Sziget 2022

Matt86

8 hours ago, Moran said:

Sziget just posted a story with Harry styles' song!! 🤯
They usually only post artists who perform

I don't see where he can fit in the line up anymore but I'm still hoping😍

After songs being used of Tyler The Creator and Labyrnth don’t get hope. Harry styles won’t be there. Simply impossible. 

25 minutes ago, Nikky said:

So hard to find any reasonable flights price from Amsterdam to Budapest for that week. 

No worries! Maybe take a flight from Cologne to Budapest with Ryan Air? It’s a drive from Amsterdam to cologne but there are options to park there. Check the website of Ryan air and you will see it’s still available.

If you can't find a flight you can also go by bus. We're coming from the netherlands with a maximal trips bus. It's easier to bring all you're camping gear on a bus than on a plane + the bus drops you off at the festival. I believe it's around 140 to go to the festival & back so cheaper than plane tickets atm

9 hours ago, Nikky said:

So hard to find any reasonable flights price from Amsterdam to Budapest for that week. 

Sorry for sounding like your dad Nicky but you seem to have bought tickets for a festival 1000km from home, and only 10 days before started to give thought to how you might get there and where you might sleep. Ah, the innocence of youth! 

I would definitely suggest the train, looks like you can get a return for around 150 euros (or less with lots of changes). Plus, if you've chosen the camping option, you can bring your gear without extra charge.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Nikky said:

Weren't you only asking about accomodation options last week too? You know it's less than two weeks away right? 😂

Can't really complain about lack of options/prices at this stage.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Sorry for sounding like your dad Nicky but you seem to have bought tickets for a festival 1000km from home, and only 10 days before started to give thought to how you might get there and where you might sleep. Ah, the innocence of youth! 

I would definitely suggest the train, looks like you can get a return for around 150 euros (or less with lots of changes). Plus, if you've chosen the camping option, you can bring your gear without extra charge.

You don’t know the personal reasons why someone might book this late. Maybe there wasn’t a guarantee to go. 

At least he/she asks for help. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

You don’t know the personal reasons why someone might book this late. Maybe there wasn’t a guarantee to go. 

At least he/she asks for help. 

Personal circumstances are irrelevant to the issues that have been raised. Buying tickets for a festival 1000km away before searching to find cost of flights and accommodation is poor planning.   

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Some practical questions:

Do you guys pay with cash money in Budapest ? I know that SZiget is cashless or are there a lot of restaurants where you can also pay with card?

They accept card almost everwhere. They must since the beginning of 2020. So if they say you can’t pay with card, threaten them and they will pull out the card machine from under the desk.

I can't remember any places that did not take cards. I have taken 180 sterling into huff but that's more than enough for 3 of us. 

Maybe taxis or some pubs but the ruin pubs/restaurants and shops I was in were using cards and that was 3 bloody years ago 😅

39 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I can't remember any places that did not take cards. I have taken 180 sterling into huff but that's more than enough for 3 of us. 

Maybe taxis or some pubs but the ruin pubs/restaurants and shops I was in were using cards and that was 3 bloody years ago 😅

Perfect! Thanks! Did you pay with general card or credit card? Or were both accepted? 

40 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Perfect! Thanks! Did you pay with general card or credit card? Or were both accepted? 

Both will be accepted. As a dutch person you are able to use your bankcard because Hungary is also EU (not Euro). You dont have to do anything. But normally it is cheaper to pay every transaction in cash and get bigger amounts at once from ATM. 

On 7/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Cranjis said:

I feel like what drinks you can bring in is so murky. anyone know if I would be able to bring in a 4 pack of Red Bulls? 

I've always got lots of drinks in on the first day with me hidden in luggage/camping gear, I would say just bring what you like on the first day and you should be okay! They are just super against glass and feel for that so as long as you don't have that you should be okay! 

17 minutes ago, LittleFest said:

I've always got lots of drinks in on the first day with me hidden in luggage/camping gear, I would say just bring what you like on the first day and you should be okay! They are just super against glass and feel for that so as long as you don't have that you should be okay! 

Its all about using common sense.