Sziget 2022

Matt86

4 hours ago, sandorbeni said:

Does anyone know the reason why they haven't update the app with this year's lineup yet?

Funnily enough, I deleted my app at the weekend as it was showing the old line-up. When I went to Google Play Store to reinstall it it wasn't there. So, either they've abandoned the app or they have to pay to have it in the store and they've decided to only put it in there just before the festival for a few weeks.

On 4/19/2022 at 4:22 PM, swelsbyuk said:

I'd happily take Hot Chip - a reasonable size name too if the rumours is true.

Would still like a couple of decent indie bands added to the line-up but that's looking unlikely at this point.

Would be really happy to get Hot Chip. I've kind of written off getting anyone else I like added to the line-up so they would be very welcome.

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:09 PM, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Lowlands, Pukkelpop and SZiget were on the site of Hot Chip. Now they are deleted.

It is not a 100% confirm but an act to keep an eye on ofcourse. I believe they are also coming. Why would they put it otherwise in their tour schedule?

Jungle's tour dates were accidentally uploaded onto Hot Chip's site, they share management. Sorry!

Let’s not forget that Labrinth still needs to be announced for SZiget ( I think) . His sound was used for one of Sziget’s videos .  We also mentioned Offenbach they were announced in the last wave.

So I still expect one wave of names ( MainStage / Bacardi / A38 ) with Labrinth in it. I expect no more sub headliners I think they are all announced. 

Come on SZiget share those last names…and share the line ups for the other stages! Colosseum line up….MainStage names and sub headliners are already amazing !!

Sziget just posted a video with one of Rocky's songs and a lyrics from that song as caption. He was supposed to perform last year but this year he was announced to Budapest for a show in June with RHCP but he's not there anymore.

Can Rocky be the last subheadliner? Or we have every subheadliner position filled? I think he's too big for A38 but I can imagine him before the subheadliner as well. 

I would be so happy for him, this year's lineup is not too strong hiphop-wise, this would be a nice addition.

3 hours ago, larryfish said:

Sziget just posted a video with one of Rocky's songs and a lyrics from that song as caption. He was supposed to perform last year but this year he was announced to Budapest for a show in June with RHCP but he's not there anymore.

Can Rocky be the last subheadliner? Or we have every subheadliner position filled? I think he's too big for A38 but I can imagine him before the subheadliner as well. 

I would be so happy for him, this year's lineup is not too strong hiphop-wise, this would be a nice addition.

Hes definitely a sub-headliner. No way is he 3rd down or A38. If anything he may want the co-head billing

I don't believe a second that he's coming. First of all we already have the 6 subheadliners, and then he just got arrested for a shooting affair. Even if now he's free ( he paid the 500.000€), a trial still have to happen. Do you believe a festival would book him after that ...? I don't think so.

I really don't think they would use a song of a very hyped artist plus use the lyrics for the bio If they're not about to announce him. if they did someone is definitely getting fired. 

an explanation could be that one of the three artists that are featured in the song are coming (mark ronson, Miguel and rod Stewart) but I don't really know them to say what's their status 

1 hour ago, rgvili said:

I really don't think they would use a song of a very hyped artist plus use the lyrics for the bio If they're not about to announce him. if they did someone is definitely getting fired. 

an explanation could be that one of the three artists that are featured in the song are coming (mark ronson, Miguel and rod Stewart) but I don't really know them to say what's their status 

I was going to suggest the same thing. If any of those acts are about to get announced, I suspect it'll be Mark Ronson. He was announced for 2020 too, like Rocky, but suspect he'll be happy headlining A38 unlike ASAP.

23 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I don't believe a second that he's coming. First of all we already have the 6 subheadliners, and then he just got arrested for a shooting affair. Even if now he's free ( he paid the 500.000€), a trial still have to happen. Do you believe a festival would book him after that ...? I don't think so.

He's doing tons of other festivals (none hes bailed on yet) and could have already been booked before that happened. Don't see it happening but thats not what rules him out

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

He's doing tons of other festivals (none hes bailed on yet) and could have already been booked before that happened. Don't see it happening but thats not what rules him out

Does anyone know why he isn't supporting RHCP anymore?

On 4/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, larryfish said:

Probably they retained the rights on lyrics use on commercials - it may happen