Sziget 2022

Matt86

8 hours ago, thetime said:

She's not on the app, so perhaps replacing her with Radiohead. 

Or they just need to update the app properly... 

The Schedule part of app isn't really useful, clashfinder is more transparent.

We are only 2 good weeks away from quessing 2023 lineup 😄

8 hours ago, sziget2022syc said:

Does anyone know if we can enter the island from H bridge? And if we can exchange our tickets there?

General public transport tips for arriving from the city would be appreciated!

Yes, H bridge is generally faster as there’s less people but it’s only easily accessible if you come by car/taxi. Public transportation will get you close to K Bridge. 

K bridge gives better vibes as it looks like a proper entrance 😄 

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

There is a VIP Garden at FreeDome. Not convinced it has viewing platform to stage like main stage has, but it gives you a quicker access to bars and toilets. 

We've bought VIP tix this year. No idea why, other than our 2021 plans got cancelled due to Covid so we had a bit of spare cash. Not convinced it'll be worth it tbh and, given my time again, I'd save the money and rough it with the rest of you!

I've got a moving in ticket from the 8th and chill camping but looking at the app The pre erected camps don't open till the 9th, is this correct?

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

We've bought VIP tix this year. No idea why, other than our 2021 plans got cancelled due to Covid so we had a bit of spare cash. Not convinced it'll be worth it tbh and, given my time again, I'd save the money and rough it with the rest of you!

Don't worry, been a VIP before and again this year. Still spent the time with the rest of the audience. Just getting quick access to clean toilets and bars without waiting while main stage is packed is something I really ...need. Me drinking beer means too much pooping and you can pretty much do that in VIP. The view is not great and not staying there for concerts.

Is this just worth the money? Not sure.. luckily i'm in a position where i did not have to pay for it. If I remember correctly it's first time they're selling VIP tickets so I'm scared they may be a bit more crowded.

Food was pretty good as well. 

19 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

I've got a moving in ticket from the 8th and chill camping but looking at the app The pre erected camps don't open till the 9th, is this correct?

You will see on the ticket for your camping upgrade that you are able to move in early to each campsite with the Moving-in Ticket. If you have purchased a Moving-in Ticket then you will be fine to gain access to your camp site from the 8th.

1 minute ago, TC1 said:

You will see on the ticket for your camping upgrade that you are able to move in early to each campsite with the Moving-in Ticket. If you have purchased a Moving-in Ticket then you will be fine to gain access to your camp site from the 8th.

Cheers for that, the website has been updated stating tents can be moved into but its the huts etc that aren't open till the 9th

7 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Who's getting on site first? We aren't there until around 2pm on the 10th but if people are there earlier than that it'd be great to see some pics of how it's all looking.

We are there at opening on the 8th at 10am... Will see what I can do with a walk around the site on the monday. 

• Upvote 1

People have paid 2x more than other campsites only cause of pool, pool not working makes it the same camping value as rest of upgrade campsites. “Bubble party” is not gonna make it up, people want their money back cause it’s like “not having a headliner” case in a sense. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eyebrain said:

People have paid 2x more than other campsites only cause of pool, pool not working makes it the same camping value as rest of upgrade campsites. “Bubble party” is not gonna make it up, people want their money back cause it’s like “not having a headliner” case in a sense. 

We have an apartment in the city but had considered Superstar camping, solely for the use of the pool. Would not be a happy bunny if we had booked it now.

They'd be better off refunding half the money in drink tokens.

I bet the 'historic drought' doesn't stop Platinus Baths being open during Sziget, despite them almost certainly using 50x the amount of water used by the Superstar camping pool.

So this is our first Sziget and we're totally unprepared (we've done many festivals in the UK like Glastonbury but never abroad).

We'll be in Budapest from the 12th - 16th and have tickets for the 13th-15th. We want to enjoy the city a bit too as I've personally never been to Budapest so I was wondering if anyone had any key suggestions of how to 'do' Sizget?

Obvious questions are things like when should we head to the festival each day, key recommendations of things not to miss and that sort of thing too. Any travel advice is welcome to - I have the festival address and think its about a 20 minute drive so will probably get a Bolt from our AirBnb each day.

Thanks!

Definitely go by boat at least once from town to Sziget & back - the river views are spectacular.

I recommend szechenyi baths for the historic aspect of Hungarian thermal baths (& a bit of a swim & sunbathe) & Paltinus baths on Margit Sziget for proper swimming, sunbathing (& also the thermal baths).

Margit Sziget is also a beautiful park and has lots of cool places to eat & drink by the river.

Go on the hop on off bus to see some sights and get up to the Liberty Statue. The views of Budapest from up there are fabulous.

• Like 1