Sziget 2022

Matt86

40 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Finally going this afternoon. An important question tho: Are you allowed to bring bags to the festival area( if you are not a camping visitor) Can’t see it anywhere on the site? 

You can, but maybe there are some size limits, can't find anything on webpage either. I had one backpack with sweather, rain coats and powerbank with me in 2019

27 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Ah man, that sucks. Where are you flying from? 

Berlin. I knew booking flights on the same day as festival starts is a risky move 

18 hours ago, kristofm said:

I talked to the guy who did my check in, he said the first day is going to be worse than today was.

It wasn’t. It was really easy. Queued for about 10 minutes at about 2pm. I feel sorry for, and thankful to, everyone that queued for hours at Akwarium yesterday.

• Upvote 1

How was everyone's first day? 

We did VIP and not really worth the extra tbh. Very oversold. Great at main stage during the day but last night at was packed with no seating to be had. The VIP at Freedome had long drop toilets and a bar, nothing else. 

Act wise, thought Dua was great but her setlist missed some great songs and included a few I wouldn't have chosen. 

Role Model was excellent, came across really well. As did Nova Twins. Cleopatrick were okay but sounded quite quiet. Rufus du Sol just seemed out of place. 

A decent start but nothing blew me away. 

39 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

How was everyone's first day? 

We did VIP and not really worth the extra tbh. Very oversold. Great at main stage during the day but last night at was packed with no seating to be had. The VIP at Freedome had long drop toilets and a bar, nothing else. 

Act wise, thought Dua was great but her setlist missed some great songs and included a few I wouldn't have chosen. 

Role Model was excellent, came across really well. As did Nova Twins. Cleopatrick were okay but sounded quite quiet. Rufus du Sol just seemed out of place. 

A decent start but nothing blew me away. 

Well…talking about crowded. I was on the VIP deck and had a good view. I saw people being trampled underneath because it was so crowded on the MainStage field.

It was very crowded on the field during Dua Lipa. We went further and further to the side but even there it was a bit too much. Good concert, but couldn't fully enjoy it because of the chaos around us. 

My highlight was Xurxo Fernandes! Both Global Village and Europe Stage are so much more comfortable and the acts are very original. Loving it!

We came in from the left (Global Village side) which was a strategy from previous  years as the vast majority will come from the right, especially on day one, when many have’t quite sussed the layout. We were relatively far forward if to the side. 

As the set approached it got more and more chaotic and my husband said ‘I can’t deal with this, I’ll meet you after’. I persuaded him to give it 5 minutes and the crowd settled a bit, with more issues being caused by people trying to get out than in! This did gradually give a little (very little) more space but overall the general hassle of people moving, getting on each other’s shoulders etc did make it hard to get into the music properly.

Nonetheless, I am really glad we didn’t move because I now know, as I thought at the time, that there wasn’t going to be a spot that felt better, & the option was be there or not be there, rather than going to a place in the field which felt better.

A good show - undoubtably mostly mimed, but fun, in between the being trodden on!

Sziget do need to get the trick of knowing when a main stage headliner is going to pull the whole site into that field, and put a couple of stronger options elsewhere. I’ve seen this previously with Rihanna & Pink (from worse spots in the field) & it’s so disappointing to look forward to something and not be able to enjoy it as you should.

I don’t think anyone else this week has that same universal pull so other main stage shows should be more comfortable.

• Upvote 1

I have mixed feelings about day 1,

firsty, my own problems with delayed flight, than rushing through Budapest barelly eating and drinking anything whole day...missed Noga Erez and Milky Chance. 

Secondly, waited 15 minutes on train, 1 hour queing for tickets, another 15 minutes for top up, another 15 for bars and toilets and so on. Yesterday it felt very crowded to me and it kind of killed my vibe in the end. 

Saw Nova Twins, they were fine, Dua was amazing but it was chaos and folks around me was having debate club for some reason:/ 

I would agree smaller stages won the night, i enjoyed Europa and Tribute stage. 

They had no one on in the tent so everyone was going to see her. 

Bad planning and they seemed to have narrowed the main stage as well. Very busy but milky chance were brilliant, meet one off the twins watching dua lipa and both were good. 

Overall a good day. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, branvan said:

How is the sound from the VIP at Main Stage? Is the VIP-Stage at the back? 

It's to the left of main stage as you look at it. It has two levels with the top level (five boxes) being the VIP section of the VIP section. Lol. All were private boxes. One of them was an YSL one, not sure who the rest belonged too. Corporate hospitality essentially. 

Sound was okay. Nothing stood out as being an issue. 

Edited by billybigballs

5 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

They had no one on in the tent so everyone was going to see her. 

Bad planning and they seemed to have narrowed the main stage as well. Very busy but milky chance were brilliant, meet one off the twins watching dua lipa and both were good. 

Overall a good day. 

Got to say that having nobody playing Freedome when she was on was borderline dangerous IMHO. 

• Upvote 1

i was sooo disapointed about the decoration yesterday.

first of all, the bridge had no flags like every year, they didnt put on the flags street next to the a38 tent (it was the best spot to meet my lost friends by just waiting under our flag).

those two are a bit spoiled, but they didnt pit the umberellas on the main street so there were no shade, and they didnt put the street signs on the main roads like every year, so we got lost a lot when looking for stages.

what do you think?

8 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

i was sooo disapointed about the decoration yesterday.

first of all, the bridge had no flags like every year, they didnt put on the flags street next to the a38 tent (it was the best spot to meet my lost friends by just waiting under our flag).

those two are a bit spoiled, but they didnt pit the umberellas on the main street so there were no shade, and they didnt put the street signs on the main roads like every year, so we got lost a lot when looking for stages.

what do you think?

They do seem to have streamlined a few things this year, even the sziget sign by a38 is half the size.

Well it was a bit of a mare moving in day one on Monday. Bag searches were very thorough, and I mean thorough. Which meant 1 bag being searched took 5 minutes, after 30 minutes they realised this was not the best option. The ticket office which exchanged for wristbands didn't put on the moving ticket for some, so they had to sort that and q again....which I will follow on. 

Got through bag search and made my way through to chill. Then they said I couldn't enter as I didn't have a moving on ticket. So had to walk all the way back to wristband exchange and try and sort it, as I thought it was already on there and an issue with chill scanners. Then I had to q and go through bag search again. Notcwhat you need after travelling over night. 

Then yesterday morning a tree fell on someone's tent in chill 10 feet away. They were OK. 

I expected Dua Lipa to be over crowded to be honest, expect arctic monkeys to be the same. Hopefully KOL will be more chilled tonight. 

The changes are a bit weird, no used to them. It does feel different this year, perhaps less guitar music. Looking forward to bastille, kol and Bab L'bluz tonight. 

The amount of dust after Dua was insane, don’t remember such after Ed Sheeran sold-out show. Immediately put bandana on my face and still woke up next morning with black snot and for reason unknown still feel beaten, I don’t want to get the festival flu only after the first day 😦

Otherwise it was a good start! 

This is my first time SZiget and I am blown away! Love the vibe and stages. 

And there is so much more to see beside the Main Stage. Decided to visit the National Vietnamese Puppetry Theatre today instead of Kings Of Leon. I have seen KOL already . And wow! Love those international performances and the puppet theatre is really worth the visit!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

That was so much better last night, you could get a drink, walk about and piss where there was space. 

Nothing on I want to see today but the kids are buzzing for Justin. 

We are a bit like you. We are coming in for Alfie Templeman at 5pm and then our next act is Jungle at midnight. A big gap to fill. Will probably take a look at Stromae as everyone says his stage show is impressive and might give slowthai a look but that stuff with Katherine Ryan a few years ago still doesn't sit well with me. Think we'll give the circus a go during Justin!

• Thanks 1