Kanye West

dentalplan

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised Watch The Throne isn’t getting more love. I know it’s not a pure Kanye record, but I’m a big fan.

Watch the Throne tour was something else. The highs of that show to the low of Glastonbury was quite the come down. If only he’d put the time and effort in to planning Glastonbury that he did for that tour.

I think I’ve just accepted that Kanye is no longer for me. I was all over the first three records and still think they’re classics, 808s was okay, then with Fantasy everyone went wild for it but it never clicked that much with me. WTT was a total blast but obviously a patchy record in hindsight, and the gimmic has maybe worn off over time. Tried everything since but it just doesn’t register with me at all, and the guy being a total ass hole doesn’t really help his cause. And I think I’m fine with that.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Seriously? Even feature Kenny easily pushes him to the side for me.

Cracking song though.

Nonsense. About 10 of the most quoted 15 lines from the whole of TLOP come from Yeezy's verse on NMPILA. You would literally have to look up the lyrics to remember anything Kendrick says in his verse.

Edited by dentalplan

For me, Kendrick’s verse on NMPILA is more about the feel and the rhythm. A lot of rap is about the lyrics but (and not sure if I’m alone on this) sometimes it’s nice just to tune out and enjoy the sound of somebody’s voice dancing with the beat rather than dissecting every word of it. Ye samples heavily on top of Kenny so it’s hard to decipher everything anyway. I just stop concentrating and bliss out to the sound. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nonsense. About 10 of the most quoted 15 lines from the whole of TLOP come from Yeezy's verse on NMPILA. You would literally have to look up the lyrics to remember anything Kendrick says in his verse.

The only lines anyone quotes from TLOP all involve t-shirts and bleach so that doesn't hold up.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Anybody else with Apple Music sat watching Kanye currently lay on a bed (in what looks like a prison cell), ‘preparing’ Donda? Are we expecting something at 8am GMT?

Don't really have a clue what I'm watching here, at least they've been nice enough to put some songs over the top now!

I think the 'real' stream is due to start at about 9PM EST which works out at 2AM Friday morning for us, not sure if I can last that long if this is the only content until then 

at least they've been nice enough to put some songs over the top now!

edit: this might just be the YouTube stream I'm watching, can't seem to find the official one on apple music.

Edited by theesundayroast

Yeah not gonna bother watching Kanye just wandering around his temporary bedroom whilst random heads pop in and out. Early start tomorrow morning so I’ll once again be foolishly opening Spotify immediately in the hope that the album is there and then repeating it all day until it almost inevitably doesn’t get released again. 

20 hours ago, kalifire said:

Gone is an absolute belter and one of my all time favourite Ye songs. Top three for sure. 

Another of my favourites is his remix of Get By from classic era Kanye. 

Ah, great track! my favourite remix that Kanye is featured on is the Everyone Nose remix with NERD (ft Kanye and Clipse) - I also love seeing all of the retro Bathing Ape/Billionaire Boys Club that they're wearing.

Edited by discgoesmic

Caught the last third of it on the stream. Sounded pretty fucking great tbh. A few messy moments in TLOP fashion but there was one song especially (something about needing Jesus) that was incredible with Kanye rapping for like four minutes straight with some real personal lyrics.

Apparently Apple Music is now saying August 9 release 😅 so I guess we shall see.