Kanye West

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Haan said:

Last min 2 Chainz verse... are we sure it's coming/not rushed?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRozmJ8lpQe/ 

I really think/hope it’s coming… especially as he’s got an album launch show tonight and a bunch of promo saying so. These days with the way technology works I don’t think we’re ever gonna get a Kanye album that he isn’t tinkering with to the last second. I just hope that isn’t to its detriment as it has been in the past.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmm still potentially a bit too much jesus for my liking looking at this tracklist....

d5h4t8iu3nc71.jpg

He wrote Jesus Walks in 2004 ya know. Or what about any other lyric related to god or jesus. Maybe when he had jesus come out of the mountain on the Yeezus tour we all revolted? Father Stretch my Hands? Did anyone have a problem with all that before he did Sunday Service and such? Not that I can tell. This looks like the standard fare for an album of his if you remove the last 3 years. Telling a black man he cant rap about god is like telling any white british group they cant sing about going to the pub.

Lmao I woke up stupidly expecting the internet to be mad hyped and for an album to be waiting for me, but judging by some/most of the comments on Reddit this thing did not go down very well at all. Mostly talk of it sounding completely unfinished, thrown together, devoid of any drums or bangers, only like half an hour long, and barely featuring Kanye/his verses sucking. And obviously the album isn’t out yet (although I’ll give him a minute before I get mad about that). Ruh roh. 

It was about 40 minutes. Supposedly Jay Z recorded his verse this afternoon but who knows. And which reddit are you reading cause if its the kanye kids you dont even count that kinda stuff. And if you went to the real kanye forum thats a whole other animal.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It was about 40 minutes. Supposedly Jay Z recorded his verse this afternoon but who knows. And which reddit are you reading cause if its the kanye kids you dont even count that kinda stuff. And if you went to the real kanye forum thats a whole other animal.

Reading both r/Kanye and r/WestSubEver and nobody seems very happy about it. I’m sure there are the odd devout fanboys there that are hyping it as a masterpiece, but that’s definitely not the overall vibe I’m getting. 

Got a feeling we ain’t gonna be getting this today, but we’ll see.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Lmao I woke up stupidly expecting the internet to be mad hyped and for an album to be waiting for me, but judging by some/most of the comments on Reddit this thing did not go down very well at all. Mostly talk of it sounding completely unfinished, thrown together, devoid of any drums or bangers, only like half an hour long, and barely featuring Kanye/his verses sucking. And obviously the album isn’t out yet (although I’ll give him a minute before I get mad about that). Ruh roh. 

Yep I’ve been reading the same across Reddit, apparently Rick Rubin is now in the studio which makes me think this album is nowhere near finished. Honestly don’t understand why Kanye rushes everything so last minute, I know eventually it pays off sometimes (like TLOP) but Ye and JIK were mediocre at best. It doesn’t seem like he’s capable of delivering quality anymore.

Heard the Jay Z verse on a Twitter video from the preview gig. 
I hope that’s not an indication of the record as it sounds so dull and uninspired. He sounds bored in all honesty.

Other snippets have looked mediocre at best. 
Don’t think I will be watching / listening to any more until the real thing drops (if it ever does). 

Giving the stream a first listen, I really enjoyed it. I think Kanye is moving more intentionally with mumble rappers. Is it possible that it's the style that a lot of Ye fans aren't keen on? It's nowhere near TLOP or before, but it's better than Ye and JIK. There's a lot of nice production and attention to detail. Maybe I'll feel differently a bit further in! The Donda speaking parts are great.

Edited by discgoesmic