Sziget 2022

Matt86

6 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

It’s interesting to see that Rufus du Sol time says 23:00 . That would really mean that they are not on the main or that they are playing after Dua Lipa.

The subheadliners are those in light blue / purple on the poster, so yeah, we should expect one more subheadliner. The other days all have 1.

48 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

The subheadliners are those in light blue / purple on the poster, so yeah, we should expect one more subheadliner. The other days all have 1.

Rufus Du Sol were confirmed for Main Stage though so I think we'll get nothing...

1 hour ago, Qishere said:

In the past the mainstage started at 16.00 and ended at 23.00. Now we see 15.00 and 23.00. Another error on the website? 

I think we have to wait till sunday 

I also think the start times are not correct however Rufus Du Sol is in my opinion correct. It’s just weird to have a dance act before Dua Lipa (at least that’s what my gut says here). Kinda hoping we get Halsey before Dua but I guess that won’t happen. 

14 hours ago, CauliflowerEar said:

I signed up to this forum as im Sziget bound this year! 

Can anyone reassure me that as a big dance music head, there will be enough for me? I hate pop and cheese music for which there seems to be plenty at Sziget, but im hoping on top of the few dance artists they have announced, there is enough to keep me busy all day and all night? 

I have been to Balaton Sound before it all turned into cheesy EDM, is Sziget a similar sort of festival, just with more commercial bands? 

Balaton is electronic music festival while Sziget is multi genre and cultural festival that goes from rock to electronic and everything in between. Check out lineup and decide if it is enough for you but just going there for one thing is not what Sziget is all about. Clashfinder may help you out to get a glimpse of what to expect (lineup order is not fully correct and confirmed). 

My suggestion to you would be to go to a festival like this open minded for various music genres, personaly i'm coming more from a guitar word but i'm very much looking forward to see Sigrid, Apache, Stromae, ... + there is so much other stuff to do on the island. 

3 hours ago, Qishere said:

In the past the mainstage started at 16.00 and ended at 23.00. Now we see 15.00 and 23.00. Another error on the website? 

I think we have to wait till sunday 

In 2018 Zhu played secret set on the Main right after headliner IIRC, so it's not impossible.

Seems like those times aren't correct for every act so far. Channel Tres playing at 11:00 am? 

Big bummer for me would be Jungle in the afternoon on the main stage. Phew, they definitely should be in the A38 somewhen after Biebs. 

3 hours ago, Newjem said:

I don't know why you all reacting when the set times are CLEARLY WRONG! When they say "Hey! Check out our set times", then react 😐

Totally agree! So far I only think the MainStage names have the right times there. Simply because they might need more time to change the stage for certain acts ( I am thinking about a Dua Lipa or Bieber) . 

But we will see and have to wait 🙂

7 hours ago, Matt86 said:

also, Alan Walker at 18:00 ...? seriously ..?

I saw Alan Walker at a festival a couple weekends ago and we was the sunset set, but 18:00 does seem still a bit early. Also side note: Alan Walker is one of the best DJs I've ever seen, definitely try to see him at Sziget. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

So line-up for Q-Dance includes Ran-D, Frequencerz & Subzero Project - all of whom confirmed on social media

Yes the line up for the q dance takeover so far! I don't know how many more to suspect but i think it will be a nightparty in te party arena so maybe 1 or 2 djs more. 

On 5/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, activean said:

Balaton is electronic music festival while Sziget is multi genre and cultural festival that goes from rock to electronic and everything in between. Check out lineup and decide if it is enough for you but just going there for one thing is not what Sziget is all about. Clashfinder may help you out to get a glimpse of what to expect (lineup order is not fully correct and confirmed). 

My suggestion to you would be to go to a festival like this open minded for various music genres, personaly i'm coming more from a guitar word but i'm very much looking forward to see Sigrid, Apache, Stromae, ... + there is so much other stuff to do on the island. 

Thanks for the response, although i have been going to festivals for 20 years, so am more than aware Sziget will be 'multi genre' (and that Balaton was purely electronic) and i wont be coming with an open mind, as i know what i like by now. 

Im only going to Sziget as ill be in Budapest at the same time, but will there be enough dance music to satisfy me at the festival? As in, will there be 2 or 3 dance music stages pumping all day and all night? 

*** Edit, i do like a bit of reggae, ska etc, but i doubt Sziget will have much of that, right? 

Edited by CauliflowerEar

11 minutes ago, CauliflowerEar said:

Thanks for the response, although i have been going to festivals for 20 years, so am more than aware Sziget will be 'multi genre' (and that Balaton was purely electronic) and i wont be coming with an open mind, as i know what i like by now. 

Im only going to Sziget as ill be in Budapest at the same time, but will there be enough dance music to satisfy me at the festival? As in, will there be 2 or 3 dance music stages pumping all day and all night? 

*** Edit, i do like a bit of reggae, ska etc, but i doubt Sziget will have much of that, right? 

there is one techno stage going all day and night.

dance arena at night, and every bar (and there are a lot of them) becomes a party with different kind of music.

you can find artists like rudimental or infected mushroom ob the regular stages during the day so i dont think you'll miss partying at all at the festival

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dolevshelly said:

there is one techno stage going all day and night.

dance arena at night, and every bar (and there are a lot of them) becomes a party with different kind of music.

you can find artists like rudimental or infected mushroom ob the regular stages during the day so i dont think you'll miss partying at all at the festival

Thanks mate!

Does the festival go until 6 or 7am kind of thing, like Balaton? 

On 5/19/2022 at 1:15 PM, Newjem said:

I don't know why you all reacting when the set times are CLEARLY WRONG! When they say "Hey! Check out our set times", then react 😐

I've contacted the Dutch Sziget Facebook page. They told me that the times on the website are all correct. So what is going on here? 😵

12 minutes ago, Rickleton said:

I've contacted the Dutch Sziget Facebook page. They told me that the times on the website are all correct. So what is going on here? 😵

That would be impossible right?

lets look to the set times for the Saturday:

Calvin Harris - 21:30 . Okay could be very true!

Lewis Capaldi - 19:00. Also very possible.

Alan Walker - 18:00 very early in my opinion. Isn’t this just the time from when the Party Arena performances are going to start?

Beabadoobee- 14:00

Bad Gyal- 14:00

Sevdaliza - 15:00

Kolsch - 13:00 HAHAHAH Impossible!! 

So my opinion : the main stage times are correct . Which means that Rufus Du Sol will play after Dua Lipa. The other times are not correct for all stages.

13 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

That would be impossible right?

lets look to the set times for the Saturday:

Calvin Harris - 21:30 . Okay could be very true!

Lewis Capaldi - 19:00. Also very possible.

Alan Walker - 18:00 very early in my opinion. Isn’t this just the time from when the Party Arena performances are going to start?

Beabadoobee- 14:00

Bad Gyal- 14:00

Sevdaliza - 15:00

Kolsch - 13:00 HAHAHAH Impossible!! 

So my opinion : the main stage times are correct . Which means that Rufus Du Sol will play after Dua Lipa. The other times are not correct for all stages.

Kolsch does seem unlikely at that time but they could, perhaps, have two gigs on that day? Also, perhaps Sziget is trying to encourage more people to attend earlier in the day? All that said, I suspect it should say 23:00, not 13:00.

Has Alan Walker been announced at playing Party Arena? Could he not, perhaps, be playing A38 at 18:00?

• Like 1