Sziget 2022

Matt86

If this is correct it's going to be crazy busy. And I thought the line-up was only average this year too. Give the kids what they want and they will come it seems.

EDIT: Just re-read and it's 96% of the 6 day passes, not all passes as I'd assumed from the graphic. My bad. Still popular though!

sziggy.png

Edited by swelsbyuk

The busy night are the so called mega stars like Ed Sheeran  and that then it's the ones that will attract the younger crowds who flock to it. I don't like the line up as I am older and would love to see more older bands but my kids can't wait to see the headliners and love the line up. 

Also it's not happened for a few years so maybe people are catching up with gigs and festivals 

Dua, Justin and Calvin will probably be the busiest nights. 

Give me Monday any day ☺️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I really thought that Arctic Monkeys would have their new album out by now. As much as I love them, I don't fancy listening to half-a-dozen songs I've never heard before at Sziget. 

Let's wait to see some of their setlists when they start their tour a week before Sziget. It might be possible that they won't release an album and I also have a feeling that they will cut some songs from their latest album and replace them with some older ones.

32 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I really thought that Arctic Monkeys would have their new album out by now. As much as I love them, I don't fancy listening to half-a-dozen songs I've never heard before at Sziget. 

Rumours are at max 1 single before the festival tour with the album in autumn.  

38 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

to be fair i remember mumford & sons put on an amazing show at sziget 2018 before releasing Delta - and they played a few singles from the album

Sziget is attended by a lot of interrailing people and Interrail have said more people are travelling than ever this year. Lots of trains are completely sold out far in advance (not common usually) so maybe that might be something to do with it.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, swelsbyuk said:

I'd suggest on the island as I'd say you've probably left it a bit late for anything decent and reasonably priced in the city. I could be wrong but I've been monitoring booking.com and there doesn't appear to be much left.

From what I have seen pretty much everything on the island is also sold out. 

6 hours ago, Nikky said:

From what I have seen pretty much everything on the island is also sold out. 

You've left it way too late tbh. Your only options now are to stay in Budapest which is probably very expensive or buy a tent from the local supermarket/decathlon and camp for the 3 days.

3 hours ago, Sziget2022 said:

You've left it way too late tbh. Your only options now are to stay in Budapest which is probably very expensive or buy a tent from the local supermarket/decathlon and camp for the 3 days.

Ok, thanks. If I decide for second option where would I shower and use toilet? 

39 minutes ago, Nikky said:

Cool. And one more question. How safe would be tent when you leave it there with your stuff? 

Like any festival its about using your common sense. You will always get rogues at festivals.

So don't leave cash, phones, passports in your tent. Use the lockers. Been to well over a hundred festivals, only been robbed once. That was my fault and not using common sense. 🤨

Edited by thetime

58 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Question is the SZiget Budapest card worth it? I saw other public transport passes which were cheaper. Is the SZiget Budapest card worth the money?

IMO not really, you can find bkk travel card for 15 days which costs 20€ and you can use metros, trains, buses and trams (or that same card for 7€ if you are a student), with Sziget Budapest card you get a free entrance at the spa of your choice but you can just pay it, it's 15-20€ 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

15 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Question is the SZiget Budapest card worth it? I saw other public transport passes which were cheaper. Is the SZiget Budapest card worth the money?

I got the pass as it gets you a free shot in a bath but with the exchange rates and unless your using the boat on a regular basis as I will be I am not sure it's worth it. .the rail card pass thing is about 20 euros. You can't use the boat and you need to get from the airport to where ever so it all depends on what your doing how long your staying. 

I only got one as everyone else has and they are getting the boat every day. 

If I was myself I would not get it, also where are you staying 

14 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

IMO not really, you can find bkk travel card for 15 days which costs 20€ and you can use metros, trains, buses and trams (or that same card for 7€ if you are a student), with Sziget Budapest card you get a free entrance at the spa of your choice but you can just pay it, it's 15-20€ 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Margarte Island baths is about 6 quid with the rates. Not much to it but perfect for lying about and a swim. The big baths which I would strongly recommend is 30 euros so again depends what your plans are Stan . . 

I would also recommend going into town one night before or after who you want to see and take In the ruins pubs.