Kanye West

dentalplan

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

He cancelled his unofficial Australian tour as well. The guy is just a liability right now. Glastonbury were lucky to get him when they did. 

Didn’t feel lucky standing in that crowd.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

He cancelled his unofficial Australian tour as well. The guy is just a liability right now. Glastonbury were lucky to get him when they did. 

My thoughts exactly. He hasn’t played in Europe since, feels like he may never play a gig in the UK again.

I constantly find myself wondering how the Kanye story ends. It feels like he's very publicly unraveling before our eyes, kind of reminds me a little of Amy Winehouse in some ways. Of course I'm just speculating, but performing live would seem to be the least of his priorities right now. Despite his flaws (we all have them), I hope we're not looking back in years to come wondering if more could have been done to help him. 

The real lineup got announced today. the food lineup, who needs Kanye when you can have Gaggan instead.

https://la.eater.com/2022/4/4/23010089/coachella-food-vendor-bars-lineup-music-festival-indio-2022?fbclid=IwAR3d_yo3cuFWLH9D3fLSCz2fjjdA_dKy56msD7iw2J9YuYuqs-gBSvD9V98

And according to the variety article Kanye had not even rehearsed or prepared for the Coachella performance. Seemed pretty obvious since he was cyberstalking kim and pete this whole time.

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I constantly find myself wondering how the Kanye story ends. It feels like he's very publicly unraveling before our eyes, kind of reminds me a little of Amy Winehouse in some ways. Of course I'm just speculating, but performing live would seem to be the least of his priorities right now. Despite his flaws (we all have them), I hope we're not looking back in years to come wondering if more could have been done to help him. 

I know what you mean. He seems a prime candidate to die young and become a “legend” in the same way. 

I listen to some of his records and I can see already how they are going to become larger than life when he passes.

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I know what you mean. He seems a prime candidate to die young and become a “legend” in the same way. 

I listen to some of his records and I can see already how they are going to become larger than life when he passes.

It's like being a bystander watching a car crash in slow motion. Personally, I feel for the guy

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

He clearly needs help, and should have been encouraged by those closest to him to step back from the limelight years ago to get it.

Difficult to know for sure other than what's revealed publicly, isn't it? I think it's probably a combination of his refusal to accept help or advice and a select group around him telling him what he wants to hear. He does seem very single-minded, plus these artists are seemingly surrounded by leeches only there for personal gain 

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Difficult to know for sure other than what's revealed publicly, isn't it? I think it's probably a combination of his refusal to accept help or advice and a select group around him telling him what he wants to hear. He does seem very single-minded, plus these artists are seemingly surrounded by leeches only there for personal gain 

From the doc it looked like he felt quite self conscious that the meds made him gain weight and he has since refused them and therapy "I don't negotiate with therapists"

Just now, Haan said:

From the doc it looked like he felt quite self conscious that the meds made him gain weight and he has since refused them and therapy "I don't negotiate with therapists"

It's a strange phenomenon when people (mostly men in my personal experience) refuse to seek help or open up to those specifically trained to provide ways of coping or understanding the complexities of your own poor mental health. "I don't negotiate with therapists" is a witty sound bite but they're not assed if you listen to them or not. They provide a service and with a great deal of honesty and soul-searching there's a chance they can help. Certainly a better chance than you trying to figure it out alone or surrounded by toxic hangers-on. As others have said above, if this latest development is driven by the state of his mental health, I hope that he can find a way to accept help. Personal wellbeing and family aside, as the documentary reminded me, a healthy, on-form, dare I say, happy Kanye West produces some fantastic music.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's a strange phenomenon when people (mostly men in my personal experience) refuse to seek help or open up to those specifically trained to provide ways of coping or understanding the complexities of your own poor mental health. "I don't negotiate with therapists" is a witty sound bite but they're not assed if you listen to them or not. They provide a service and with a great deal of honesty and soul-searching there's a chance they can help. Certainly a better chance than you trying to figure it out alone or surrounded by toxic hangers-on. As others have said above, if this latest development is driven by the state of his mental health, I hope that he can find a way to accept help. Personal wellbeing and family aside, as the documentary reminded me, a healthy, on-form, dare I say, happy Kanye West produces some fantastic music.

Yeah, watching Bojack made me get therapy a while back and I'd highly recommend it, even if you feel okay! It can be very healing to just get your thoughts out there and have a professional help make emotional connections for you. Only downside is the bloody cost...

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Were WA already on the bill?

More likely is that they have had to bump someone up and they are slotting in lower down...

Anyone thinking Wolf Alice are being serious about headlining coachella has never been to America.