Jump to content

Sziget 2022


Matt86

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

How likely would be to have Kanye as a Sziget headliner? He's going to headline Coachella, has recently done a concert with Drake and released an album and it's a rapper (like Eminem)...

0,01%. He's not really doing tours nowadays and when he was (6-7 years ago), it was US+UK only.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

How likely would be to have Kanye as a Sziget headliner? He's going to headline Coachella, has recently done a concert with Drake and released an album and it's a rapper (like Eminem)...

I'd say unlikely but not impossible. I've no idea what he'd charge but can't be much more than Foos or Ed I wouldn't have thought. Not sure there are that many BIG European festivals yet to announce their headliners so it would have to be a visit specifically for Sziget which would drive the price up even further but, as a statement booking, they don't get much bigger. 

With the right setlist he'd be fantastic. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nikky said:

Harry Styles concert in Budapest in July. 

Wouhouuuu ! #bestnewsoftheday

5 hours ago, Newjem said:

Yeah, you'll get Major Lazer instead 😛

noooooo ! 😞 😞 😢

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Wouldn't mind a few from this. Paramore and Avril being standouts.

FJZy6taVcAExyjd.jpg

damn I would take 75% of that list lol .. ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Good to know that Paramore will be active this year... they would be a very good addition to the Sziget lineup.

I'd love that, but I don't believe it .. since 2014 and Blink-182, Sziget seems to have abandonned pop-punk on their line up 😞

I'm still wondering who might be there .. When I look at "important" bands/artists touring Europe in 2022 with no dates in Hungary (like Biffy Clyro, Placebo, MARINA, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, etc...), I still think there's a little chance.

But I believe we might get another important part of the 2020 line up (Calvin Harris , maybe Major Lazer sadly.., Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals...) +, let's hope, some names that we haven't heard of yet in Europe this Summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I'd love that, but I don't believe it .. since 2014 and Blink-182, Sziget seems to have abandonned pop-punk on their line up 😞

I'm still wondering who might be there .. When I look at "important" bands/artists touring Europe in 2022 with no dates in Hungary (like Biffy Clyro, Placebo, MARINA, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, etc...), I still think there's a little chance.

But I believe we might get another important part of the 2020 line up (Calvin Harris , maybe Major Lzer sadly.., Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals...) +, let's hope, some names that we haven't heard of yet in Europe this Summer

I don’t think we can take much from the when we were young festival. They may pull a surprise out the bag and make a change to some off the line up as it is getting a bit the same as 2018. I still expect some if not all  from Biffy Clyro, Placebo, Imagine Dragons, Tame Impala, Calvin Harris, Mabel, Stormzy , Glass Animals. You could almost just pick any act from Broad masters, Leeds, Festival Cabaret Vert. I think Leaks said that Foals were also in the running so hopefully we will find out soon. Others could be Jamie XX, Weekend or Justin Bieber , Halsey, Kasabian, Rap Act ?  possibly Keane, Madness or Snow Patrol,   I was expecting some sort off announcement soon but with the way the world is they maybe holding back. . I see Wolf Alice are backing up Harry Styles in Budapest so I don’t think they will be back but I would love to see them back as I missed them before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I'd love that, but I don't believe it .. since 2014 and Blink-182, Sziget seems to have abandonned pop-punk on their line up 😞

They had Sum 41 in 2016, Bad Religion in 2017, The Living End in 2018, Idles + Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes in 2019... to name a few. 😋

Of course Paramore are bigger than these, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the lineup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They had Sum 41 in 2016, Bad Religion in 2017, The Living End in 2018, Idles + Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes in 2019... to name a few. 😋

Of course Paramore are bigger than these, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the lineup!

Idles pop-punk ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They had Sum 41 in 2016, Bad Religion in 2017, The Living End in 2018, Idles + Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes in 2019... to name a few. 😋

Of course Paramore are bigger than these, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the lineup!

all of these acts wouldn't headline, unlike Paramore (and so did Blink-18 😉

 

7 hours ago, Nico5629 said:

Idles pop-punk ??

same for Frank Carter, nothing Pop in his music ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, m4rkoman said:

Do I have to be fast to buy day tickets or is it not selling out quickly?

day tickets ? it depends on the artists of the day, especially the headliner.. Does anyone remember if they were still day tickets for Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters day in 2019 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Matt86 said:

day tickets ? it depends on the artists of the day, especially the headliner.. Does anyone remember if they were still day tickets for Ed Sheeran or Foo Fighters day in 2019 ?

Ed sold out, including the additional tickets they were able to find from somewhere! No other days did, including Foos.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Ed sold out, including the additional tickets they were able to find from somewhere! No other days did, including Foos.

Yeah, i believe this kind of big Pop acts is the perfect target for Sziget in order to sold out.. that's why i wouldn't be surprise if they try to get a second one after Dua Lipa ! something like Maroon 5 or Shakira would definitely have the same effect than Ed Sheeran ( I gave those 2 examples because they are both suppose to perform this Summer, so why not..)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...