Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, Bulletje said:

Does anyone know what happend with the tribute stage? Normally sziget does have a stage with tribute bands but cant find this year nothing about it. 

In an interview, they said tributes will happen everyday at 11pm (rolling stones, red hot chilli peppers, ABBA of course lol, etc...)

Sziget is in 2 months now.. ! Might be the time to give everything .. the exact schedule, the missing bands, etc...

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Wow so excited for this!

I was there in the front row, it was fucking amazing! Me and my friend were really bummed out because they litetally cancelled their show a day before the festival but Tame Impala was incredible 🤯

6 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I was there in the front row, it was fucking amazing! Me and my friend were really bummed out because they litetally cancelled their show a day before the festival but Tame Impala was incredible 🤯

I also just got back from Primavera and now more ready than ever for Sziget (well, give me a week or so for my body to recover). Tame Impala are going to be crazy. Can’t wait to be back on the beautiful island. 

Also good shout on the tribute stage. I had a lot of fun late into the night there in 2018

2 hours ago, janqv16 said:

I also just got back from Primavera and now more ready than ever for Sziget (well, give me a week or so for my body to recover). Tame Impala are going to be crazy. Can’t wait to be back on the beautiful island. 

Also good shout on the tribute stage. I had a lot of fun late into the night there in 2018

Yeah me too:) thats why i did asked about it had so much fun at the tribute stage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amanzi said:

I didn't know about the Tribute Stage. That could be a good late night option for me as I'm not a big dance/techno fan.

I'm not a massive dance/techno fan either so attended the tribute stage in 2019 a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The ABBA night was an absolute riot.

I think I have managed the tribute acts once but all my friends loved it.

I may need to try and stay sober this year 🤣

Anywho, when will the last acts, times and final line ups be announced. 

That's the festival season started in the UK and I can still see 3 half decent acts to be added

Volt and balaton sound are from the same organiser. I dont see dance acts to be added to the line up. Maybe they have some (not big names) from the line up of volt to be added to the line up of Sziget. It means we will get the last names at the end of this month maybe first week of July. Hopefully we will have all the information soon 🙂 

I don’t get people complaining about the line up btw. 

I showed the line up to some friends and they were all shocked by how good it is. Imagine putting all these names together in a three day weekend. People would go nuts. In festivals in the Netherlands you pay at least 200 euros. SZiget is doing a good job with this amazing line up. 

42 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I don’t get people complaining about the line up btw. 

I showed the line up to some friends and they were all shocked by how good it is. Imagine putting all these names together in a three day weekend. People would go nuts. In festivals in the Netherlands you pay at least 200 euros. SZiget is doing a good job with this amazing line up. 

Everyone has different tastes in music, therefore, every festival line-up will appeal differently to each person.

I think it's a solid enough line-up. There are acts I wish were on there that aren't (Foals, Glass Animals, Future Islands, NBT) and lots of acts announced that, after giving them a listen, I'm really not into.

There's too much electronica and rap and not enough indie and guitars for me, but others will love it so each to their own.

BUT I guarantee we'll have a good time so that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Everyone has different tastes in music, therefore, every festival line-up will appeal differently to each person.

I think it's a solid enough line-up. There are acts I wish were on there that aren't (Foals, Glass Animals, Future Islands, NBT) and lots of acts announced that, after giving them a listen, I'm really not into.

There's too much electronica and rap and not enough indie and guitars for me, but others will love it so each to their own.

BUT I guarantee we'll have a good time so that's good enough for me.

It’s my first time SZiget so I wonder if the expectations will hype up 

21 hours ago, Amanzi said:

I didn't know about the Tribute Stage. That could be a good late night option for me as I'm not a big dance/techno fan.

There also were rock music parties every night at the past edition, close to the Sziget Eye. Previous editions had rock parties at the Jack Daniel's Experience bar.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

15 hours ago, Qishere said:

Volt and balaton sound are from the same organiser. I dont see dance acts to be added to the line up. Maybe they have some (not big names) from the line up of volt to be added to the line up of Sziget. It means we will get the last names at the end of this month maybe first week of July. Hopefully we will have all the information soon 🙂

I don't think it's a great line up, monkeys and dua lipa were on last time and it's not to my taste but it is what it is. 

I would rather the killer to KOL and someone diffenet to the other 2 but they will be a big pull. 

Justin has pulled a few dates but we are 9 weeks away from him playing so I think he will be fine. 

If not I will not lose any sleep 

Edited by Davidoff

16 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Imagine putting all these names together in a three day weekend. People would go nuts. In festivals in the Netherlands you pay at least 200 euros.

200?! in the US, a lineup like this across 3 days will get you to pay 600-800 the cheapest. that's half the reason I'm coming to Europe to do festivals! 

also, a tame impala concert alone is 300. dua lipa played in boston where her tickets went for 400. I love these Europe prices! haha

1 hour ago, Rickleton said:

oh I wish @Sziget2022_Leakswas still around to give us something. Can we expect something according to new names? anything about the time slots? I miss you 😞 

I suspect the only new names for the main two stages now will be either Hungarian acts most of us will not have heard of or replacement acts for acts dropping due to Covid. Sadly, I think we are done and no more big names.

Beer prices will be 'above a thousand huf' according to the organizer in a Hungarian article. The reason behind that are inflation and new taxes. A newspaper expects that it will be 1200 huf which is about 3 euros.

(Edit: in 2019 it was 2.2 euros, that was 750 huf back then)

Edited by kristofm

19 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I suspect the only new names for the main two stages now will be either Hungarian acts most of us will not have heard of or replacement acts for acts dropping due to Covid. Sadly, I think we are done and no more big names.

As if by magic....

284666428_10161992819978975_2437899625691330459_n.png

53 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Beer prices will be 'above a thousand huf' according to the organizer in a Hungarian article. The reason behind that are inflation and new taxes. A newspaper expects that it will be 1200 huf which is about 3 euros.

(Edit: in 2019 it was 2.2 euros, that was 750 huf back then)

I was expecting around 1000 huf a pint but didn't realise Hungary had such significant inflation recently. Still far cheaper than UK festivals though, which would be more like 3000 huf a pint!