Jump to content

Sziget 2022


Matt86

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I've just read that the chain bridge in Budapest is currently closed (actually it closed 12 months ago) for refurbishment.

Unfortunately, our apartment in the city requires us to cross the bridge Buda to Pest after taking the train to Batthyany at the end of each day.

Do any members live in a Budapest and could they advise if there is a ferry service across the river (the article I read alluded to this) and is it likely to run late in the evening? Thanks. 

Traffic in Budapest is running okay without the Chain Bridge. You’ll be fine. We have many other bridges haha.

You'd be better off getting off the Train (HÉV) a stop earlier at Margit híd, then taking Tram 4/6 or Tram 2 depending on where your apartment is. The ferry’s only run 5 times per day and are always ridiculously packed during Sziget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

Traffic in Budapest is running okay without the Chain Bridge. You’ll be fine. We have many other bridges haha.

You'd be better off getting off the Train (HÉV) a stop earlier at Margit híd, then taking Tram 4/6 or Tram 2 depending on where your apartment is. The ferry’s only run 5 times per day and are always ridiculously packed during Sziget.

Our apartment is over the bridge too. I didn't realise the bridge was closed. We are behind the Four Seasons, which tram would we need?

 

Edited by billybigballs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Our apartment is over the bridge too. I didn't realise the bridge was closed. We are behind the Four Seasons, which tram would we need?

 

Tram 2 stops right across the road from the Four Seasons.

Edited by Tinsel19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tinsel19 said:

Traffic in Budapest is running okay without the Chain Bridge. You’ll be fine. We have many other bridges haha.

You'd be better off getting off the Train (HÉV) a stop earlier at Margit híd, then taking Tram 4/6 or Tram 2 depending on where your apartment is. The ferry’s only run 5 times per day and are always ridiculously packed during Sziget.

We are staying in an apartment which overlooks Városháza Park. Which tram would we need? Do you know how often they would run? Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

We are staying in an apartment which overlooks Városháza Park. Which tram would we need? 

You could either take Tram 2 to Vigadó tér like the person above ☝️ and then walk 5-10 minutes. Or you could try your luck with Bus 9 which will take you pretty much right to Városháza/Deák.

41 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Do you know how often they would run?

Every 2-10 minutes or so. The last tram 2 is usually around 12:15am. The buses switch to night buses around the same time and run pretty much all night. You're staying slap bang in the centre so there's a lot of options for you to get back. You can check Google Maps once you get off at Margit híd, it works really well here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hoping to go to Mad Cool this year but, unfortunately, the finances didn't work out. However, I joined a Mad Cool group on Facebook and it's scary to read todays' posts about how many UK attendees are having their Easyjet flights to Madrid cancelled next week.

We've got flights booked from Heathrow with B.A and staff have just announced strikes starting in late July. I know worrying solves nothing but it doesn't stop me!! 

 

Edited by swelsbyuk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TC1 said:

Justin Bieber has cancelled all June and July tour dates and they are set to be rescheduled. Justin is hopeful of continuing his tour in August.

I've said before that I don't wish any ongoing ill health on JB but he was the headliner my party had the least interest in seeing (ie no interest). If he cancelled, I'd be really interested in seeing what Sziget did with his slot. From my selfish point of view, they couldn't book an alternative headliner who I was less likely to see. 

I wonder if Metallica are available.....

Edited by billybigballs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If JB cancels, I'm pretty sure they gonna make Stromae the headliner, taking in account the amount of French and Dutch visitors (I feel like there's more hype in The Netherlands than in Belgium, which is strange for a 100% dutch speaking country hehe) 

Went to Werchter Boutique in Belgium last weekend, a sold-out 63k one day festival he co-headlined with Gorillaz, and he absolutely murdered it with an insane liveshow. He got multiple 5-star reviews for it. He played just before Gorillaz, and 1/3 of the crowd left after his show, which is quite an indication of how insane popular he is in western Europe. 

I

Edited by profilc
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, profilc said:

If JB cancels, I'm pretty sure they gonna make Stromae the headliner, taking in account the amount of French and Dutch visitors (I feel like there's more hype in The Netherlands than in Belgium, which is strange for a 100% dutch speaking country hehe) 

Went to Werchter Boutique in Belgium last weekend, a sold-out 63k one day festival he co-headlined with Gorillaz, and he absolutely murdered it with an insane liveshow. He got multiple 5-star reviews for it. He played just before Gorillaz, and 1/3 of the crowd left after his show, which is quite an indication of how insane popular he is in western Europe. 

I

I suspect you are right, but they'd clearly need someone to take over Stromae's spot. Plus, they'd have to handle the negative press and refund all those who purchased purely for JB - which will be a lot.

Incidentally, although he appears to have a strong following on mainland Western Europe I'm not sure he has much of a following in the UK, which supplies a large number of visitors to Sziget. I'd never heard of him but will be giving him a go based on the various reports related to his amazing live shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True for some reason he's not getting the same love in the UK, certainly in comparison with US (Coachella closing act, sold out Madison Square Garden...). 

Not seeing which other big act could fill the spot...

Harry Styles, Twenty One Pliots, Imagine Dragons, Billie Eilish, Lorde... are either not touring in that period or touring on a different continent mid/late august. Maybe if they are willing to offer the same fee, one of those acts might willing to accept the logistic headache for an exclusive show at Sziget 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, profilc said:

True for some reason he's not getting the same love in the UK, certainly in comparison with US (Coachella closing act, sold out Madison Square Garden...). 

Not seeing which other big act could fill the spot...

Harry Styles, Twenty One Pliots, Imagine Dragons, Billie Eilish, Lorde... are either not touring in that period or touring on a different continent mid/late august. Maybe if they are willing to offer the same fee, one of those acts might willing to accept the logistic headache for an exclusive show at Sziget 

My daughter saw Lorde at a small venue in UK earlier this month (2,000 capacity) and she said it was probably the best gig she's ever seen (and she been to around 100). All of the others are significantly 'bigger' names IMHO but Lorde would certainly do well in a sub spot.

 

Edited by billybigballs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I was hoping to go to Mad Cool this year but, unfortunately, the finances didn't work out. However, I joined a Mad Cool group on Facebook and it's scary to read todays' posts about how many UK attendees are having their Easyjet flights to Madrid cancelled next week.

We've got flights booked from Heathrow with B.A and staff have just announced strikes starting in late July. I know worrying solves nothing but it doesn't stop me!! 

 

It is going to be a throw of the dice and we might get lucky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of Biebs, but would definitely take the chance to see him. Hope he's gonna make it. 

Otherwise Gorillaz have time on friday and no upcoming show in Hungary. But they've been at Sziget in 2018 (just like Dua Lipa and AM). Can't see they put on the same three headliners. 

Chemical Brothers are also free on friday. (probably not that interesting for day ticket sellings)

 

Hopefully it won't be another EDM DJ. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would love chemical brothers.  Stromae followed by chemical brothers would be a great night.  I’d be happy with gorillas too.

if stromae headlined(which would

be cool) there are loads of potential subheadliners.  Maneskin would be a crowd pleaser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking about it realistically, JB is due to play seven weeks today. Even if he cancelled today (and he won't, it'll be at least another three weeks if he does) and they announced a new headliner, it would have to be someone very close in style to him so they get as few day tickets returned as possible.

If they suddenly announced someone from an entirely different genre they'd have to handle the returns and then VERY quickly sell another ten, twenty, thirty thousand day tickets in three or four weeks - unless it was a mega-act, you couldn't do it. There's a reason gig tickets go on sale months in advance.

Therefore, I reckon Stromae being elevated to headliner is probably the only option at such short notice, with a 'name' support act added in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, TC1 said:

Schedules are set to be announced mid July. The App will come at the start of August.

where did you get this. 

As for taken a guess at a replacement headliner I think there is little to no chance that the likes off metalica will replace Justin. If they do anything it will be another Pop act or as has been mentioned putting a new sub in and that would make more sense. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have sziget said they will issue refunds? As usually festival organisers don't issue refunds. Due to 'lineup subject to change', I also don't think they sell as many day tickets that have been mentioned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

where did you get this. 

As for taken a guess at a replacement headliner I think there is little to no chance that the likes off metalica will replace Justin. If they do anything it will be another Pop act or as has been mentioned putting a new sub in and that would make more sense. 

 

From Sziget

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Have sziget said they will issue refunds? As usually festival organisers don't issue refunds. Due to 'lineup subject to change', I also don't think they sell as many day tickets that have been mentioned. 

I think they have to offer refunds to day ticket holders if that day's headliner dropped out? It's a substantive change, otherwise rip-off merchants would announce festivals headlined by Pearl Jam, Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers only to swap them for Chesney Hawks, 5ive and The Cheeky Girls with no refunds.

I don't think 3 and 6 day ticket holders would get it though. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think they have to offer refunds to day ticket holders if that day's headliner dropped out? It's a substantive change, otherwise rip-off merchants would announce festivals headlined by Pearl Jam, Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers only to swap them for Chesney Hawks, 5ive and The Cheeky Girls with no refunds.

I don't think 3 and 6 day ticket holders would get it though. 

 

 

I'm curious on the refunds, so checked a few festivals. The terms and conditions usually state the following.

  1. No scheduled acts may be considered as headline acts regardless of their relative fame or prominence in the billing and so cancellation by an artist or performer will not entitle you to a refund.

That being said sziget promoting it as bieber day, would probably be different. I had to cancel my balaton ticket(childcare), they gave me a complete refund minus booking fee. So are decent organisers.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I'm curious on the refunds, so checked a few festivals. The terms and conditions usually state the following.

  1. No scheduled acts may be considered as headline acts regardless of their relative fame or prominence in the billing and so cancellation by an artist or performer will not entitle you to a refund.

That being said sziget promoting it as bieber day, would probably be different. I had to cancel my balaton ticket(childcare), they gave me a complete refund minus booking fee. So are decent organisers.

I'm no legal expert, but I couldn't see that standing up in court. I could be wrong, but it seems silly to state that no scheduled act could be classed as a headliner. But, I guess if there's 50 other acts playing that day across all stages they could argue that there's still enough taking place for ticket buyers to have to abandon their plans.

That said, I think they'd lose a lot of goodwill locally (as most day ticket holders are likely to be Hungarian I would guess) if they didn't other refunds of some kind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

On a more positive note, Sigrid is slamming it at Glastonbury at the moment. Hope she plays A38 rather than the main stage.

Idles on the other stage, pretty damn awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...