Sounds quite a bit busier as byo was less than half full for me. 

I think that they might do it next year as one of the questions on the feedback form they sent out was would you come back next year if we do it. 

Yes I saw that. Be interesting to see if they do. I imagine they'll add more entertainment and up the capacity if they do. Am definitely considering Shambala as a future option now as well or Starry Skies, which is the kid-friendly camping thing in Wales. My mate's kids are now desperate to go to another festival - considering that wasn't even a proper one I reckon it would blow their minds! 

For us the location was super convenient too. London-based and with no car but just got a cab from Market Harborough station. Only took us two hours or so to get home! 

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I bought tickets to Biffy who are playing at a new venue in Cardiff Bay (outdoor gig) next month which will now be my first gig back. Going to give them another chance as I love their music but was left a bit disappointed by their Glastonbury sub slot a few years back.

Frank Carter supporting too - be a good gig.

21 hours ago, admscott said:

I went to my first gig back last Friday. Saw Jimmy Herrity, who was great. So many people in the audience just chatting all the way through, though. So irritating! 

Ugh.  You'd have kinda hoped people would now be appreciating the chance to watch live music properly but no, they're still twats.

Not done a gig yet but have worked two festivals for Festaff in recent weeks. Not exactly our sort of thing but well worth doing, CarFest and Rewind. Had a bloody good laugh at both and met some great folk. The common denominator seems to be that we’re all doing it to get to Glasto so it can’t be a bad thing!

The first band I saw back there was the Fratellis, good job I had sunglasses on cos I was in floods of tears 🥴 and even more so when the band gave their own take on it being their first gig back as well. Nearly every artist that first weekend said the same thing, was a really emotional thing to be involved with 

not so much a Gig , but I was at Wilderness Festival last weekend, it was shit by Glastonbury standards, but as Festivals go it was ok . Actually it was probably the best thing for my first adventure back in to real life. 

it didn't take me long to forget COVID had ever happened, it was just amazing to see people  walking in groups , hugging chatting shit, dancing, raving . 

it gave me faith that one day we will be back to normal, when for a long time I could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

14 hours ago, CurlyPutz said:

Booked beans on toast as our second gig back for the end of the month. Love a bit of beans. 

He was absolutely on fire last night! Amazing setlist and encore was requests. He had forgotten most lyrics but did a beautiful Jamie and Lilly which I had previously never seen him do before. Finished with a stage invasion to a impromptu and blatantly unrehearsed 'Things'. Brilliant!

20210811_222642.jpg

20210811_203828.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, admscott said:

I went to my first gig back last Friday. Saw Jimmy Herrity, who was great. So many people in the audience just chatting all the way through, though. So irritating! 

i cannot for the life of me understand why some people buy tickets for these shows...

annoys the crap out of me.