Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Yes, you thought correct- well done. However, obviously festivals are much better with them, in fact here in the UK if you aren't on something you are in the massive minority. 

No lecture. You can enjoy festivals or any other event without any judgement, but open your mind to the idea that you CAN have a great time without them, because otherwise you may spend the whole festival frustrated at the lack of opportunity, and then it really would be a worse experience without them.

Having done festivals both ways in my lifetime, I can assure you that both ways work. There’s a lot to be said for just going with your own seratonin production from the music you love, and your own body clock, and the other poster is correct that it’s bullshit that only the minority aren’t on drugs at festivals, many people are just able to enjoy themselves without them & get right into rhythms and dance all night without chemical aid.

I too could never imagine festivals without ‘recreationals’, but now I do and see more, remember it better, & don’t come back destroyed.

(disclaimer - of course alcohol is also a ‘recreational’ so again, no judgement on illicits as such. At Sziget cocktails are cheap & they are nice and light & energising compared to pints and shorts - so maybe that’s an option if you come up short? - who knows?)

38 minutes ago, amfy said:

No lecture. You can enjoy festivals or any other event without any judgement, but open your mind to the idea that you CAN have a great time without them, because otherwise you may spend the whole festival frustrated at the lack of opportunity, and then it really would be a worse experience without them.

Having done festivals both ways in my lifetime, I can assure you that both ways work. There’s a lot to be said for just going with your own seratonin production from the music you love, and your own body clock, and the other poster is correct that it’s bullshit that only the minority aren’t on drugs at festivals, many people are just able to enjoy themselves without them & get right into rhythms and dance all night without chemical aid.

I too could never imagine festivals without ‘recreationals’, but now I do and see more, remember it better, & don’t come back destroyed.

(disclaimer - of course alcohol is also a ‘recreational’ so again, no judgement on illicits as such. At Sziget cocktails are cheap & they are nice and light & energising compared to pints and shorts - so maybe that’s an option if you come up short? - who knows?)

I even had the biggest fun during festivals by only drinking water on one day. As long as you have the right people around you and love the music nothing can stop you from enjoying! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, amfy said:

The thing is, it takes a lot of alcohol to get things out of your control. With 'recreationals', things can get bad quite qiuckly (especially when you buy stuff from people you don't know).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Is it true that recreationals to help you last the night are really hard to find at Sziget? This is my one concern about the festival, as normally i do loads at every festival i go to, to stay awake and obviously enhance the experience.

Im guessing the dance areas will be the best place to ask around and hopefully get sorted? 

Never bought any, but I’ve been approached with offers at Colosseum numerous of times, i imagine they’re easy to find if you’re at a correct location. 
However local police and security themselves are very strict - can’t remember if it was 2018 or 2019, but a bunch of Dutch guys who were dealing got their tents raided and arrested. 

i think amfy said it well - avoid frustration by not expecting to find something. 

• Upvote 1

I've never seen anyone arrested for let's say a gram of weed or whatever. A small portion of that is just paperwork for everyone. But those two Dutch kids thought it was completely legal to sell a bunch of ecstasy, went completely public with that, they printed out a price list and handed it to people as if they were selling apples. That's not something you can do here. They got sentenced for 4 years.

I am a bit older so I have never been approched but I have been to other festivals and been offered. I have not seen or heard off a bit demand for it. Drink is that cheap maybe people just prefer that.

More importantly when are the line ups coming 

15 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Never bought any, but I’ve been approached with offers at Colosseum numerous of times, i imagine they’re easy to find if you’re at a correct location. 
However local police and security themselves are very strict - can’t remember if it was 2018 or 2019, but a bunch of Dutch guys who were dealing got their tents raided and arrested. 

i think amfy said it well - avoid frustration by not expecting to find something. 

I never used it and will never use it. It’s horrible and the long term effects aren’t good. 

but anyway let’s focus on the line up.

17 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

What do you think of it ?

I did expect a lot more (I had mentioned Don Diablo, Heldens, etc.) but to be fair there are a some pretty good names (albeit carried over from 2020) like Volac, ATLiens, Alison Wonderland, Phlegmatic Dogs etc. I'll have to look into the less familiar ones tho.

Edited by iamdebrii
typo

33 minutes ago, activean said:

So looking at existing Clashfinder, Dirtyphonics are listed as A38 arena artist (freedome), so that opens one spot, but still not many things TBA

Edit: Day by day arena lineup here: https://szigetfestival.com/en/arena

Same applies for Ofenbach as they're listed as Mainstage so that opens up another spot.

28 minutes ago, activean said:

Found this by mistake, not sure if it was mentioned here before: If you go Sziget webpage and choose (only) French or Netherlands language, under programme you can see confirmed artist for all other smaller stages (Music box, Lightstage, Theater Global Village...)

https://szigetfestival.com/nl/bijzondere-stages-op-sziget

That is on the english version aswel, they are having a nightmare on the website this year.

51 minutes ago, activean said:

Found this by mistake, not sure if it was mentioned here before: If you go Sziget webpage and choose (only) French or Netherlands language, under programme you can see confirmed artist for all other smaller stages (Music box, Lightstage, Theater Global Village...)

https://szigetfestival.com/nl/bijzondere-stages-op-sziget

That have been on the website since the pressconference they had a couple of weeks ago. Don’t think it is a mistake.

If i see the line up i think they had serious financial issues after Covid. Its not bad, but the years before covid the line up was better. Also maybe the reason why they only have 6 days now. 

but sziget is sziget (there is nothing like it), so we will all have a very good time 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Qishere said:

That have been on the website since the pressconference they had a couple of weeks ago. Don’t think it is a mistake.

If i see the line up i think they had serious financial issues after Covid. Its not bad, but the years before covid the line up was better. Also maybe the reason why they only have 6 days now. 

but sziget is sziget (there is nothing like it), so we will all have a very good time 🙂 

I've said on here before but the line-up this year just feels incredibly top-heavy to me. Massive, expensive headliners (I suspect Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber and Arctic Monkeys will be among the most expensive acts playing at festivals this year) but then quickly leading to lots (and lots) of really quite small, barely known, acts.

That said, when we first came in 2019 we had a list of 24 acts we wanted to see, and this year we have a list of 19 (and the festival's one day shorter) so it hasn't impacted too significantly.

• Like 1