Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

question…

How is crowd management in SZiget? Is it too busy sometimes ? Or is it okay! I am visting Pinkpop this weekend and I am shocked by the bad crowd management and amount of people. I hope it’s more spread in SZiget.

there is no crowd managment.

it can be really crouded at some shows (ed sheeran and rihanna was a nightmare). i guess this year, JB and DL will be the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

there is no crowd managment.

it can be really crouded at some shows (ed sheeran and rihanna was a nightmare). i guess this year, JB and DL will be the same.

On the mainstage it can be crowded

In a38 etc when its too bussy they close the stage for new visitors 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

question…

How is crowd management in SZiget? Is it too busy sometimes ? Or is it okay! I am visting Pinkpop this weekend and I am shocked by the bad crowd management and amount of people. I hope it’s more spread in SZiget.

Depends what you mean by crowd management, never found an issue at sziget. Gets very crowded come headline time on main stage, especially for your big headliners(sheeren).

But bad crowd control? Not really. Seem to be very organised. 

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Depends what you mean by crowd management, never found an issue at sziget. Gets very crowded come headline time on main stage, especially for your big headliners(sheeren).

But bad crowd control? Not really. Seem to be very organised. 

Maybe I didn’t formulate my question right. Pinkpop is constantly filled with people . There are waiting times for like 30 minutes to just get a drink or food.

Is this also the case at SZiget? Or are there also more quite areas.

40 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Maybe I didn’t formulate my question right. Pinkpop is constantly filled with people . There are waiting times for like 30 minutes to just get a drink or food.

Is this also the case at SZiget? Or are there also more quite areas.

Never waited for a drink at sziget to be honest. 

Professional bar staff - usually very good & quick.

At the main stage there is usually more space on the left as you look at it as most approach from the right and back.

slipping in via the global village area on the left if the way to go.

Edited by amfy
Typo
  • Upvote 1

I mean it of course gets really busy around headliners, but that's about it. Regarding crowd control they do have screens up and are making people use different routes if main stage starts to get full, but rest of the day it's surprisingly relaxed. In terms of bars I agree, never waited very long. I think it has to do with Sziget being more like a "party festival" so the amount of locations to buy a drink is much larger than generally festivals tend to have, I'd say. 

It can get busy going from the tent to the main stage when the acts have finished but that just tends to be the busy nights and if there is anyone decent in the tent. Apart from that it's very well controlled . Going in the first day can be busy over the bridge but that's about it The bars are fine, the only time you wait is when the main act is on but even then it's not to bad. You pay be your wrist band so no waiting on change etc your lucky if you have to wait behind 1 or 2 folk. 

Leaving at night is fine and depends how your going home there is a wait for the boat but nothing huge 

There are plenty bars about. The only thing I would say Is.watch what you eat for the dust. Also get there early the first day to get your wrist band etc as that's the only busy day 

11 hours ago, Davidoff said:

The only thing I would say Is.watch what you eat for the dust. 

That's the only issue with sziget for me, I'm very careful what outlets I choose. Especially when it's been left in 30c-35c temperatures, mainly the spag bol stalls. I usually stick to the fresh covered stalls. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amanzi said:

What's the best way to and from the festival if staying on  

Is the boat an option? Or is it just taxi/walk?

never walk its about 5 miles away. I have never bothered with a Taxi. The Boat takes 30 mins and the train about 15 mins. They both stop at the entry points and there is never much of a wait at Either apart from the first day.  It will depend where on the Island you are staying. If you are at the south and have a city pass I would get the boat its so much more relaxing. The Train is also close enough. If you are nearer the north off the Island I would look into this as you maybe better getting a local bus.  Also it will depend if you have a city pass as the boat costs more. 

Have a look into the buses 

2 hours ago, amfy said:

I wouldn’t think Margot Sziget is as far as 5 miles - nonetheless - train to filatorigat or boat are great options from there. The train runs that far all night! 

From my apartment it is 4.1 miles there and 10 miles back after 12 pints 🙂  Maybe half that distance from the Island 

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

From my apartment it is 4.1 miles there and 10 miles back after 12 pints 🙂  Maybe half that distance from the Island 

Our first year we stayed near Elizabeth Hid and one night the train stopped at Margrit hid & we had to walk the rest of the way. That hurt! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cranjis said:

Do you guys think a move in ticket is worth it? If I don't get one, I'll still be able to get into Sziget very early as I'll already be in Budapest the day before. 

I honestly think that 50€ for a move-in is unreasonably expensive. However if you can afford it it’s worth it. We always get it cause like at other festivals - it gives you a bit of time to get comfy with the site, unpack, get the feel of the place. Arriving at the first day of program always feels a bit rushed for me. You already want to see some acts without time to unpack etc. There’s no time to breathe really. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kkpb8038 said:

Just need a Justin replacement.  I would be happy with stromae headlineing anyway.

On radio 1 the other day he said he was still intending to complete festivals later in the summer. 

I imagine Sziget are working on what they will do if he has to cancel, but they won’t be saying anything while he is still hoping to play.

I've just read that the chain bridge in Budapest is currently closed (actually it closed 12 months ago) for refurbishment.

Unfortunately, our apartment in the city requires us to cross the bridge Buda to Pest after taking the train to Batthyany at the end of each day.

Do any members live in a Budapest and could they advise if there is a ferry service across the river (the article I read alluded to this) and is it likely to run late in the evening? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I've just read that the chain bridge in Budapest is currently closed (actually it closed 12 months ago) for refurbishment.

Unfortunately, our apartment in the city requires us to cross the bridge Buda to Pest after taking the train to Batthyany at the end of each day.

Do any members live in a Budapest and could they advise if there is a ferry service across the river (the article I read alluded to this) and is it likely to run late in the evening? Thanks. 

You'd better get off the train at Margit hid and walk across that bridge or take tram 6, which runs all night. I'm not sure if the ferry service's still available, but last year the last one departed from Buda around 8pm so it wouldn't be an option for you anyway.

Edit: Google Maps is integrated with Budapest's public transport services, so I advice you to plan your journey according to it, it works real-time. And there's also the official app BudapestGo, but I haven't used that.

Edited by CCester

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

https://welovebudapest.com/en/article/2021/6/16/budapest-the-chain-bridge-closes-for-18-months-boats-now-serve-the-two-riverbanks

Boat will take you over or the person above has a good route