Sziget 2022

Matt86

8 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Not sure if I've missed this somewhere down the line but in 2020, before Covid paid us a visit, Sziget announced a huge revamp of the Colosseum. Is that lined-up for 2022 now or has it been put on hold?

The line up for colosseum is huge. I guess the area will be as well. I think i also saw something like that with the announcement of the names for colosseum. But not 100% sure

On 6/28/2022 at 7:31 AM, iamdebrii said:

So are we 100% that Bieber will cancel his August dates?

Justin Bieber’s team have confirmed his tour is set to re-commence at Summer Festival Lucca (Italy) on 31st July 2022. Justin Bieber is still set to headline Sziget Festival.

25 minutes ago, thetime said:

Getting a bit more worried now on those flights from Heathrow. 

Cancelled flights from Heathrow to Budapest now at least once a day. 

Don't they have three or four a day going out? If they cancel one, they should be able to accommodate you on one of the others. How soon before the festival begins are you flying?

2 hours ago, TC1 said:

Justin Bieber’s team have confirmed his tour is set to re-commence at Summer Festival Lucca (Italy) on 31st July 2022. Justin Bieber is still set to headline Sziget Festival.

Is that a new announcement or just a reiteration of the one they made when he cancelled his N.American gigs?

47 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Don't they have three or four a day going out? If they cancel one, they should be able to accommodate you on one of the others. How soon before the festival begins are you flying?

Fly on the 8th(monday). 

That depends all on availability, cancelling 2 flights out of the is going to cause issues.

That's before the impending strikes end of july/August. 

Edited by thetime

Well according to insta that's the line up full. I thought a few extra bands could have been added but as time went on I was not sure and it's been confirmed that's the line up full. 

I had a look and I can't see anything about Justin being confirmed for Europe from his team Screenshot_20220630_204528_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.ee38e4857d600a3dbcb06d2079ea4a37.jpgScreenshot_20220630_204528_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.ee38e4857d600a3dbcb06d2079ea4a37.jpg

8 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Well according to insta that's the line up full. I thought a few extra bands could have been added but as time went on I was not sure and it's been confirmed that's the line up full. 

I had a look and I can't see anything about Justin being confirmed for Europe from his team Screenshot_20220630_204528_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.ee38e4857d600a3dbcb06d2079ea4a37.jpgScreenshot_20220630_204528_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.ee38e4857d600a3dbcb06d2079ea4a37.jpg

Judging by the number of acts falling at Rock Werchter, I hope there's a strong reserve list!

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Judging by the number of acts falling at Rock Werchter, I hope there's a strong reserve list!

Coming sziget, a lot of acts / teams will have already have had covid and have immunity for the rest of the summer hopefully.

20 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Even more have fallen this afternoon. Hopefully Covid will have done the rounds by the start of Sziget. I've had it twice, I really don't fancy a third dose 1,000 miles away from home.

2 hours ago, activean said:

Was litteraly just writing this after even GVF are out. 

It is going to be a lot of "fun" at Sziget too i'm afraid

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Even more have fallen this afternoon. Hopefully Covid will have done the rounds by the start of Sziget. I've had it twice, I really don't fancy a third dose 1,000 miles away from home.

At least its on buds, as long as I get there I don't care who is on now. 🤣

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Isn’t it true that SZiget is still great even with smaller names? Simply because there are so many different stages on SZiget and there is so much to see?

Yes, you don't go to sziget just for the lineup. For me it's about the length of the festival I love, the vibe and all the other stuff. You will always get a decent lineup, why it's always on the last day though. 😃

There are specific festivals that are lineup bases like your mad cools and werchter. 

Edited by thetime
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Yes, you don't go to sziget just for the lineup. For me it's about the length of the festival I love, the vibe and all the other stuff. You will always get a decent lineup, why it's always on the last day though. 😃

There are specific festivals that are lineup bases like your mad cools and werchter. 

I completely agree! I just did my first Primavera which is almost at the other end of the scale where it’s all about the music lineup and Sziget is so different in comparison!

There are so many other things to do and see and cool places to just chill that it doesn’t really matter if it’s your favourite line up ever. I also found that you’re surrounded by so many happy people having a good time, that even an act you didn’t know beforehand or weren’t expecting to enjoy you can end up having the best time at. It’s a special island!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I know that a few people noticed some changes on site - it seems like Masked Wolf has also disappeared from website (I think?)

Whoever is running their website this year has no idea what they're doing. It's been a complete farce.

Tourist was scheduled to play on Monday, then Tuesday, then Thursday, and now apparently it's Monday again. There was also a couple week period where John Talabot was supposedly playing every single day....

It's not an issue for some of the bigger acts, because you can usually just check their own individual websites for the proper dates, but for some of the smaller guys who don't update their website it's just beyond amateur. I know so many people waiting for the day split confirmation so they can grab their day tickets. If the rumours are true and they're struggling with money, you'd think they'd get their shit together.

And on top of that, it seems like @Sziget2022_Leaksgot fired from the marketing department because they're nowhere to be seen 🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

Whoever is running their website this year has no idea what they're doing. It's been a complete farce.

Tourist was scheduled to play on Monday, then Tuesday, then Thursday, and now apparently it's Monday again. There was also a couple week period where John Talabot was supposedly playing every single day....

It's not an issue for some of the bigger acts, because you can usually just check their own individual websites for the proper dates, but for some of the smaller guys who don't update their website it's just beyond amateur. I know so many people waiting for the day split confirmation so they can grab their day tickets. If the rumours are true and they're struggling with money, you'd think they'd get their shit together.

And on top of that, it seems like @Sziget2022_Leaksgot fired from the marketing department because they're nowhere to be seen 🤣

I hadn't heard this rumour. I thought they had significant financial backing from America?

Agreed that they really need to start building some excitement and posting on socials a lot more regularly. We're only 37 days away from the festival beginning FFS!

• Like 2