Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

I would also recommend going into town one night before or after who you want to see and take In the ruins pubs. 

And I am not gonna go out during the festival since I am planning to spend my time at the festival from 12 or 13 until 5 in the morning next day, because my schedule is overbooked and there is a lot of bands I wanna hear + performing acts that I wanna see (circus, dance performances,..)

I am arriving 2 days before the festival and staying in the city 2 days after the festival, to explore the city (again) and go out with friends, visit museums,... 🙃

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, janqv16 said:

Do we think the “nature reserve” area means it is unavailable for basic camping?

Even more, my friends plan to camp using only basic camping and they're really nervous about that area marked as "free camping" could be the only place to camp without additional upgrades.

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

Even more, my friends plan to camp using only basic camping and they're really nervous about that area marked as "free camping" could be the only place to camp without additional upgrades.

Yeah same! Seems like not as much space as previous years for Basic 

6 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

If that will be the case, this is the end of Sziget as I knew and loved. 

Since 2014 not a year has passed without them restricting the boundaries of the actual freedom on the island or putting a price tag on an experience or increasing the price without improving a real improvement of the offer.

The first time I came a 7 days ticket was 169 €. I paid more for a 3 days ticket in a 6 day festival this year, I could camp wherever I would (as the private camping were small and actually optional), I could go front to back on a stage without any major infrastructure barrier obstructing my way, I could listen to music of ANY kind (world stage i.e.), etc. etc. etc.

The concept seems to have strayed too much from its origin and the jism I get out of it so far is just the one of a Coachella with a touch of eastern Europe extravaganza. I hate Coachella.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

You have all the basic info for every zone, map, timetable and the chekpoints where you are supposed to get stamps and when you collect them all you get a small gift 🌞

Am I supposed to print it off then?

I see wee get it there, it's been a long day already

Edited by craigyb31
Being stupid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

What happened with themed parties at the main stage? The only one I can see is a fucking sponsored Disney+ fan party smh 😒

In previous years we had a glowstick party, flag party, color party and all others, I am really disspointed 😶

They didn't have them in 2019 if memory serves me right.

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

They didn't have them in 2019 if memory serves me right.

They did actually, I was there in 2019, only on the last day there wasn't anything... the other days were banner/climate chnage party, rainbow party, glowstick party, friendship party (with friendship bracelets) and flag party 😕

5 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

They did actually, I was there in 2019, only on the last day there wasn't anything... the other days were banner/climate chnage party, rainbow party, glowstick party, friendship party (with friendship bracelets) and flag party 😕

Oh right. 

Must be the colour party they got rid of in 2019.

3 hours ago, Qishere said:

Does anyone know if there is another entrance for vip tickets? So you don’t have to wait to get to the festival.

I also think sziget is much smaller than previous editions. It’s more like 2014 and before. 

Smaller? Compared it to the other passports of previous years? To me it seems like the exact same looking at size. Why do you wonder it’s smaller?

2 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Smaller? Compared it to the other passports of previous years? To me it seems like the exact same looking at size. Why do you wonder it’s smaller?

If the free camping is really that small and the nature reserve is not camping, there are way less places to camp on the island. I might be wrong but also on the southern part of the island i thought it was further away from the mainstage where they had a special camping, now thats a nature reserve.

Btw, dont get it why they mention some stages/bars twice on the list with the map