Sziget 2022

Matt86

10 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Im still hoping that Bieber will cancel and they will replace him with someone who doesnt make cheesy pop music. 

Interesting to see that beers for 1000 at Volt- are they run by the same people, and therefore we can expect the same price at Sziget? 

I dont  want Justin but I think he will be a huge miss as they will not replace him with anyone decent and they will bump folk up. 

1000 would be a decent price thats about £2.15 according to Google 

6 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

1000 would be a decent price thats about £2.15 according to Google 

Nice, One of the appeals of Sziget is the cheap booze prices, i remember going to Balaton about 10 years ago and thinking how great it was to get a cold fresh pint whenever you liked without worrying about the cost (it was about £1.50 for a Heineken!). 

Luckily the Pound seems rather strong against the Forint, unlike the Euro. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Are bigger bags allowed on the festival site? What do people advise ? Just to bring a jacket or rain poncho. 

The weather seems to be unpredictable to me. Or is a T-shirt and shorts simply good 😉 ! I don’t know how often there are thunder storms….

Well, people camp in the festival area, so you can bring bigger bags, duffels, suitcases,... 😁

Well, it's five weeks tomorrow. Time seems to be flying by. Those of us heading from the UK should know by Friday whether our plans are impacted by flight cancellations or not, which will make for a nail-biting next 80 hours or so.

What are everybody's plans? We're in the city centre, near the chain-link bridge arriving in the city Tuesday afternoon and fly out the following Tuesday.

Edited by billybigballs

30 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Well, it's five weeks tomorrow. Time seems to be flying by. Those of us heading from the UK should know by Friday whether our plans are impacted by flight cancellations or not, which will make for a nail-biting next 80 hours or so.

What are everybody's plans? We're in the city centre, near the chain-link bridge arriving in the city Tuesday afternoon and fly out the following Tuesday.

Fly out on the 1st flight on the 8th, got to get there early. 😄

Been checking out and patterns of BA cancellations, yes I'm that nerdy and sad. Monday first flights seem OK at the minute. 😁

camping in chill camping this year. Bit gutted bridge upgrade camping has gone, as that was perfect with being away from the all night venues. 

3 hours ago, billybigballs said:

(Hopefully) flying from Heathrow to Vienna on the Sunday. Couple of nights there before grabbing a train to Budapest on Tuesday lunchtime. Staying in the city and then flying back to Heathrow on the following Wednesday, giving us one spare day after the festival has ended to explore Budapest - something we failed to do when we came in 2019!!

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 hours ago, janqv16 said:

Full festival schedule coming “very soon” according to the latest instagram post 👀

I love the fact the post is asking who your favourite main stage act will be when they've not actually told us who will be on the main stage! Hilarious 🙄

We are going 8th - 18th - Ryanair from Manchester. Fingers crossed! 

I hope JB plays - not a massive fan but would probably take the chance to see him, & it’s too late to get anyone of a similar stature.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, amfy said:

We are going 8th - 18th - Ryanair from Manchester. Fingers crossed! 

I hope JB plays - not a massive fan but would probably take the chance to see him, & it’s too late to get anyone of a similar stature.

We're on that flight too, staying on site from the Monday and a hotel room booked Tuesday night, what are the transfers like from the airport to the festival?

11 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

We're on that flight too, staying on site from the Monday and a hotel room booked Tuesday night, what are the transfers like from the airport to the festival?

If you take the train / tube, make sure you validate your ticket in the machines. Friends of mine got caught out when we went.

I'm actually in Budapest interrailing for part of sziget, might consider a day ticket!

I thought about the passes as the transfer is included and we are going to try and see a bit of the city too

6 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

I thought about the passes as the transfer is included and we are going to try and see a bit of the city too

Buy a city pass at the airport and use it from there. It isn’t in your ticket but for us staying off site it has always been worth having despite seeing a bit pricey at first sight. You can use it for as many river trips as you like, one free spa and as many half price ones as you want, free trams and trains - just so easy.

Its well worth spending time exploring the city. Some days it is easy to go earlier in the day & just come back for headliners. Despite having a full ticket, we sometimes skip a day in the middle!

In the past we have got a taxi from the airport cos we don’t know where we’re going but got the train back. We know Budapest a bit better now so may well get the train from the airport to the city & then see what we think.

see you on the 8th!

Edited by amfy
To add a bit in about seeing the city

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

If you take the train / tube, make sure you validate your ticket in the machines. Friends of mine got caught out when we went.

I'm actually in Budapest interrailing for part of sziget, might consider a day ticket!

4 minutes ago, amfy said:

Buy a city pass at the airport and use it from there. It isn’t in your ticket but for us staying off site it has always been worth having despite seeing a bit pricey at first sight.
In the past we have got a taxi from the airport cos we don’t know where we’re going but got the train back. We know Budapest a bit better now so may well get the train from the airport to the city & then see what we think.

see you on the 8th!

May do the city pass at the airport then, will look into it, its our first foreign festival so bit daunting, especially for someone who likes to be duper organised 😆 

1 minute ago, craigyb31 said:

May do the city pass at the airport then, will look into it, its our first foreign festival so bit daunting, especially for someone who likes to be duper organised 😆 

Understandable yep, sure you'll have a good one.

Not sure what your budget is but the food inside is pretty steep almost UK prices so we always went to the Auchan supermarket - its like hungarian costco and their food hall has amazing food. if you forget anything - pretty much everything is there and they have lots of special sziget themed stuff outside like we got free drinks in this pop-up bar one day of 2019!

Be sure to camp in shade as well if at all possible - sziget can be a scorcher!

6 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

Maybe we’ll share a taxi then! 🤣

Its quite an easy city to navigate because there is an app for the transport system. There are also Sziget Reps at the airport who will help to point you in the right direction!

8 minutes ago, amfy said:

Maybe we’ll share a taxi then! 🤣

Its quite an easy city to navigate because there is an app for the transport system. There are also Sziget Reps at the airport who will help to point you in the right direction!

Taxi could be a thing, just been looking on the sziget website and the coach from the airport look fun..... not lol

8 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

Taxi could be a thing, just been looking on the sziget website and the coach from the airport look fun..... not lol

Could you Facebook friend me so we can link up? I’m Ay Em Eff on there (don’t ask!) I’d be happy for us to share a taxi into town. 

I warn you - their taxi drivers are f in nuts!

Edited by amfy
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, amfy said:

I warn you - their taxi drivers are f in nuts!

1st time we got a taxi to the site from the airport. Taxi driver gave us a tour of the city in his taxi, just because he was friendly. We didn't ask and he didn't charge us extra.

Good job we wasn't in a rush.