Sziget 2022

Matt86

GBP has recovered against HUF so the drink price increase won't be too much for those coming from the UK. 

In 2019 it was £1 to 350 HUF so the 750 HUF beer was approx £2.14. 

If it's 1200 HUF for a beer then compared to today's exchange rate it'll be £2.59.

So whilst Sziget will have increased the price of beer by 60%, compared to the GBP prices it'll only be approx 20% increase. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sziget2022 said:

GBP has recovered against HUF so the drink price increase won't be too much for those coming from the UK. 

In 2019 it was £1 to 350 HUF so the 750 HUF beer was approx £2.14. 

If it's 1200 HUF for a beer then compared to today's exchange rate it'll be £2.59.

So whilst Sziget will have increased the price of beer by 60%, compared to the GBP prices it'll only be approx 20% increase. 

Better than the £6.20 for a can of lager at creamfields I paid last weekend. Also better than a mate paid for a pint at Knebworth for Liam gallagher(£6.70).

9 hours ago, thetime said:

Better than the £6.20 for a can of lager at creamfields I paid last weekend. Also better than a mate paid for a pint at Knebworth for Liam gallagher(£6.70).

paid $10 for a bud light and $9 for a Red Bull last festival. when I heard beers for only 2 euro, I immediately bought the tickets haha

23 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I thought Ronnie Flex and the Fam had dropped out a couple of weeks ago?

Also, where's Cat Burns?

How on earth is Ronnie Flex a bigger name than Kensington? Kensington sold out a huge concert venue in The Netherlands several times and they sold out venues in Poland, Germany , etc. People in Poland don’t even know who Ronnie Flex is. I don’t like both bands but this is just weird

2 hours ago, janqv16 said:

We’re pretty sure the timings on the website are incorrect, right? I can’t recall anything starting at 11am/12pm before. Always good to be resting out of the heat at that time of day 

Yup they are incorrect.

• Like 1

Unfortunately can't make the festival anymore, so if anyones looking for 2 tickets for the Sunday/Monday Tame Impala/Arctics days, I've just listed them on Twickets 🙂 Probably a pipedream to get all my money back so I've set allow offers...

1 hour ago, SpongeNob said:

Justin Bieber has posted a video to his fans on social media about being diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome which has left the one side of his face paralyzed...doesn't look good for Sziget? 

Wow this is really bad. Really hoping to see JB but finding it hard to see him getting better enough within a few months.. 

So if Justin pulls out who would be a good replacement.   I’m guessing he was expensive and there are loads of great bands around at the moment.  I’d love to see something like kraftwork/chemical brothers or Nick cave.   I know muse are touring as well.   What are peoples thoughts.  He’s not directly replaceable by any similar act.

15 minutes ago, kkpb8038 said:

So if Justin pulls out who would be a good replacement.   I’m guessing he was expensive and there are loads of great bands around at the moment.  I’d love to see something like kraftwork/chemical brothers or Nick cave.   I know muse are touring as well.   What are peoples thoughts.  He’s not directly replaceable by any similar act.

Tyler the Creator or Lil Nas X would be great replacements for me (selfishly!). But actually as a full festival ticket holder I’d much rather see the budget split and have a smaller replacement but also a couple of other undercard names for days like Thursday and Sunday. Not sure the day ticket holders for JB day would feel the same though, and probably fair enough

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kkpb8038 said:

Looking at artist around at the time, Halsey, Megan thee stallion, Disclosure, Chemichal brothers or maybe even Glass animals are options.

Nick Cave playing Way Out West so ruled out. 

But it is still two months away, my guess is Bieber will be ok 🙂

According to an article that I've found:

Most people who have Ramsay Hunt make a full recovery, although the duration of the disease can vary, said Dr. Michael Ison, a professor of infectious diseases at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine. “Some people, it takes weeks. Some people, it takes months,” he said. In rare cases, though, facial paralysis or hearing loss can be permanent.

Treatment for Ramsay Hunt typically involves taking anti-viral medication. Some patients may also be prescribed a steroid, Dr. Wald said. Physical therapy is not usually recommended for patients, she said, but would not be harmful.

So anything is possible, Bieber might be able to make it to Sziget or he might not...

Edited by #1SzigetFan

If Bieber can't make it, first of all , " yeay ! 🙂 " , and second, he would be replaced by a Pop act, or Rap if available.. there's already too many rock stuff as headliners (KoL, Arctic Monkeys, and Tame Impala is not that far from Rock..), even if I would gladly have Muse or Slipknot lol

My bet would be on Halsey indeed. Or they could "promote" someone like George Ezra, who's on the PukkelPop line up in August, so available and cheaper.