Sziget 2022

Matt86

6 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Has Sam Fender dropped out??? He's disappeared from the line-up and main stage timings have changed.

Absolutely fucking gutted if he has.

laryngitis, says on their instagram

This is my first time SZiget and I am blown away! Love the vibe and stages. 

And there is so much more to see beside the Main Stage. Decided to visit the National Vietnamese Puppetry Theatre today instead of Kings Of Leon. I have seen KOL already . And wow! Love those international performances and the puppet theatre is really worth the visit!

1 minute ago, billybigballs said:

Moving Holly Humberstone to sub is ridiculous. She barely warrants a slot on the main stage, never mind a sub slot. It'll be empty. Why not just put her in Inhaler's slot in Freedome and move Inhaler onto mainstage?

Agree, why was she on Main in the first place anyway. 

Set of the career tonight 😀

13 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Moving Holly Humberstone to sub is ridiculous. She barely warrants a slot on the main stage, never mind a sub slot. It'll be empty. Why not just put her in Inhaler's slot in Freedome and move Inhaler onto mainstage?

Exactly what I just said to a friend of mine! Move Inhaler to the main!

I’d agree but move Fontaines DC - their slot is very late for such a great band.

They’ve filled in for Sicknote Sam at Glastonbury when they were far less well known and did a great job! That’s how I first saw them!

Holly a terrible substitute as wether you like her or not, the genre mismatch is massive!

Edited by amfy
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Inhaler are hardly bigger. It will be full of people waiting for AM - Inhaler do make a lot of sense though given they just supported AM on a load of dates

59 minutes ago, activean said:

"Barcelona-based rap group Tribade that prides itself on social activism writes 'Israel doesn't exist,' draws penis on Israeli flag at campsite after performing at Hungary's Sziget Festival"

This certainly is an eventfull edition 

I still love the festival . I think it shows the tensions there are alround the world right now but still every person from a different country is able to party and celebrate together. Think there should me more events like this spread through the world.

Yeah, despite the different smaller issues the festival had this year, it’s still very much Sziget and very fun. 

Don’t forget the fact that only half a year ago there was still a lot of uncertainty and lockdowns going on. Festival prep was not optimal for Sziget I would think. And the music/festival industry is still recovering. I’m pretty sure the 30th birthday of sziget will be one for the books. 

3 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I still love the festival . I think it shows the tensions there are alround the world right now but still every person from a different country is able to party and celebrate together. Think there should me more events like this spread through the world.

No, it wasnt a planned event but incident from music group going through camp and filmed themself while mocking Israel.

Festival apologised and promised they won't invite them again. 

Otherwise you are right, Island is full of free minded people and that is fantastic 🙂

Too bad about Sam Fender, decent music, maybe potential future headliner but his career won't last that way. 

The truth is that right now it takes a massive draw to get people into the main stage dust bowl. No one wants to expose themselves to that unnecessarily & I really feel that I am not alone in avoiding it until a headliner I really want to see.

I might’ve gone to Tame Impala last night out of curiosity but we actually decided to take the whole day off rather than be in the dust bowl for acts like Anne-Marie & Sigurd that we quite. Like in the afternoon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, amfy said:

The truth is that right now it takes a massive draw to get people into the main stage dust bowl. No one wants to expose themselves to that unnecessarily & I really feel that I am not alone in avoiding it until a headliner I really want to see.

I might’ve gone to Tame Impala last night out of curiosity but we actually decided to take the whole day off rather than be in the dust bowl for acts like Anne-Marie & Sigurd that we quite. Like in the afternoon.

Hear you on that one, the dust is really bad. Sat in the tent listening to Arctic monkeys. Gave the main stage a wide birth today.