Matt86

On 7/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Music-wise we're looking at:

Wednesday: Remi Wolf - Noga Erez - Role Model - Rufus Du Sol - Dua Lipa

Thursday: Alice Merton - Bastille - KOL

Friday: Alfie Templeman - Jungle

Saturday: Black Honey - Lola Marsh - Lewis Capaldi - Sevdaliza - Calvin Harris

Sunday: Sigrid - Palaye Royale - Anne-Marie - Caribou/Tame Impala

Monday: Holly Humberstone - Inhaler - Sam Fender - Arctic Monkeys - Fontaines DC

The 2019 line-up was more suited to my tastes so we didn't really try out any other stages so, on Thursday and Friday at least, going to give them a go and be the oldest swinger in town at Elrow on Monday!

Saturday onwards is going to be full for me, early doors not so full. Wednesday - Friday its all about what new stuff I can find.

Wednesday - Remi Wolf and Milky Chance, then exploring the smaller stages.

Thursday - Alice Merton, Bastille, KOL.

Friday - Day/evening in Budapest

Saturday - A38 looks really good on this day with Lola Marsh, Beabadoobee, Sevdaliza, TSHA and Taahliah

Sunday - Sigrid, anne-marie and Tame impala, steve akoi

Monday - Iceage, inhaler, sam fender, arctic monkeys, fontaines and sasha.

Not the greatest edition for me, but enough to keep me going and finding out new stuff. I still have the 2020 initial announcement on the app and that would suit my tastes more. But hey ho. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Who's youtopia and howcome they present a load of artists (including Nina Kraviz https://szigetfestival.com/en/programs#!/p/7427/nina-kraviz). Not really the best look currently!

Live event promoter based in Budapest (https://www.youtopia.hu/). Their main focus seems to be techno parties and festivals...

9 hours ago, thetime said:

Why? 

Sziget had received a considerable amount of criticism on Instagram from people upset at Kraviz's inclusion. She's Russian and has made certain pro-invasion comments and, when questioned, has refused to condemn the war.

Edited by billybigballs

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

She's Russian and has made certain pro-invasion comments

What pro invasion comments has she made? I can't see any online.

For me musicians, sportsmen, normal Russian people should not be penalised for there politicians decisions. 

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

What pro invasion comments has she made? I can't see any online.

For me musicians, sportsmen, normal Russian people should not be penalised for there politicians decisions. 

She didn't. She's close to some shady Russian businessmen and she didn't speak against the war except saying "peace to everyone" etc. The 2nd thing is really what normal Russian musicians and sportsman do online since the start of the war because they could get into trouble for saying more, there's a lot of drama about the first thing that I didn't get that deep into but nobody ever found any actual "pro war" statements from her

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, thetime said:

Saturday onwards is going to be full for me, early doors not so full. Wednesday - Friday its all about what new stuff I can find.

Wednesday - Remi Wolf and Milky Chance, then exploring the smaller stages.

Thursday - Alice Merton, Bastille, KOL.

Friday - Day/evening in Budapest

Saturday - A38 looks really good on this day with Lola Marsh, Beabadoobee, Sevdaliza, TSHA and Taahliah

Sunday - Sigrid, anne-marie and Tame impala, steve akoi

Monday - Iceage, inhaler, sam fender, arctic monkeys, fontaines and sasha.

Not the greatest edition for me, but enough to keep me going and finding out new stuff. I still have the 2020 initial announcement on the app and that would suit my tastes more. But hey ho. 

We just had a group chat on who to see. There is not much in the Tents for me and pretty disappointed in the line-up for more older bands, I remember seeing  a few in the tent and a few others last thing and they were great.

Wednesday- Rufus De soul -Dua Lipa

Thursday – Rocks, Alice Merton, Bastille, KOL.

Friday – Not a thing but everyone wants to see Justin: Possibly Jungle but hopefully a night out in Budapest

Saturday – Lewis and Calvin, must be a Scottish thing 😊

Sunday - Sigrid, anne-marie and Steve Akoi- not sure what I am going to do for 5 hours between them

Monday - inhaler, Holly Humberstone, sam fender, arctic monkeys, fontaines and Elrow

Tuesday- Have depression for a week and then remind myself how great it all was

I have tried rufus and theysound good, so do rocks the first day at 5:00pm, 

With 4 weeks to go I am just glad it looks like its all happening 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Sziget had received a considerable amount of criticism on Instagram from people upset at Kraviz's inclusion. She's Russian and has made certain pro-invasion comments and, when questioned, has refused to condemn the war.

Appreciate everyone has their own favourites on the line-up but, if you are at a loose end at 5pm on the Saturday, I really recommend giving Black Honey a go in Freedome. One of the best live rock/indie bands I've seen in the past few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Appreciate everyone has their own favourites on the line-up but, if you are at a loose end at 5pm on the Saturday, I really recommend giving Black Honey a go in Freedome. One of the best live rock/indie bands I've seen in the past few years.

Looks like they've made a big effort getting more women n the bill this year. All of Freedome on the Saturday is women this year. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2022 at 2:53 PM, activean said:

Any Global Village and Dropyard recommendations?

Moonlight Benjamin, Minyo Crusaders and Volosi are all quality entertainment. If you also like the really traditional folk you can also go for Xurxo Fernandes, Lalala Napoli or Rodopi Ensemble. Los Orangutanes looks promising too. But I'm also very curious about the late night acts that are slightly more electronic such as Zar Electrick, Balaphonik Sound System and Zorg & Zoord.

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

No idea at the minute.

They need to sort you out, pretty sure they're legally obliged to get you to your destination on the day you're due to arrive or as near as possible, either on one of their flights or on a competitors'.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Flight cancelled. 😔

Is it just outbound or both? Perhaps consider flying into Bratislava or Vienna if they can't offer you Budapest. Trains from both run very regularly to Budapest, take a couple of hours or so to get to Budapest and are cheap as chips (about 25 euros). Just another option.

Edited by billybigballs

36 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Is it just outbound or both? Perhaps consider flying into Bratislava or Vienna if they can't offer you Budapest. Trains from both run very regularly to Budapest, take a couple of hours or so to get to Budapest and are cheap as chips (about 25 euros). Just another option.

54 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

They need to sort you out, pretty sure they're legally obliged to get you to your destination on the day you're due to arrive or as near as possible, either on one of their flights or on a competitors'.

1 hour ago, craigyb31 said:

Thats rubbish, what's your plans now?

Finally(hopefully) sorted, took us most of the day though. Getting a flight a day earlier on the Sunday, late night flight. 

Bit of a nightmare we first booked flights for sziget in September 2019, cancelled in 2020. Then we rebooked them for mad cool in Madrid, cancelled. Then rebooked for sziget start of 2022, cancelled. 

Hopefully no more issues. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Finally(hopefully) sorted, took us most of the day though. Getting a flight a day earlier on the Sunday, late night flight.  

Hopefully no more issues. 

Did they sort this out as replacement for your original flight or did you have to pay something extra?