Jump to content

Sziget 2022


Matt86

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

1st time we got a taxi to the site from the airport. Taxi driver gave us a tour of the city in his taxi, just because he was friendly. We didn't ask and he didn't charge us extra.

Good job we wasn't in a rush. 

Our first taxi was late at night and he was scrolling his phone and veering across the road for the whole journey! Afterwards we had to question ourselves as to why we had risked death by not saying anything just to be polite!

 

we are now friend @craigyb31

 

Edited by amfy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My parents retired out to Greece so know all about bad drivers.

 

Any way not long to go now, not l9ng been back from Glasto and was at a small one in Leeds on Saturday so feel as though we are back into the swing of things, just need my wife's passport to turn up now and we're all set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Wow, and I thought Rock Werchter had problems! Fingers crossed we don't get too many of these.

 

I HOPE SO TOO, I literally bought a ticket for first day of Mad Cool to see Glass Animals, and they cancelled today (a day before) 🙃 I hate this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone posted a picture of the alcohol prices from balaton on a sziget what's app group I'm on. 

You'd imagine prices will be the same at sziget.

 

 

IMG-20220705-WA0003.jpg

Edited by thetime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

I HOPE SO TOO, I literally bought a ticket for first day of Mad Cool to see Glass Animals, and they cancelled today (a day before) 🙃 I hate this

Turns out the Glass Animals cancellation isn't Covid, the lead singer is having vocal issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, thetime said:

Someone posted a picture of the alcohol prices from balaton on a sziget what's app group I'm on. 

You'd imagine prices will be the same at sziget.

Here are some hints from VOLT festival too (another festival managed by Sziget):

- Cheapest wine: 950 FT

- Cheapest spriccer: 1440 FT

- Cheapest beer: almost 1000 FT

- 0.5L Plain water: 690 FT

- Pizza slice: 1200 FT

- Hamburger: 3000 FT

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Well, it's five weeks tomorrow. Time seems to be flying by. Those of us heading from the UK should know by Friday whether our plans are impacted by flight cancellations or not, which will make for a nail-biting next 80 hours or so.

What are everybody's plans? We're in the city centre, near the chain-link bridge arriving in the city Tuesday afternoon and fly out the following Tuesday.

Sorry if you've already answered this, or someone else has explained it, but why should we know by Friday whether our flights will go ahead? I'm flying from Luton to Budapest on Wed 10th August via WizzAir. Will this also apply to me? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone UK based, the Pound to Forint exchange reached its highest today it has been for at least 10 years, a very healthy 477 HUF to the £. I changed up a load of cash on my currency card, so anyone who was thinking of doing so too you might want to do it today or in the next couple of days. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Someone posted a picture of the alcohol prices from balaton on a sziget what's app group I'm on. 

You'd imagine prices will be the same at sziget.

 

 

IMG-20220705-WA0003.jpg

I think this list will be also the list at Sziget. Balaton Sound is like Sziget very international. Volt is less international so more local prices. Not bad for people from outside Hungary. 400 forint is like 1 euro these days. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Qishere said:

I think this list will be also the list at Sziget. Balaton Sound is like Sziget very international. Volt is less international so more local prices. Not bad for people from outside Hungary. 400 forint is like 1 euro these days. 
 

 

Its brilliant, after paying £6.20 for a can at creamfields south. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SpongeNob said:

Sorry if you've already answered this, or someone else has explained it, but why should we know by Friday whether our flights will go ahead? I'm flying from Luton to Budapest on Wed 10th August via WizzAir. Will this also apply to me? 

Essentially, the UK government has given all airlines a fines amnesty until Friday. This means that between now and then airlines can cancel any of its summer flights without being fined. So all airlines are going through their roster to cancel flights they don't think they'll be able to deliver, thus avoiding fines.

Does that make sense? So, if your flight isn't cancelled by Friday there is a higher likelihood it will go ahead. Not guaranteed, but likely.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, billybigballs said:

Essentially, the UK government has given all airlines a fines amnesty until Friday. This means that between now and then airlines can cancel any of its summer flights without being fined. So all airlines are going through their roster to cancel flights they don't think they'll be able to deliver, thus avoiding fines.

Does that make sense? So, if your flight isn't cancelled by Friday there is a higher likelihood it will go ahead. Not guaranteed, but likely.

Yeah that makes sense, thank you for the explanation. Fingers crossed then. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, sziget2022syc said:

Times have been posted on the website - not sure if these are the final correct times.

Hope they are correct as it'd mean that none of AM/Sam Fender/Fontaines/Inhaler will clash on the Monday

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, sziget2022syc said:

Times have been posted on the website - not sure if these are the final correct times.

Nice one. 

Monday looks perfect, although a bit of an odd placement putting Holly Humberstone on the main stage.

Glad Fontaines are playing after Arctic Monkeys snd not clashing with them or Sam fender. Also happy to finish the weekend with Sasha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Nice one. 

Monday looks perfect, although a bit of an odd placement putting Holly Humberstone on the main stage.

Glad Fontaines are playing after Arctic Monkeys snd not clashing with them or Sam fender. Also happy to finish the weekend with Sasha.

Where have you got the info that Holly is main stage? Or is it just the timing?

I've seen her twice before (neither time impressed me particularly) but agree that main stage for her and her kind of music seems bizarre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

Arctic Monkeys: 21:15-23:00 

Clutch: 22:15-23:30

(end times are approximate, but still)image.jpeg.db30f707356c119586b85c68f770af0a.jpeg 

 

Tame Impala v Caribou is my only real tough decision. I've never seen Tame Impala so will go with them.

Probably my age but the A38 seems much weaker this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Where have you got the info that Holly is main stage? Or is it just the timing?

I've seen her twice before (neither time impressed me particularly) but agree that main stage for her and her kind of music seems bizarre.

 

Screenshot_20220706-094626_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Tame Impala v Caribou is my only real tough decision. I've never seen Tame Impala so will go with them.

Probably my age but the A38 seems much weaker this year. 

I'd missed that. That is a horrific clash. Saw Caribou last year and absolutely loved them but, like you, I've never seen Tame.

That's gutting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...