Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

For events like "glowsticks party", it happenned during Martin Garrixs' show in 2019, not sure it was mentionned on the passport ( ? ). I still believe this will happen 😉

I looked at the passport from 2019, they actually only mentioned the glowstick party for Martin Garrix and flag party, other stuff written in it were those small talk shows (idk how to call them), so I really hope we'll have those again

7 hours ago, Qishere said:

Does anyone know if there is another entrance for vip tickets? So you don’t have to wait to get to the festival.

I also think sziget is much smaller than previous editions. It’s more like 2014 and before. 

VIP entrance is at the main entrance - there's just a separate entrance and line for them. 

I do agree that on the map it feels smaller - and it clearly is now that there is a huge part of island being protected as "nature reserve", I think they mentioned this in their press conference as well. This explains movement of premium camping grounds and this clearly makes free camping areas much smaller, as all of this area was previously used. Whether free camping is only at the location marked on map, I kind of doubt it - cause camping has always been all over the place, not only at locations marked on map. 

Sadly, if there's "nature reserve", I don't think Sziget could have done anything but adjust their map. These regulations come from higher up. 

I'm guessing the "free camping" just indicates the biggest open space where visitors camp for free. I used to have a nice camping spot between mainstage and party arena (lots of trees/shadow in that area) so really curious about the whole free camping policy this year. 

11 hours ago, eyebrain said:

VIP entrance is at the main entrance - there's just a separate entrance and line for them. 

I do agree that on the map it feels smaller - and it clearly is now that there is a huge part of island being protected as "nature reserve", I think they mentioned this in their press conference as well. This explains movement of premium camping grounds and this clearly makes free camping areas much smaller, as all of this area was previously used. Whether free camping is only at the location marked on map, I kind of doubt it - cause camping has always been all over the place, not only at locations marked on map. 

Sadly, if there's "nature reserve", I don't think Sziget could have done anything but adjust their map. These regulations come from higher up. 

Maybe sell less ticket to avoid overcrowding and security issues? Especially with covid still existing and s*it?

I don't know, I was born a pessimist, but this edition smells terribly from here.

I've got a question about the BBK travel card 15 days pass. Are there any limits on the BBK travel card or can you travel with all the metro's, trams and busses to the Sziget Island? It's seems way cheaper then the Budapest Card. We dont want to use the other stuff like free bath/museum tickets.

Edited by Romanov

4 minutes ago, Romanov said:

I've got a question about the BBK travel card 15 days pass. Are there any limits on de BBK travel card or can you travel with all the metro's, trams and busses to the Sziget Island? It's seems way cheaper then the Budapest Card. We dont want to use the other stuff like free bath/museum tickets.

It's unlimited and you can use it as many times as you want in those 15 days

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thetime said:

I've been in this sziget forum for years and I don't recall you ever been positive about the festival. 🤣

True that, true that, but you can see a pattern explained here eventually ahah - also, I do not believe that my analysis is so biased, feel free to prove me wrong ofc!

Anyway, if that means anything, I was very enthusiast about the 2020 😃

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

True that, true that, but you can see a pattern explained here eventually ahah - also, I do not believe that my analysis is so biased, feel free to prove me wrong ofc!

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It is a fact that it is slowly turning into an exclusive and expensive festival, that is one day shorter this year with not the strongest lineup and they even got rid of different things such as luminarium, Afro-Latin-Reggae village etc.

My main concern for this year is it is going to be overcrowded, but long term it is seems to be turning slowly into European Coachella i'm afraid

European Coachella is def Primavera, not Sziget.

I think it's just an inevitable trend, fueled by the last two years of covid & stricter regulations.  
Festivals are more expensive than ever, with less freedom. 

It's a general trend and tbh, if rumors are right, a 1/2l beer is priced at €2,5, with even cheaper water and soft drinks. In Belgium we pay €3,5 for beer, water or soft drinks at a festival. Everything is getting unreasonably expensive, but that's not something exclusive to Sziget. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, activean said:

There are 3 maps on the webpage, on program / service map, free camping is listed behind the main stage, but on "camping map" free camping area is not specified

camping_map.png

They reverted it in "suggested" free camping. Which is good, because it would be TOO much.

Yet, with so many private camping who take so much space and the natural reserve, I see 3-4 reasonable spots where to camp:

- Behind A38, ex-Alternativa area

- Close to the Circus

- Nearby the Superstar Camping

- Between Colosseum and Chill/Siesta

13 minutes ago, Death By Sexy 2.0 said:

But in Belgium you pay 3,5€ for 25cl, that's a bit different 🙂

Yep, so 2,5€ for 50cl is a great deal haha.
Went to Balaton for the first time in 2015 or 2016 I think, 50cl was about 1,8€.

In the same time span, beer in Belgium (for 25 cl) went from 2,5€ to 3,5€
So it's approx the same level of inflation. 

And the big festivals (Werchter, Pukkelpop, Graspop...) still use paper drink/food tickets. So everything is priced at a multiple of 3,5 which makes it even for Belgian standards really expensive an not really worthy tbh. 

Edited by profilc

8 minutes ago, Moran said:

Sziget just posted a story with Harry styles' song!! 🤯
They usually only post artists who perform

I don't see where he can fit in the line up anymore but I'm still hoping😍

Sorry to burst your bubble but we had busted that theory a while ago when they posted a Labrinth song.

Plus I think Harry Styles is super headliner level at this point so he definitely won't fit anywhere this year

• Upvote 2