Non-music recommendations

Brave Sir Robin

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Any particular recommendations for comedians, podcasts, dance, theatre etc?

Masses of comedy;  usual faves like Joe Lycett, Katherine Ryan, Reginald D Hunter - obvs Bill Bailey on the Obelisk!  The Chortle award winners are great for new & up & coming comedians.  Sophie Duker is a recent new fav of mine.  Quite often we just chill in the comedy tent for hours on end, not even knowing who is next on the line up - the compères are always brilliant too.  Flo & Joan are musical comedy if I remember rightly, oh & Kerry Godliman is hilarious.

The old literature tent was always good seems to be called the Listening Post now though presume that's where the podcasts & stuff are?  

13 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

But if those guys create and direct all the (impressive) visuals, lasers etc, what are the Brothers actually doing on stage??

Pretending to look busy, creating an atmosphere......

I remember seeing Erasure a few years ago. Vince Clarke walked on stage with Andy Bell, the dancers and some others, plugged in his Apple Mac, pressed a button, stood there for 90 minutes, pressed another button and then walked off at the end.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:26 PM, DirtyLurker said:

Masses of comedy;  usual faves like Joe Lycett, Katherine Ryan, Reginald D Hunter - obvs Bill Bailey on the Obelisk!  The Chortle award winners are great for new & up & coming comedians.  Sophie Duker is a recent new fav of mine.  Quite often we just chill in the comedy tent for hours on end, not even knowing who is next on the line up - the compères are always brilliant too.  Flo & Joan are musical comedy if I remember rightly, oh & Kerry Godliman is hilarious.

The old literature tent was always good seems to be called the Listening Post now though presume that's where the podcasts & stuff are?  

Cheers for these. Flo & Joan are great! Ideal for a festival. And yes lots of famous ones too - didn't recognise the Kerry Godliman name but have seen her on lots of things and agree she's very funny. I enjoyed Glenn Moore from some of the new names I looked up - tells stories via, basically, a ton of one-liners.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers for these. Flo & Joan are great! Ideal for a festival. And yes lots of famous ones too - didn't recognise the Kerry Godliman name but have seen her on lots of things and agree she's very funny. I enjoyed Glenn Moore from some of the new names I looked up - tells stories via, basically, a ton of one-liners.

Ah yes Glenn Moore, I think he's been on panel shows recently, Mock The Week I'm sure!  Think Kerry Godliman has writing credits in both Derek & After Life (as well as acting in them), I have seen her do stand up & she is very good.

Such a shame Joe Lycett isn't able to make it now, I have seen him many times in fact think he's played here every year I've been & I managed to score tickets for his tour next year.... still a shame to not have him on the line up.

• 1 month later...