Kanye West

dentalplan

Him going out there and rapping to everyone who'll listen and them gassing him up like "yeah that's great, you're gonna be the next big thing... hit me up with them beats tho" - he really did have to struggle to get out of that pigeonhole.

The Scarface meeting seemed to be a big turning point. And a very odd one, all things considered; seeing as he just seemed to roll out of bed to listen to Kanye spit for five mins and then fuck off back upstairs.

The documentary has done a fantastic job so far of, well, humanising him and I really can't wait for the next instalment.

That Stem Player looks like a really cool gadget but I'm not convinced about releasing an album exclusively on there.

The whole point is to use it to remix songs so you're essentially buying a £200 fleshy ballbag to skip the actual purpose and use as a bluetooth speaker? I know it is just something unique to hook people in but nah.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, kalifire said:

Daft idea by Kanye, that one. I guess it’ll eventually get a general release when Stem player sales dry up. 

I totally understand what he's trying to do but it would be better to do it through his own app/subscription service. Perhaps eventually he'll take all of his music from other streaming services and go this way. For now I'll listen to 2 through... other means.

Edited by discgoesmic

On 2/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, kalifire said:

Loved Act 1 Netflix. It’s amazing the extent to which Ye was the underdog, despite producing tracks on an album as huge as The Blueprint. As others have said, to see him rap All Falls Down at Roc-A-Fella and have them just stare blankly back at him, then start up conversations with other people so he has to awkwardly skulk out of the office. How he didn’t get so much as a personal name check at his own record deal signing meeting. Just nuts. 

Also loved how it was all original footage with no breaks or talking heads. Really puts you in the middle of everything happening at the time. Really enjoyed it. 

The best part of it is he used this footage for through the wire etc. when he has the VHS audios - you can just hear him building the songs through his daily life and being pushed back by everyone. Re-listening to college dropout for the first time in a few years now because of it. 

Apparently a large portion of the show was an absolute disaster with Kanye visibly pissed off, and the album, of course, isn’t out.

It’s so frustrating that he decides to rush these album release shows, because visually they look incredible and could be something really special, but he’s too busy trying (and failing) to get the album done in time beforehand so the shows fall by the wayside. 

And yeah, inevitably Manson and DaBaby were there. 

Edited by FloorFiller

Worse than Donda LP1 imo. Heard the sound engineering team all got fired straight after, it was an absolute shitshow. 

It's a tricky one now - Kanye is like my favourite artist of all time and I find my hype for his next project worsening by the day. All the shit with Kim and Pete, his instagram rants, Manson being a heavy influence on the project, charging £200 for the luxury of a stem player to (legally) listen to the album, announcing release dates he's never going to stick to and charging people to come to a completely unrehearsed and unprepared performance with unfinished songs, mostly comprised of mumbled verses.

Like, even as his biggest fan it's hard to put up with everything. I'm happy just watching the doc and waiting for the album to actually be released at this point - the listening party shit and fake dates I cannot be arsed with.

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Apparently a large portion of the show was an absolute disaster with Kanye visibly pissed off, and the album, of course, isn’t out.

It’s so frustrating that he decides to rush these album release shows, because visually they look incredible and could be something really special, but he’s too busy trying (and failing) to get the album done in time beforehand so the shows fall by the wayside. 

And yeah, inevitably Manson and DaBaby were there. 

You can watch it here. It turned to shit after the choir came out. youll have to fast forward a couple hours into it after the heartbeat thing ends.

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You can watch it here. It turned to shit after the choir came out. youll have to fast forward a couple hours into it after the heartbeat thing ends.

Hmm there are a couple of bits that sound alright and I know the finished project will end up sounding quite different, but there’s little here that sounds as hype as the best stuff from the first Donda - no Jails, Off the Grids, Jesus Lords etc, no Kanye going off, production all a bit samey and boring.

Guess we’ll see in like two months when this shit is actually released. 

The new album is apparently being uploaded to the stem player song by song as they’re finished. 4 songs have been uploaded so far, and uhhh… they’re clearly not finished, or if they are, they’re shite.

Although the first Donda had moments of feeling rushed, a lot of the songs had been sat on and worked on for years since the Yahndi days. This one is starting to feel like it’s 22 songs he’s pulled out of his arse for a quick release. Hope he spends more time on it and fixes this shit. 

Yeah, it's hard to muster any enthusiasm about this release. Obviously he's the GOAT but we've just had Donda and this feels unnecessary.

I am curious to hear the Jack Harlow feature nonetheless. He's very different to Ye's current style and I'm wondering how he'd fit, but I've been loving Nail Tech this week and would be optimistic about that one.

But really, gimme those Fivio and Push albums asap.

Those 4 tracks uploaded are straight up shit - they have to be unfinished. Watching the remarkable Act 2 of Jeen-Yuhs straight after made it all the more depressing. The hunger and desire he had back then to make what is now one of the GOAT albums with all those bangers on it compared to the - let's be honest - lazy songs he's dropping now, and the fashion in which he's doing so, is a shame to see. I'd be more than fine to see him take a step back and not release anything for a couple years, then come back with an album to be proud of. Can't help but feel that we're getting all the DONDA B-Sides, which sound like they were B-Sides for a reason.

Unsurprisingly it still sounds mad unfinished and will probably go through a lot of changes before we get the final version in like a years time, but album’s here (for now) for anybody interested:

https://m.soundcloud.com/zachary-hereford/sets/donda-2?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=1&si=9BC7A101107344F5A28343F709CE5CFD&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

• Thanks 1