Sziget 2022

Matt86

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Would definitely take Nothing But Thieves but Years and Years played the last edition and were average. They had to give free tickets away to their most recent UK tour as they sold quite poorly.

I agree with you, I would much prefer Glass Animals but if I were to guess what's left to be announced I assume that Glass Animals are too big at this point.

1 minute ago, sziget2022syc said:

I agree with you, I would much prefer Glass Animals but if I were to guess what's left to be announced I assume that Glass Animals are too big at this point.

Agree. A large number of us on this forum want them announcing but I'm with you - its been 12 weeks since the second announcement, I can't see any more decent sized acts being announced now. Sadly. 

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

I actually think that's it for Main Stage and FreeDome. There are only few 4pm Main Stage slots and some late DJ sets left and these can be easily filled with Hungarian acts.

I wonder if they're leaving spaces on, say, the KOL and Tame Impala days to see how they sell. If sales need a boost then add a bigger name and  if not, then add a local act.

I've seen other festivals announce a sudden 'special guest' with a few weeks to go.

Edited by billybigballs

2 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I wonder if they're leaving spaces on, say, the KOL and Tame Impala days to see how they sell. If sales need a boost then add a bigger name and  if not, then add a local act.

Good shout but my guess is they have 99 if not 100% of their lineup known. Just a matter of when they release it. But I could be wrong

Alright guys I'm a little confused if someone can clear this up. Clashfinder and Sziget's website have many differences. It seems super odd that Stromae and Bastille are listed for 18:00 on the website when they're almost certainly subheading on the MainStage, right? There are a lot of other odd times too...  

19 minutes ago, Cranjis said:

Alright guys I'm a little confused if someone can clear this up. Clashfinder and Sziget's website have many differences. It seems super odd that Stromae and Bastille are listed for 18:00 on the website when they're almost certainly subheading on the MainStage, right? There are a lot of other odd times too...  

Clashfinder is guess work.

13 hours ago, billybigballs said:

True. But, in fairness, the timings on the Sziget website is also giving the impression of being total guesswork too!!

Yes I would not trust the sziget website yet either, to many mistakes from them as well. 

2 hours ago, Rickleton said:

What happened to the guarded locker 220V on the festival? You can now only buy it at a campsite update... Do you think it'll be available when we arrive at the island in august? 

It's available as mobile locker, you buy from third party like lockerhouse for the UK festivals. 

Screenshot_20220603-161244_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I can't see them playing that at Sziget. They only played it last night as The Strokes had pulled out of Primavera at the last minute due to Covid.

😂don’t ruin the moment! 

I was talking about his performance in general all the other songs he performed were amazing as well!

His show on SZiget will also be amazing.

One of my favourite Hungarian bands, Ricsárdgír confirmed themselves for Sziget. They are definitely not Main Stage or A38, my guess is the Europe stage or something like that.

I don't know how funny they are for foreign people, but their gigs are fun for sure, bit random sometimes, I can only recommend. 😄 

3 hours ago, kristofm said:

One of my favourite Hungarian bands, Ricsárdgír confirmed themselves for Sziget. They are definitely not Main Stage or A38, my guess is the Europe stage or something like that.

I don't know how funny they are for foreign people, but their gigs are fun for sure, bit random sometimes, I can only recommend. 😄 

In 2016 we caught another Hungarian band, Bohemian Betyars for the first time and although we don’t understand a word it is brilliant being in a Hungarian crowd who are word perfect on their mad drinking tunes. These guys love of their touring musical life is infectious and a joy to behold....they better be there this year! Here they are going from Sziget to Boomtown in the UK.

1 hour ago, Bulletje said:

Does anyone know what happend with the tribute stage? Normally sziget does have a stage with tribute bands but cant find this year nothing about it. 

There was One love stage too that hasn't been confirmed yet, but there is still time. Or maybe Sziget reduced number of stages

2 hours ago, Bulletje said:

Does anyone know what happend with the tribute stage? Normally sziget does have a stage with tribute bands but cant find this year nothing about it. 

Nothing happened with Tribute stage, it will be there... don't worry 🙂