Sziget 2022

Matt86

For my musical tastes, this year's line-up is probably a 6 or 7 out of ten at best.

We bought tickets and flights before the line-up was announced and, if I'm honest, if we hadn't done that then we probably would have given this year a miss.

BUT we have got tickets, we are looking forward to it and have around a dozen acts we want to see so, as long as Hungary's inflation stays under control and the beer stays cheap, we should be in for a good time!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I've said on here before but the line-up this year just feels incredibly top-heavy to me. Massive, expensive headliners (I suspect Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber and Arctic Monkeys will be among the most expensive acts playing at festivals this year) but then quickly leading to lots (and lots) of really quite small, barely known, acts.

That said, when we first came in 2019 we had a list of 24 acts we wanted to see, and this year we have a list of 19 (and the festival's one day shorter) so it hasn't impacted too significantly.

I totally agree with this. 

People don’t realise how expensive these headliners are. 

Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa and Justin Bieber soak a lot of money. And I keep saying that Stromae as a sub headliner is still huge! In festivals in Belgium, France and the Netherlands he is headliner.

Could Rufus Du Sol be on FreeDome stage rather than main stage? It would make more sense as scheduled to start at 2300. I can’t see anywhere confirmed that they’re on main stage? Other than same colour as other subheadliners on lineup poster. 

1 hour ago, JOP123 said:

Could Rufus Du Sol be on FreeDome stage rather than main stage? It would make more sense as scheduled to start at 2300. I can’t see anywhere confirmed that they’re on main stage? Other than same colour as other subheadliners on lineup poster. 

It was confirmed at the press conference two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Anyone know why Palaye Royale have dropped off the website? Were there at the weekend but gone this morning.

Still on the bands website, perhaps another mistake with the one in charge of the website. 

Edited by thetime

25 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I see the state of emergency in Hungary has been declared. Does anyone on here live in Budapest/Hungary and could they outline what, if anything, this might mean for the festival and attendees.

It means nothing, people live their lifes normally and you can enter the country without any restriction. Czechia has also declared state of emergency at the end of February. They declared a state of emergency in order to be able to respond more quickly to challenges created by the war like mass migration or inflation, so the main purpose of it is that the governments can pass laws more quickly and that's about it...

Edited by Newjem
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I know this isn’t related to Sziget. But I just checked the time table of Primavera again. And how can this line up be so huge. Like where did they find all the money and acts? I am so shocked by how good that line up is….

The lineup is great but overlapping is so.... uhmm... terrible!!! I was so mad. Tame Impala and Cigarettes After Sex are playing at the same time and I LOVE both bands, Tyler, the Creator and Beach House are also playing at the same time, Nick Cave is overlapping with Bauhaus (if I remember correctly)... I wanna bite someones arm off! 🙂 I hope it won't be like this at Sziget 

14 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Yves Tumor & Its Band cancelled & replaced with Masked Wolf.

So…. SZiget should really watch their communication.

they post something about Tame Impala. And then they say “see them live at SZiget” talking about both Diana Ross and Tame Impala? 

I don’t believe Diana Ross will be announced. So why SZiget ?

There is definitely no chance of Jay-Z or Diana Ross this late. Wishful thinking would be a number of smaller acts like GAYLE, Two Door Cinema Club, maybe Glass Animals and others to fill in the blanks but I would suggest that whoever hasn't settled with this line up do so asap 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

There is definitely no chance of Jay-Z or Diana Ross this late. Wishful thinking would be a number of smaller acts like GAYLE, Two Door Cinema Club, maybe Glass Animals and others to fill in the blanks but I would suggest that whoever hasn't settled with this line up do so asap 😅

I know . But why would you say in the story that THEY will perform it LIVE at SZiget. I know Diana won’t come but why would you say it. It creates higher expectations for people…..

2 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I know . But why would you say in the story that THEY will perform it LIVE at SZiget. I know Diana won’t come but why would you say it. It creates higher expectations for people…..

They've been doing shit like this since that very early post with the random names on an Instagram post so nothing surprises me

11 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Could be surprise guests? 😂 just a shame though as I had tickets from before and in my opinion line up was better, we were looking forward to stormzy, major lazer and asap and more but at least some remained... I still dont get who the headliner is who "we all voted for" you think that was Justin?

For those who worry: we've been having this "state of national emergency" since the beginning of 2020 when covid has started. Now that one ended, so they wanted to "open" another one. It has no effect on everyday life at all. It's a political "trick" by the government: this way they don't have to discuss anything with the parliament, they can create a law on Monday and put it into practice by Tuesday. It doesn't have anything to do with festivals or events or anything, it's only about the law making process. 

I'm thinking Nothing But Thieves and Years & Years as they're playing Summer Well and Grape festival respectively. Both festivals also have quite a few artists performing at Sziget so it could be possible. The lineup itself isn't too bad but we definitely still need some good smaller acts.

7 minutes ago, sziget2022syc said:

I'm thinking Nothing But Thieves and Years & Years as they're playing Summer Well and Grape festival respectively. Both festivals also have quite a few artists performing at Sziget so it could be possible. The lineup itself isn't too bad but we definitely still need some good smaller acts.

Would definitely take Nothing But Thieves but Years and Years played the last edition and were average. They had to give free tickets away to their most recent UK tour as they sold quite poorly.