Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Does the 7 day pass cover the boat to the island? 

Yes it does. It is slower as mentioned above, but for me, it’s the best way to come into the festival. The trip up the river is just spectacularly beautiful.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnBiloTitled said:

I recently discovered Wet Leg and what i can see they are nearby and available during Sziget. It would definitly be a nice add to the lineup. Fantastic debut album out yesterday. Just an amazing band. Crossing my fingers.

Me too, because I predict that at Glastonbury they’ll play The John Peel Tent & you won’t be able to get anywhere near it!

2 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

I recently discovered Wet Leg and what i can see they are nearby and available during Sziget. It would definitly be a nice add to the lineup. Fantastic debut album out yesterday. Just an amazing band. Crossing my fingers.

Lots of good, smaller indie-type acts around at the time (I've already mentioned Sports Team and Yard Act earlier this week). You can definitely add Wet Leg to that list. However, much of what's been announced so far seems to be rap, electronica, dance or rock. Indie seems to missing somewhat.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

That price for a locker is disgraceful. Obviously they are trying to push the upgraded camp sites more every year.

I wonder if they're gonna add the option for the regular lockers for the basic campings like in 2019 (the 30€ ones).. 

60€ are way too overpriced

6 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

fun fact : Dave Grohl (from the Foo Fighters) is a big fan of their single  " chaise longue ", and really is looking forward to see them live

Hey everyone! I'm going to Sziget this year for the first time, I'm really excited for this and for visiting Budapest as well! If we want to explore the city (we will be staying at the camping of the festival), can we do it during the days of the festival, like in the mornings, or do you recommend spending a few more days before or after the festival just to see the city?

We're going the full 6 days btw. I don't really know how easy it is to get from the fest site to the city center, or how often do people leave the site (some festivals are dead before the music acts begin, others have tons of cool stuff to do always - which type is sziget?), so it'd be nice to get some insight about this.

The tickets for the festival and the flights already are expensive af so if we didn't have to spend more nights than necessary our wallets would really be thankful hahaha, but if that's not something that you recommend to do then we will spend more time there of course, it's not every day we have the opportunity to visit a beautiful city like Budapest! Thank you in advance 🙂

On 4/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Lots of good, smaller indie-type acts around at the time (I've already mentioned Sports Team and Yard Act earlier this week). You can definitely add Wet Leg to that list. However, much of what's been announced so far seems to be rap, electronica, dance or rock. Indie seems to missing somewhat.

I would definitley welcome all three of them!

On 4/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Matt86 said:

fun fact : Dave Grohl (from the Foo Fighters) is a big fan of their single  " chaise longue ", and really is looking forward to see them live

Well, i'm not surprised! Dave have a good ear for fantastic music!

Edited by UnBiloTitled

1 hour ago, weirdfishes said:

Hey everyone! I'm going to Sziget this year for the first time, I'm really excited for this and for visiting Budapest as well! If we want to explore the city (we will be staying at the camping of the festival), can we do it during the days of the festival, like in the mornings, or do you recommend spending a few more days before or after the festival just to see the city?

We're going the full 6 days btw. I don't really know how easy it is to get from the fest site to the city center, or how often do people leave the site (some festivals are dead before the music acts begin, others have tons of cool stuff to do always - which type is sziget?), so it'd be nice to get some insight about this.

The tickets for the festival and the flights already are expensive af so if we didn't have to spend more nights than necessary our wallets would really be thankful hahaha, but if that's not something that you recommend to do then we will spend more time there of course, it's not every day we have the opportunity to visit a beautiful city like Budapest! Thank you in advance 🙂

Sziget is a Glastonbury like festival with loads going on.

However, it is easy to get into the city and you really should because it’s fabulous. Get a boat down the river. You can also nip in on the train but for tourism the boat is better.

The next island down has a fantastic modern spa with loads of different pools, set in landscaped gardens. It’s a great place to spend a day on holiday. There are also older spas with spectacular architecture. It’s good to go up to the Liberty statue because the views of the city from up there are amazing.

Both times we have been before, and this time, we have gone for a couple of days either side, but the main acts start quite late in the day (about 4pm) so it is fairly easy to pick a day or two out of the festival for daytripping.

• Like 1

So... festival ticket's price has increased, every single utility has seen an increase in price, it is likely to expect food and drink prices to be higher as well... for one day less of festival? Without any decent improvement in term of lineup...?

Oh boi, I understand the inflation going up, but this is a 20something% increase in full experience cost against a 5.something% inflation.

Sziget, what have you become?

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

So... festival ticket's price has increased, every single utility has seen an increase in price, it is likely to expect food and drink prices to be higher as well... for one day less of festival? Without any decent improvement in term of lineup...?

Oh boi, I understand the inflation going up, but this is a 20something% increase in full experience cost against a 5.something% inflation.

Sziget, what have you become?

The way it is with festivals, punters will pay. For example reading festival in 2019 was £205 and this year its £265.   

11 minutes ago, sziget2022syc said:

Is there still a chance for glass animals to perform? I also saw that Louis tomlinson will be performing in belgium on the 14th of august. Perhaps he will be at sziget as well?

I think we should look for "lower" names now ^^ which doesn't mean they're not gonna be good !

My expectations/hopes : KSHMR, Purple Disco Machine, Zedd, Gayle, cleopatrick, Poppy, Infected Mushroom... just 1 or 2 of these would make me very happy 🙂

56 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I think we should look for "lower" names now ^^ which doesn't mean they're not gonna be good !

My expectations/hopes : KSHMR, Purple Disco Machine, Zedd, Gayle, cleopatrick, Poppy, Infected Mushroom... just 1 or 2 of these would make me very happy 🙂

I would love anyone KSHMR, Zedd, Don Diablo, Morten, Julian Jordan, Mike Williams or DJ snake (albeit unlikely) on the EDM side - it seems like there are very little Party Arena names aside from Steve Aoki, NGHTMRE, Alan Walker and Ofenbach.