Sziget 2022

Matt86

17 hours ago, activean said:

Price increase on the 3rd of May! 

I guess new names soon after

Yeah, I reckon we'll get something in the next 7 days. Hopefully, the final names for the main stages. There'll only be a dozen weeks or so to go at that point, so I'd hope we'd start getting announcements thick and fast after that.

4 hours ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Sub Zero Project confirmed themselves for Sziget. 

No idea who they are. Googled them and definitely not someone I'll be seeking out. Does make me feel we are very close to another announcement though.

25 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

No idea who they are. Googled them and definitely not someone I'll be seeking out. Does make me feel we are very close to another announcement though.

It’s also not my kind of music. I saw it by accident while looking through all the Instagram posts with an official SZiget tag. 

Isn’t it likely to have new names tomorrow before the price increases? Prince increase is tomorrow 16:00. 

There will be no more big name far less headliners. 

We will maybe see a few names for the tent or sub but I still think we may get 3 to 4 nanes that are known but nothing huge. 

I would love to see a few like Liam, wolf Alice, Kasabian  but they are all sub levels 

We only have a few weeks at most to wait in my view. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Where did they hint at Jay Z?

Some of my friends mentioned it. Referring to SZiget saying “ I have got 99 Problems” .

I said to my friends Jay Z will no way be announced as all big artists are announced. But after the A$AP Rocky hint and now this sentence it’s not that smart of SZiget in my opinion. Lot of people get too big expectations. 

8 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Some of my friends mentioned it. Referring to SZiget saying “ I have got 99 Problems” .

I said to my friends Jay Z will no way be announced as all big artists are announced. But after the A$AP Rocky hint and now this sentence it’s not that smart of SZiget in my opinion. Lot of people get too big expectations. 

I've got the same feeling, really dumb choices. 

although 99 problem may be referring to Anne marrie's "2002" (I think) which is already in the line up. either way using that specific line is really dumb of them 

Edited by rgvili

1 hour ago, rgvili said:

I've got the same feeling, really dumb choices. 

although 99 problem may be referring to Anne marrie's "2002" (I think) which is already in the line up. either way using that specific line is really dumb of them 

Yes you get what I mean😊

The same happened with A$Ap rocky hint. All the Instagram comments ….people think he is coming now.

I am very very happy with the SZiget line-up of this year but in my opinion they hyping it up sometimes. 

1 hour ago, dolevshelly said:

judging by the camp tickets, i guess the sales going really good this year.

it scars me, because when i look at the island map, there are a lot of stages missing. you think they gave up on some of them or they'll pop up later on?

I think they've tried to scale back and make savings this year and push the ticket prices up to try to recover some losses from the past couple of years.

I may be wrong of course but I can't believe the 2022 line-up has cost anywhere near as much as 2019.

9 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think they've tried to scale back and make savings this year and push the ticket prices up to try to recover some losses from the past couple of years.

I may be wrong of course but I can't believe the 2022 line-up has cost anywhere near as much as 2019.

I am sure it's of a similar budget, maybe a bit less due to there being one less day. 

Looking at 2019, the only stand out money wise would be Ed sheeran. He was probably cheaper than this country, plus on a tour. 

There looks a lot of like for like, arctic monkeys for foo fighters. Less guitar music supporting the headliners, who were quite old so would be cheap. 

I feel like this lineup is weaker (not weak) than 2018 or 2019 and i'm not the only one. Specialy undercards is missing some live bands. They'll push more for electronic music i guess, it's cheaper and popular. And at this point i don't expect more strong names to be added anymore. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thetime said:

I am sure it's of a similar budget, maybe a bit less due to there being one less day. 

Looking at 2019, the only stand out money wise would be Ed sheeran. He was probably cheaper than this country, plus on a tour. 

There looks a lot of like for like, arctic monkeys for foo fighters. Less guitar music supporting the headliners, who were quite old so would be cheap. 

Maybe it's because I know so few acts on the undercard that I just assume they're cheaper than 2019's acts!