Jump to content

Sziget 2022


Matt86
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are the 'VIP' tickets worth it in comparison to the normal tickets? 

And can someone run me through the camping options? Would be coming from the UK, so is it either payable camping or a city hotel? Is that feasible?

ViP does not look worth it to me, depends what you want though.

You have free basic camping, which is your normal festival camping. Never done that at sziget.

Then you can pay for different types of camping upgrades, which have a different feel to them.

You have VIP camping which has a pool, did that the 1st year I went but never again. It's right next to the all night dance tests, which ok for the 1st night but after 7 or 8 days with no sleep. 

You then have a selection of upgraded campsite, I use the upgrade xamosites as it saves me taking a tent and it's erected when you get there.

Always think about hotels, just be careful on distanc from the festival.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are the 'VIP' tickets worth it in comparison to the normal tickets? 

And can someone run me through the camping options? Would be coming from the UK, so is it either payable camping or a city hotel? Is that feasible?

I agree with @thetime about the VIP tickets, 200 extra €uros for this doesnt really worth it..

About the camping, I always take the "apero camping", which is 100€ for the week (you can chose between Apero camping, Siesta camping, Alternativa camping or VIP "splash" camping, this last one is a bit more expensive because of the swimming pool)

It's a private area with extra showers and toilets, I never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes ^^ the location was far from the stages, but we could still hear Music , and I believe thats the same EVERYWHERE on the island.

When I think about it, the island was "quiet" between 5am and 10am approximatively, so if you're looking for long and great sleep, book an hotel ^^ I personnaly would never do that though, camping is a Must for every festival Im going to 😄

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I agree with @thetime about the VIP tickets, 200 extra €uros for this doesnt really worth it..

About the camping, I always take the "apero camping", which is 100€ for the week (you can chose between Apero camping, Siesta camping, Alternativa camping or VIP "splash" camping, this last one is a bit more expensive because of the swimming pool)

It's a private area with extra showers and toilets, I never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes ^^ the location was far from the stages, but we could still hear Music , and I believe thats the same EVERYWHERE on the island.

When I think about it, the island was "quiet" between 5am and 10am approximatively, so if you're looking for long and great sleep, book an hotel ^^ I personnaly would never do that though, camping is a Must for every festival Im going to 😄

Bridge is another one, we stated there in 2019. Was very convenient as we had a early flight the next day. 

Wasn't there beach camp in 2019? Or that could of been balaton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, thetime said:

Bridge is another one, we stated there in 2019. Was very convenient as we had a early flight the next day. 

Wasn't there beach camp in 2019? Or that could of been balaton. 

mmm I don't remember any beach camp actually (but a lot of people stayed at the beach for the nights ! 😅 )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more opinions the better.

As someone who has been a VIP guest I'd agree that the extra money is not worth it, especially if you're on a budget. The fact that I had CLEAN toilets with no queues next to the main stage was amazing (i have a higher need to poop while drinking beer), but other than that rest of the benefits were not that impressive. As I'm staying in Splash (old VIP) camping anyway, I have opted out of VIP tickets this year as toilets over there are OK as well and this specific camping is actually very close to the main stage. The fact that this year they've added premium toilets to more areas than just main stage is a bit tempting, but naaah, I'll survive.

Camping on-site vs. city is pretty simple;

- if you're there just for the line-up, stay in the city.

- if you're there for the festival and the experience that comes with it, camp at the festival. You'll be missing out if you need to travel to the festival every god damn day. There's so much more going on during times that are not part of the schedule. The atmosphere is amazing and it becomes a city on its own. + the fact that you don't have to carry a bag and back-up clothes with you the whole day is a comfort that's important for me. Hell, I can go and have a quick shower between bands if I'm at the island.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw multiple times on Sziget's instagram posts on instagram in the comments that "The general ticket sale will start in Autumn" so I assume that they will start selling 1-day and 3-day tickets as well, and they can't put them on sale if there is no lineup. So.... I think we'll get first names soon, in Autumn 🤞🏼🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

I saw multiple times on Sziget's instagram posts on instagram in the comments that "The general ticket sale will start in Autumn" so I assume that they will start selling 1-day and 3-day tickets as well, and they can't put them on sale if there is no lineup. So.... I think we'll get first names soon, in Autumn 🤞🏼🤠

The sad thing is the start of September and the end of November are both "Autumn"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gfa said:

George Ezra show announced for London late July - must be in with a shout as one of the headliners given he last played in 2017

Can't see him as a headliner, would be too weak for a festival who claims to be the best in Europe (or at least ONE of the best)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Can't see him as a headliner, would be too weak for a festival who claims to be the best in Europe (or at least ONE of the best)

Ah yeah didn’t see how low he played last time although that was only with 1 album. In the UK he definitely would be considered a headliner i’d say and he is only getting bigger. Would be interesting to see where he places also think it being in Budapest pushes him a slot higher than he should be probably for that alone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Ah yeah didn’t see how low he played last time although that was only with 1 album. In the UK he definitely would be considered a headliner i’d say and he is only getting bigger. Would be interesting to see where he places also think it being in Budapest pushes him a slot higher than he should be probably for that alone

Depends how much money and how the one less day impacts the line up. It would be a weak headliner, very weak but He did headline a few festivals in 2019.

SO maybe he could headline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2021 at 9:03 AM, eyebrain said:

Camping on-site vs. city is pretty simple;

- if you're there just for the line-up, stay in the city.

- if you're there for the festival and the experience that comes with it, camp at the festival. You'll be missing out if you need to travel to the festival every god damn day. There's so much more going on during times that are not part of the schedule. The atmosphere is amazing and it becomes a city on its own. + the fact that you don't have to carry a bag and back-up clothes with you the whole day is a comfort that's important for me. Hell, I can go and have a quick shower between bands if I'm at the island.

I haven’t camped at Sziget but I camped at many UK festivals for many years and very much see camping as part of being at (or ‘in’) a festival.
 

However, I disagree that at Sziget the deciding factor in camping or staying offsite is whether you are there for the ‘line up’ or ‘the festival’.
 

We have stayed in the city when we have gone to Sziget mainly because we are a bit older and couldn’t deal with sleeping in a tent in that heat, but staying in the city is an amazing experience of its own for people of all ages.

Budapest is a truly amazing city, and travelling into the festival by boat is spectacular. Loads of people travel in daily and the journey in and out is very much part of the day with a fantastic sense of community too.

At the festival itself, of course we like to see several of the bigger names, but we also love exploring the whole Island, the installations, the political workshops which dig deep into key questions for Hungary about refugees and LGBTQ, the games and activities, and of course, our favourite Sziget thing, small stages with some obscure Eastern European, gypsy punk reggae which half the crowd know word for word in a language you don’t understand but you just catch their joy and join in!

I may be offsite, but I’m there for the festival and we really do festival!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, thetime said:

You seen Sziget headliners?

well, lets take the 2018 and 2019 headliners : they all seem to me "higher" than George Ezra, even if I would 100% take him over, for example, Lana del Rey... lol

+, considering 2022 will only be 6 days instead of 7, I'm waiting for bigger headliners than him, clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a tought, I had this on my mind for a few days and I wanna share this with yall and see if this theory is possible. 

Sziget will let 1-day and 3-day tickets on sale in Autumn (I saw this in the comments on multiple instagram posts, so.. somewhere between September and November), and they can't let tickets on sale if there's no lineup. 

Other thing we know is that "According to Támas Kádár, they'll surely manage to book biggest name we expect".

And also another thing I saw in the comments on instagram was "We're working hard on shaping the lineup for 2022, but we can promise it will be bigger than ever"

So, my theory is that, one of headliners could be Coldplay, they will release new album on October 15th (which is in Autumn), and before or after that tour should be announced. And I think that's why Stiget is waiting for Autumn to announce part of it's lineup along with other ticket options. They are for sure a big name, and imo it goes pretty well with desciprtion "biggest name we expect". 🤷🏼‍♂️

Toughts? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Here's a tought, I had this on my mind for a few days and I wanna share this with yall and see if this theory is possible. 

Sziget will let 1-day and 3-day tickets on sale in Autumn (I saw this in the comments on multiple instagram posts, so.. somewhere between September and November), and they can't let tickets on sale if there's no lineup. 

Other thing we know is that "According to Támas Kádár, they'll surely manage to book biggest name we expect".

And also another thing I saw in the comments on instagram was "We're working hard on shaping the lineup for 2022, but we can promise it will be bigger than ever"

So, my theory is that, one of headliners could be Coldplay, they will release new album on October 15th (which is in Autumn), and before or after that tour should be announced. And I think that's why Stiget is waiting for Autumn to announce part of it's lineup along with other ticket options. They are for sure a big name, and imo it goes pretty well with desciprtion "biggest name we expect". 🤷🏼‍♂️

Toughts? 

yep, as we said last week (page 2 😉 ), it is no longer a secret that Coldplay will be touring in 2022, and it perfectly match with Sziget (the sziget public, dates, the fact that Sziget try to be as "green" as possible, juste like Coldplay etc..)

I'm even 90% sure that Coldplay and Dua Lipa are 2 of the headliners..these are big names after all, it fits with Kadars' declaration ^^ I would also bet on Imagine Dragons... we'll find soon enough I hope 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

yep, as we said last week (page 2 😉 ), it is no longer a secret that Coldplay will be touring in 2022, and it perfectly match with Sziget (the sziget public, dates, the fact that Sziget try to be as "green" as possible, juste like Coldplay etc..)

I'm even 90% sure that Coldplay and Dua Lipa are 2 of the headliners..these are big names after all, it fits with Kadars' declaration ^^ I would also bet on Imagine Dragons... we'll find soon enough I hope 🙂

Apart from Glastonbury, Coldplay don't really do the festival circuit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Apart from Glastonbury, Coldplay don't really do the festival circuit. 

True ! that's why I believe in it ^^ I'm not such a big fan, but I can admit that it is a very big name, with many people who would love to see them. If a big surprise happen, I think it's Coldpaly. Or maybe Maroon 5, I don't remember them being in the Europe Festivals schedule before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

True ! that's why I believe in it ^^ I'm not such a big fan, but I can admit that it is a very big name, with many people who would love to see them. If a big surprise happen, I think it's Coldpaly. Or maybe Maroon 5, I don't remember them being in the Europe Festivals schedule before

If Coldplay do a tour, it's more likely to be there own shows for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2021 at 7:37 PM, Matt86 said:

For 2020, the Island Map was about to look like this :

szi20_campingmap.jpg.png

Crazy how the camping moved not gonna lie, the upgraded ones have been moved towards the dance arena giving them worse sleep then general is now at the bottom for the most part. Obviously where people actually camp is quite hard to see but this seems like a poor choice (good for me though being in general most likely should i return)

15 hours ago, thetime said:

Depends how much money and how the one less day impacts the line up. It would be a weak headliner, very weak but He did headline a few festivals in 2019.

SO maybe he could headline.

surely a similar size to say The 1975 are in Hungary though - catfish/macklemore too from when i went. definitely won’t be one of the days at the ends of the festival but I guess day 2-5 is possible for him (perhaps alongside someone else)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...