Olympic Games 2020

Punksnotdead

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Think I’m just gonna watch the swim … and hopefully wake up to at least 1 medal from this … lucky nobody got hurt there 

Alex Yee has had a decent first leg of the swim, only 22 seconds behind! He's such a strong runner so that puts him in a good position. 

10 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Alex Yee has had a decent first leg of the swim, only 22 seconds behind! He's such a strong runner so that puts him in a good position. 

That swim was ridiculous! And why are they all wearing green caps? How are you supposed to distinguish who's who?

8 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

What a triathlon, great finish with Blummenfelt showing incredible determination. 

Watched the start of it last night & just googled the results. Can't believe they race for an hour & 45 mins yet there was only 50 odd seconds between first & eighth. Must be gutting to simultaneously be that close & that far away from a medal.

Any other skating fans in the house? I’ve been catching up on the Men’s Street heats. Most are tuning in for Nyjah Huston but Aurelian Giraud is insane; he just goes big all the time. Vincent Milou has also been super impressive. The French boys have been smashing it*. 

* I haven’t watched the final yet so no spoilers, please 😛 

12 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Oh God. Bring on the dancing horses. Dressage is on, time for me to turn off the TV!

#Not a Sport

I’ll watch pretty much sport there is if it’s on: lawn bowls, sepak takraw, you name it, but I can’t bring myself to watch dressage. Human dancing isn’t in the olympics but horse dancing somehow is. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2021 at 9:00 AM, Ryan1984 said:

Is this the day the Olympics really take off in Britain. The time difference, Covid and events being behind a paywall haven’t helped raise excitement levels to the usual standard.

It doesn't help that the BBC try to turn everything into a talk show. Thank god for Euro Sport!

19 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I’ll watch pretty much sport there is if it’s on: lawn bowls, sepak takraw, you name it, but I can’t bring myself to watch dressage. Human dancing isn’t in the olympics but horse dancing somehow is. 

AKA: posh fuckers with nothing better to do than fanny about on a horse. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

AKA: posh fuckers with nothing better to do than fanny about on a horse. 🙂

I mean we could go into the whole amateur ethos of the the Olympics being an attempt to restrict the games to the leisured classes and keep poor people from competing, but that’s a hell of a rabbit hole.

Think I’ll watch the football instead.