Sziget 2022

Matt86

Say what you want Justin is huge and there are not many that will fill it like him. Cant be bothered myself but its a long way off and anyone could pull out with covid cases rising and anything happening 

I thought a few acts would be getting added at this point but the poster looks like it could be full and I am less optimistic that anyone classed as a larger act extra will be added.  It may depend on Ticket sales and what dates are sold out or nearly full.  I am not sure how many extra UK/IRE/US acts  would bring non locals as most folk with have the flights, accommodation all booked so they may look at acts that appeal locally or to this area off Europe.

2 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Say what you want Justin is huge and there are not many that will fill it like him. Cant be bothered myself but its a long way off and anyone could pull out with covid cases rising and anything happening 

I thought a few acts would be getting added at this point but the poster looks like it could be full and I am less optimistic that anyone classed as a larger act extra will be added.  It may depend on Ticket sales and what dates are sold out or nearly full.  I am not sure how many extra UK/IRE/US acts  would bring non locals as most folk with have the flights, accommodation all booked so they may look at acts that appeal locally or to this area off Europe.

Just had a quick check of Budapest easyjet flights to and from Gatwick around the festival dates and they are either sold out or ridiculous amounts - £600 from Budapest to Gatwick on the Tuesday after the festival ends. They'd need to announce a reformed Led Zeppelin to attract me to pay that amount!

EDIT: For context, the same Budapest to Gatwick flight on the following Tuesday is £93

Edited by swelsbyuk

20 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

Billie Eilish could replace JB maybe? 

Her last gig in EU is July 2, then she heads out on a NZ/AU tour in September. I doubt Sziget would pay her enough to play a standalone gig in the middle. Unless she does a mini tour playing all his cancelled slots. 

Bieber has some gigs in the US at the end of this week that haven't been cancelled... Not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Tinsel19

19 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Last week Sziget announced the line up is complete. They will only replace cancellations 

11 hours ago, Tinsel19 said:

Her last gig in EU is July 2, then she heads out on a NZ/AU tour in September. I doubt Sziget would pay her enough to play a standalone gig in the middle. Unless she does a mini tour playing all his cancelled slots. 

Bieber has some gigs in the US at the end of this week that haven't been cancelled... Not sure what to make of that.

He has U.S gigs until end of the month and then seems to have almost all of July off before coming to Europe at the beginning of August. Suspect all his U.S dates will end up being cancelled no matter what.

He stated that he needs rest, so what would be the point in playing a few gigs now when he could take the next six weeks to rest?

I'm not sure where the risk lies with this. Sziget starts eight weeks today. How long do they wait before doing something if Bieber's team can't 100% guarantee his attendance? 

Edited by swelsbyuk

51 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

How long do they wait before doing something if Bieber's team can't 100% guarantee his attendance? 

I am sure its down to bieber side, sziget will have to wait until he cancels. Breaking contracts and all that. 

JB has cancelled 5 shows already and has 6 more in the diary until beginning of July. His diary is free then until 31 July. I suspect he'll cancel the remaining 6 which will give him almost 7 weeks to get himself right ahead of his European mini-leg in August.

I suspect he'll be at Sziget. If not, then the poor bloke will have some real issues to deal with that are far more important than a few missed gigs.

• Upvote 3

To be honest - on the little video he did explaining it, he didn’t look too bad! Hopefully this means a rapid recovery, or him deciding he’s fine to sing out of one side of his mouth!

6 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Where was that 

Sziget Festival NL posted it on Facebook. But they changed it to nearly complete… 

and is it my phone or are the timeslots removed from the website. Before it looked like we were missing a sub for Wednesday and Sunday (no one at 19.00/19.30) 

27 minutes ago, Qishere said:

Sziget Festival NL posted it on Facebook. But they changed it to nearly complete… 

and is it my phone or are the timeslots removed from the website. Before it looked like we were missing a sub for Wednesday and Sunday (no one at 19.00/19.30) 

Yes, all removed. No idea why they were on to begin with as they were almost certainly all wrong.

EDIT: Scrub that, some of the times are still on there. Mainly smaller stages it seems.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Was about to see Rolling Stones only to get cancelled show in the last minute 2 days ago in Amsterdam. New date doesn't work for me. I also have tickets for first 3 days of Sziget and Bieber most likely not coming. Really disappointed. 

16 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Yes, all removed. No idea why they were on to begin with as they were almost certainly all wrong.

EDIT: Scrub that, some of the times are still on there. Mainly smaller stages it seems.

Thanks for this, I did think they may add a few names but as time goes by I am not sure the names will be anything to get excited about but I live in hope. 

So, on the other side of the weekend it'll be 50 days until the start of Sziget 2022. When do we think the the full schedule will be released? Got some days with likely lots of clashes (Wednesday and Monday being the worse) so it would be good to start making planning decisions soon.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, billybigballs said:

JB has cancelled 5 shows already and has 6 more in the diary until beginning of July. His diary is free then until 31 July. I suspect he'll cancel the remaining 6 which will give him almost 7 weeks to get himself right ahead of his European mini-leg in August.

I suspect he'll be at Sziget. If not, then the poor bloke will have some real issues to deal with that are far more important than a few missed gigs.

That's exactly what has just been announced this morning. All U.S gigs postponed: Justin Bieber postpones all US shows following Ramsay Hunt diagnosis | Evening Standard

Wonder what the Sziget office is like this morning!

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

So, on the other side of the weekend it'll be 50 days until the start of Sziget 2022. When do we think the the full schedule will be released? Got some days with likely lots of clashes (Wednesday and Monday being the worse) so it would be good to start making planning decisions soon.

Maybe since the price increases are happening later today we’ll get something about stages/times in the next week or two. And seeing as they recently took down the wrong timings which were on the website, could be a good sign!