Sziget 2022

Matt86

19 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

The amount of dust after Dua was insane, don’t remember such after Ed Sheeran sold-out show. Immediately put bandana on my face and still woke up next morning with black snot and for reason unknown still feel beaten, I don’t want to get the festival flu only after the first day 😦

Otherwise it was a good start! 

That was incredible the way it was in the air like fog. There is the evidence of the exceptional dry conditions they mentioned when they said they would not be filling the pool. We have even had rain this week and it was still so so dry! 
I am almost pleased that some is forecast for the weekend.

I put my shrug over my face coming out and didn’t feel it was doing any good but I did have far less ‘black snot’ than my husband who didn’t. It’s worth bearing in mind that a face covering is helpful?

Well, we gave Bieber a go and 40 minutes in we gave up and went elsewhere. Amazing turnout, obviously a very popular and profitable booking but, my goodness, he delivers nothing and looks off his tits on something. My 17-year-old daughter summed it up best with her "I've never seen someone so boring, and bored, in my life" comment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The turnout was impressive I would say. The organisation indicated on the big screens that there would be some free space on the left side, but that's where I was and it was fully packed. Probably lots of Beliebers who were camping as well to be fair, but the crowd knew most of the songs by heart where I stood.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Curious about Stromae too. And his turnout. 

I was on the right side, it was packed and most of the folks around me was into the show, so not just Bieber fans i guess. 

Only saw JB's last three songs from the back, under that trees with lampions, where i was through KOL show yesterday and suprisingly Bieber didn't have way bigger audience, at least at the end of the show. 

We gave Beieber a few tunes to see if her was worth catching, I felt like I wanted to hear him at least do one tune I knew before I moved on, but in the end, I couldn’t be bothered.

Slowthai had been amazing. Tremendous energy form him and the crowd, absolutely loved it. Following that I wasn’t prepared to tolerate a half paced Bieber and we moved on to The Colluseum and loved that. 

Edited by amfy

stromae was soooo good!

he was my favorite performer, so i was afraid to see him not in a french speaking country, but he the everyone in a minute.

about jb - he is bad and we knew it. i watched it from the back and got to see Love Yourself from the top of the ferris wheel which was awsome! (he didnt sing it, the croud did).

after the show we went to see thw Queen tribute and it was a great sing along gig to close the night.

btw, what happend at the circus?

Stromae seemed to have the crowd. I only know two of his songs and enjoyed them completely. Caught 'Run Boy Run' by Wood kid as his closing song. Freedome was packed and he had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Not seen that kind of devotion in a long time. He seemed genuinely blown away by it. Wish we'd got there earlier. 

Jungle's crowd was huge too. Literally no space in Freedome from the first song onwards. Great way to end the evening. 

Edited by billybigballs

25 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

stromae was soooo good!

he was my favorite performer, so i was afraid to see him not in a french speaking country, but he the everyone in a minute.

about jb - he is bad and we knew it. i watched it from the back and got to see Love Yourself from the top of the ferris wheel which was awsome! (he didnt sing it, the croud did).

after the show we went to see thw Queen tribute and it was a great sing along gig to close the night.

btw, what happend at the circus?

One of the cranes used in the performance collapsed and crushed the girl’s leg. Not good. 

Seriuos question festival goers:

How are you dealing with tiredness and stiff legs? Any tips & tricks? 

Came to Budapest straight from traveling around for a week, already tired and i feel terrible atm, couldnt sleep half of the night and that made it even worse. After all festivals i've done i don't remember ever having so terribly tired legs

8 minutes ago, Visitor said:

Anyone knows how it ended with the tower-climber(s) at the Jungle concert?

😯

1 hour ago, Visitor said:

Anyone knows how it ended with the tower-climber(s) at the Jungle concert?

The band was forced to stop until they came down. When they said it on stage, people started pulling those idiots down at other towers as well. They had security at each tower pretty quick as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

Seriuos question festival goers:

How are you dealing with tiredness and stiff legs? Any tips & tricks? 

Came to Budapest straight from traveling around for a week, already tired and i feel terrible atm, couldnt sleep half of the night and that made it even worse. After all festivals i've done i don't remember ever having so terribly tired legs

😯

Magnesium and paracetamol for me lol

• Upvote 1

Stromae was magnificent, but the crowd near me was mediocre at best. JB also was better than I expected, but that 10-minute instrumental in the end was really out of place (although sounded good). 

Turned out Woodkid is not my kind of concert, like a movie soundtrack without movie, too epic and pompous. And Jungle have outdone themselves, one of the best shows this week so far IMO. 

12 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Did anyone find a secret party? And is there even one?

I doubt there is one.

Article saying that in the Circus accident girl suffered multiple structures and that "doctors are trying to save her legs from being amputated". 

I do hope article does overreact but terrible news anyway:|

A lot of wrong informations In the different articles. It was a girl, not a guy. Only one of her legs was crushed. And she fainted when she got released. But still soooo terrible. 

I do feel that the structure used by them should never have made the security check (if there even was one).

40 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

the field was half empty even due all other stages were shut down.

i love them, but the a lot of people don't know they are.

It’s my fourth Sziget and I’ve never seen so few people at a headliner’s show there  

(probably The National could compete, but I was at the barriers, so couldn’t see what’s on the back)

8 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

(probably The National could compete, but I was at the barriers, so couldn’t see what’s on the back)

I remember me and a friend were in the middle of the crowd during Macklemore and got to the second row next to the runway for The National just by taking up the place of the people leaving

1 hour ago, sandorbeni said:

I remember me and a friend were in the middle of the crowd during Macklemore and got to the second row next to the runway for The National just by taking up the place of the people leaving

To be honest that happens a lot if 2 acts are completely different, it's not about size only