Kanye West

dentalplan

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wouldn’t expect a tour. Kanye is the type to just do one off shows when he needs a bit of exposure.

That's true, it's been a long time since Pablo. I'm keeping my eye on any one-off shows in the US (non festival or day ticket only) since travel restrictions are now much more lenient.

8 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

You think thats what would get him thrown off the line up? Travis Scott is responsible for 10 people dead, thats the level of crime you have to commit to get taken off this festival. If he got charged with Rape or Murder then that would be that. Anything short of that is a shrug. There was a rapper that got arrested and taken away the day he was supposed to perform at a festival a couple of months ago, so thats the kinda things that gotta happen.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

You think thats what would get him thrown off the line up? Travis Scott is responsible for 10 people dead, thats the level of crime you have to commit to get taken off this festival. If he got charged with Rape or Murder then that would be that. Anything short of that is a shrug. There was a rapper that got arrested and taken away the day he was supposed to perform at a festival a couple of months ago, so thats the kinda things that gotta happen.

I remember seeing him on the Glow in the Dark tour in 2008, the night after he was arrested due to a fight in a club in Newcastle. He was out the next morning and carried on the tour!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-arrested-at-newcastle-nightclub-1019229.html

Edited by discgoesmic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 12:08 AM, dentalplan said:

Every time there’s a possibility or even a suggestion that a rapper goes behind bars, you know this c**t is gonna say something.

I think the notion that something like that is going to cancel a festival or tour is more the thing. Lets see here, the drummer from Tool got into an incident last  month at an airport then was subsequently charged. His court appearance was in between shows last week, the tour is currently going on without any issues. Heaven and Earth have to fall apart for things to go sideways, get used to it.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Tup Tup is shite he should’ve gone Gotham and headbanged to Muse with some goths.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kanye came backstage at a Muse gig in America in 2013 and after talking a lot about their t-shirts got given a load of them. So in theory he'd have the gear for that kinda night out.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Kanye came backstage at a Muse gig in America in 2013 and after talking a lot about their t-shirts got given a load of them. So in theory he'd have the gear for that kinda night out.

Yeah pretty sure this is a thing. Matt Bellamy’s dogs are called Kim and Kanye or something too. Stupid.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I think the notion that something like that is going to cancel a festival or tour is more the thing. Lets see here, the drummer from Tool got into an incident last  month at an airport then was subsequently charged. His court appearance was in between shows last week, the tour is currently going on without any issues. Heaven and Earth have to fall apart for things to go sideways, get used to it.

cb17d947-0899-41e7-9ae6-b1a3aa695b19.jpg

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Donda 2 coming February 22 according to a new Kanye Instagram post.

I reckon it will have a few decent tracks but a lot of b side sounding tracks. He really lost his ability to edit with Donda 1 I can’t feel like this will be better.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon it will have a few decent tracks but a lot of b side sounding tracks. He really lost his ability to edit with Donda 1 I can’t feel like this will be better.

Yeah kinda got the same feeling tbh. Although hopefully he’s just on a roll and churning out a lot of stuff. After a rough couple of albums, Donda (despite being overlong and overstuffed) had a ton of great stuff so I’d be happy for a repeat of that. 

Although let’s just be real: this shit isn’t coming out February 22.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah kinda got the same feeling tbh. Although hopefully he’s just on a roll and churning out a lot of stuff. After a rough couple of albums, Donda (despite being overlong and overstuffed) had a ton of great stuff so I’d be happy for a repeat of that. 

Although let’s just be real: this shit isn’t coming out February 22.

I reckon it will come out in April just before chella

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Apparently Marilyn Manson has been at the studio with Kanye a lot and is gonna feature pretty heavily on this thing… 

Just what his mum would’ve wanted, I’m sure… 

He's probably on the phone to Greenwood right now