First Gig Back

maelzoid

4 hours ago, Quark said:

It's the contact thing so I think it's based on the bluetooth proximity innit?

Yes but what I mean they could be a few rows in front and it would ping that you were near but the chances that they gave you COVID would be next to nil. 

40 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes but what I mean they could be a few rows in front and it would ping that you were near but the chances that they gave you COVID would be next to nil. 

Just had a second ping about the venue itself, so I'm guessing there must have been a few positive cases.

Taken another test to be on the safe side and still negative, so at least I don't really have to worry about having given it to my in laws!

57 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Very dependant on ventilation… looking at some of the diagrams of how it spreads in rooms … I wouldn’t be sure either way tbh 

I was at the Royal Blood gig at The O2 Academy in Bristol last Wednesday. The gig was fantastic and I’d missed live music so much. Unfortunately on Saturday I came down with Covid symptoms and ended up testing positive. I found out tonight about a friend of a friend who was also there who also came down with symptoms and tested positive over the weekend. My brother who was stood quite a bit away from me got a ping on the app tonight as a close contact of someone as well and the date puts it at the gig. I didn’t have the app at the time so it’s not from me. I’m double jabbed but that isn’t completely effective against transmission. Luckily so far the effects haven’t been too bad so that should be the vaccine doing it’s thing. These events are what I’ve craved and missed so much but there is still a risk. I hope things settle as numbers continue to drop and this doesn’t become a common occurrence.  

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Just had a second ping about the venue itself, so I'm guessing there must have been a few positive cases.

Taken another test to be on the safe side and still negative, so at least I don't really have to worry about having given it to my in laws!

No ping for me thankfully. I did take a test yesterday just to see if I picked anything up and was negative. That said I watched the gig from the back and wasn't in close proximity to too many people. On a musical note Pet Needs were ace. Williams Green next year Emily please.

30 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

No ping for me thankfully. I did take a test yesterday just to see if I picked anything up and was negative. That said I watched the gig from the back and wasn't in close proximity to too many people. On a musical note Pet Needs were ace. Williams Green next year Emily please.

Indeed, really enjoyed Pet Needs. Aside from anything else they just looked like they were having an absolute blast, which is always a big plus for me with live music.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Added The Beths to my upcoming gigs because of @Quark I considered Red Rum Club as well and I am still pondering but I think I have quite a lot of gigs in November and wondering how I'll cope with that many late nights and early mornings.

Good choice!

Mine was Latitude last weekend having gone the best part of 18 months without anything. Absolutely amazing to be back at a festival, and for that slice of normality! Got a few in August- Frank Turner in Colchester, The Rifles in Southend and then Victorious Fest at the end of the month. Just feels so good to be able to see artists playing around the country again

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, steviewevie said:

Where you seeing Anna Meredith? Is she good live?  She's playing band on the wall in manc in November, tempted.

Saw her at Bluedot..  totally go for it in that small setting it will be fantastic 

35 minutes ago, mazola said:

Not sure if this counts as a gig, but going to see Craig Charles today, it's a boat party on the Thames. He's become a Friday afternoon tradition for me at Glastonbury so really looking forward to it. 

That will be fantastic. Enjoy! Never got to see him at Glasto but have seen him in London a couple of times and it's always an absolute party.

First gig back was Frank Turner at Dreamland-Margate. Outdoor gig and so a nice reintroduction to live music. A very pleasent evening and with a fine support cast. Like everyone else it felt so good to back to listening to music they way it was meant to be.

I was at Underneath The Stars Festival near Barnsley yesterday.

I was worried line up would be a bit folky for me , but i loved all the acts.

"This sounds like Massive Attack " was mentioned a few times.

Lovely festival , everyone seems to plonk camping chairs down for the day , but it was not an issue for me , i just stood or sat on the grass.

£4 for a pint of Citra ( no paying for glasses ) and there was a converted horse trailer selling Bandido's IPA at £4.50 which was moreish.

Other than for a late night coffee there was no q's for the bar or the loo's , and the food stalls looked amazing.

Mr Plant cancelled on the Sat for some reason , but they managed to get The Staves at 24 hr notice  - which was not bad going.

Lanterns on the Lake also cancelled which proper pissed me off as i was so looking forward to seeing em on a outdoor stage.  If anyone from the band or their management reads this then an explanation would be nice.