Latitude 2021 Secret Guest

kaisherz

Hi Guys. Been following the forum for weeks now - Mainly surprised I managed to remember my own login!

I thought it an idea to start this thread for any information on the 'special guest' which Latitude tweeted the eyes about, when people start to piece it together, or see information others may have missed. I just want to minimalize the risk of missing out on something we all may have really wanted to see! I'm not clued up on Lati as a Glasto goer, so I'm hoping some of you people are a little more in the know! So please add any information or discussion here. 

I am absolutely buzzing to be locked away this week with the festival so near on the horizon. Hope you all have a wicked time! 

I'll get us started - Does anyone think it may be linked to the Tim Burgess spot?

4 minutes ago, kaisherz said:

Hi Guys. Been following the forum for weeks now - Mainly surprised I managed to remember my own login!

I thought it an idea to start this thread for any information on the 'special guest' which Latitude tweeted the eyes about, when people start to piece it together, or see information others may have missed. I just want to minimalize the risk of missing out on something we all may have really wanted to see! I'm not clued up on Lati as a Glasto goer, so I'm hoping some of you people are a little more in the know! So please add any information or discussion here. 

I am absolutely buzzing to be locked away this week with the festival so near on the horizon. Hope you all have a wicked time! 

I'll get us started - Does anyone think it may be linked to the Tim Burgess spot?

It ain't gonna happen cos their sets tend to seamlessly transition these days but I'd love to see Burgess do Life Is Sweet with the Chems. 

I have no idea about special guests. Considering the gates open in a couple days, their Instagram account has been very quiet. Not much hyping up or trying to flog the last tickets. Strange. 

No shows planned for Ed Sheeran at the moment so he's probably out the window - although he does have a song with Rudimental. Really could be anything I think - could anyone say if its likely to be an older act or not?

As pointed out by someone in the other chat- nice space for a special guess on Sunday BBC stage (Tim Burgess on at 1pm and then the next artist isn’t on until 5.40pm). Last time I went to Latitude Liam Gallagher did his special guest slot on the BBC stage. Might have to miss Rick Ashley, but that’s a sacrifice I would be willing to make 😊

• Like 1

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

The charlatans? Tim Burgess is playing on the Sunday and he’s playing with the charlatans on Friday at Car fest? 

Blimey. They played last time I went, afternoon slot on the Obelisk. having said that, his profile is a lot higher now.

24 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

As pointed out by someone in the other chat- nice space for a special guess on Sunday BBC stage (Tim Burgess on at 1pm and then the next artist isn’t on until 5.40pm). Last time I went to Latitude Liam Gallagher did his special guest slot on the BBC stage. Might have to miss Rick Ashley, but that’s a sacrifice I would be willing to make 😊

Ignore that- someone has pointed Anna meredith is likely to be playing at 3pm and not 3am- which makes a lot of sense. Back to some 80s cheese with Rick for me 🕺

and just when I was about to give him up

Edited by Mr Boo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

Ignore that- someone has pointed Anna meredith is likely to be playing at 3pm and not 3am- which makes a lot of sense. Back to some 80s cheese with Rick for me 🕺

Changed to 2pm

Mr Jukes 12pm Friday BBC Sounds added too

39 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

astley.jpg

• Upvote 1

I remember in 2019 there was a very strange rumour of paolo nutini returning for a secret set. Heard multiple people claim to have seen him and then we got nothing. I think I recall Frank Turner doing a 'secret' set on the Thursday evening but I might be making that up.

Either way, sadly I wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing again this year.

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

There's some DJ's and late night music scheduled on the app but nothing other than the usual.

There always seems to be someone pop up for an acoustic set but nothing confirmed so far by the looks of it

cheers

3 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I remember in 2019 there was a very strange rumour of paolo nutini returning for a secret set. Heard multiple people claim to have seen him and then we got nothing. I think I recall Frank Turner doing a 'secret' set on the Thursday evening but I might be making that up.

Either way, sadly I wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing again this year.

Yeah Frank did a set in Solas, he was doing his podcast the next day, can't remember if it was a surprise or not

19 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Changed to 2pm

Mr Jukes 12pm Friday BBC Sounds added too

the schedule still says anna is playing a 3 hour set which seems odd and a mistake like some other acts going on 10 hours which has me still hoping some one will pop in there.