Sziget 2022

Matt86

38 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Jade Bird cancelled - replaced with Palaye Royale

Not exactly like-for-like! Lol.

She's cancelled due to 'unforeseen commitments' - pretty sure that's impossible. Think they must mean 'unforeseen circumstances'.

Second Brit act to drop out after Little Simz. Hope this doesn't become a habit.....

No mention of reggae stage or classical music stage,  guessing one is replaced by dropyard stage?

not alot of surprises in this announcement,  look forward to seeing the full programme and the new map.

The A38 will always be the A38 to me.  not sure i like the new name of the venue.

great to see limbo are back at the magic mirror:)

1 hour ago, Visitor said:

I see a lot of names mentioned that aren't on the website yet. When will they update the website? Or does someone have the overview? Translating the article seems difficult for my phone..

I've read it, the key points have all been translated in a post here, so don't worry about the translating. Other than that it's only the new Hungarian names that could be interesting to anyone. 

Meskerem Mees, Minyo Crusaders are more interesting to me than some of the headliners for instance. And all in all I think it might be 50 new names, only the context is largely missing because I'm lost in translation. I see Amsterdam Klezmer Band being namedropped for instance, but will they also perform?

4 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I've read it, the key points have all been translated in a post here, so don't worry about the translating. Other than that it's only the new Hungarian names that could be interesting to anyone. 

2 hours ago, kkpb8038 said:

The A38 will always be the A38 to me.  not sure i like the new name of the venue.

So what is the new name of the venue? (huge tent behind main stage). Can't figure it out from article, not sure how good is my translation. 

1 hour ago, Visitor said:

I see a lot of names mentioned that aren't on the website yet. When will they update the website? Or does someone have the overview? Translating the article seems difficult for my phone..

One of the things not mentioned here  is that they are hinting tickets are selling well ""On the other hand, the advance ticket sales data are also encouraging, and even show that we can expect more full house days this year" and they redesigned the internal traffic

7 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I don’t get why SZiget is not announcing the names to the whole audience. 

I suspect they will be doing so with regular updates over the coming weeks. They had to give new info to the media at the press conference, in doing so they'll give them a few days to release the info to their readers first and then Sziget will confirm. 

13 weeks to go, suspect we'll get something this week and then every week or two after that.

1 hour ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I have the same problem here!

What you need to do is add what you want to buy in shopping cart and go to the check out, and on the second step they will ask you to make a festival account if you don't have one. If you do have festival account you can log in there then and there will be an option at the bottom where you can choose how much money you wanna take from your balance. 

It should work like that idk if it's gonna be the same for you but I tried add different thing to the basket and it works 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

What you need to do is add what you want to buy in shopping cart and go to the check out, and on the second step they will ask you to make a festival account if you don't have one. If you do have festival account you can log in there then and there will be an option at the bottom where you can choose how much money you wanna take from your balance. 

It should work like that idk if it's gonna be the same for you but I tried add different thing to the basket and it works 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately it still doesn’t work when I do that. 

Hello all, I've seen talk about people booking lockers  is this needed? Never had to at festivals in the past, do I need to order one even though I've upgraded to chill camping, ta In advance

12 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

Hello all, I've seen talk about people booking lockers  is this needed? Never had to at festivals in the past, do I need to order one even though I've upgraded to chill camping, ta In advance

Depends if you intend to put anything in the lockers, they are good for leaving your passport and important stuff. Also you can charge your phone/camera in them. I always take a decent camera with me, so its good to put in there once the evening sets in.

21 minutes ago, thetime said:

Depends if you intend to put anything in the lockers, they are good for leaving your passport and important stuff. Also you can charge your phone/camera in them. I always take a decent camera with me, so its good to put in there once the evening sets in.

Cheers for that, I didnt realise they had sockets in them, that sold it fir the wife