Sziget 2022

Matt86

37 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Was it a good announcement? I literally didn't know one name but it's not a genre of music I follow.

It was okay, I am not huge fan of techno and electronic music but I do know some bigger names. What I know from new balaton sound announcmet is, Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, Paul Kalkbrenner, Sven Vath, Meduza and one guy I was hoping to see at Sziget.... Fisher 😩 he's so fun and crazy and I like his music, but I guess not this year

Will be disappointed if we don't get anything prior to Easter. Got loads more to announce, it would make sense to give us these on a regular basis from here on in.

It's 18 weeks until the festival begins and it's been six weeks since the last announcement, so I'd say we were due one pretty soon.

40 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Will be disappointed if we don't get anything prior to Easter. Got loads more to announce, it would make sense to give us these on a regular basis from here on in.

It's 18 weeks until the festival begins and it's been six weeks since the last announcement, so I'd say we were due one pretty soon.

I'd say it's a certainty that we will get something in April, just not sure when in April.

I'm going for April 21st and hoping it's earlier!

40 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I completely agree, they still need to announce names for Europe stage, Colosseum, Urban stage, more names for Party arena, Elrow, Mastercard and even Main Stage 🙃 not to mention names for all other smaller stages and events

Hi every one, new to this festival and never been to one abroad but wanted to do this for my 50th last year so having to do it a year later instead, me and my wife are flying over on the Monday and flying back on the Wednesday after it finishes, are the Budapest passes worth the money for a good few hours of exploring before it all starts, we are camping from day one by the way, what's the score with transfers from the airport? Is it cashless as I've heard about top up wristbands?  Is the boat cruise party thing any good, what's the beer buying situation in the campsite and any other bits of golden info you can give, bare in mind we are not scared of it going on late despite our ages and are festival veterans of various ones in the uk

Edited by craigyb31
Rubbish english
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

Hi every one, new to this festival and never been to one abroad but wanted to do this for my 50th last year so having to do it a year later instead, me and my wife are flying over on the Monday and flying back on the Wednesday after it finishes, are the Budapest passes worth the money for a good few hours of exploring before it all starts, we are camping from day one by the way, what's the score with transfers from the airport? Is it cashless as I've heard about top up wristbands?  Is the boat cruise party thing any good, what's the beer buying situation in the campsite and any other bits of golden info you can give, bare in mind we are not scared of it going on late despite our ages and are festival veterans of various ones in the uk

Hi mate. As a gent of similar age I thought I'd show you the courtesy of a reply. Not sure I have a response to the majority of your questions though, so hopefully someone else will jump in on those.

My wife and two kids (8 and 14 at the time) attended the last Sziget in 2019. It was our first overseas festival and we were blown away by it. Incredibly friendly, loads of different nationalities getting on together. Didn't see one bit of trouble and the ratio of pissed up youngsters was far, far less than your average Brit festival. Beer was cheap, however, food was not.

We stayed in an apartment in Budapest and are doing the same in 2022. Travelling in and out each day so I can't really comment on anything camping related, although the tents were pitched anywhere and everywhere which was hilarious. I hope someone comes in about the Budapest pass as we are hoping to buy those this year too.

The cashless system worked perfectly. However, word of warning - top up using credit card only, not cash. If you have a remaining balance at the end of the festival (and you've topped it up using credit card) you'll get a refund in a couple of weeks. However, if you've used cash you need to queue up at a kiosk at the end of the festival to get your money back or lose it all.

You certainly won't be the youngest people there but you also won't be the oldest. It has a great vibe and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I guess you only booked to see Bieber, but you should check out some other acts while there 😉

Edited by swelsbyuk
Missed word
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

Our group are 20s,40s and 50s. I would say that its very mixed and you dont feel out off place.  Same as the person above there are lots of air B&B's and hotels as its a massive city and I would recommend getting air con and on the tram line 2/4/5 . I have also got the Pass and its the best thing you can get however if your camping I am not sure and depends how many times or how you are getting to and from the airport. You get checked on public transport and the pass also gives you a voucher for the baths thats a must if you are not that hung over.  The pass was a wrist band that done you and allows you to get the boat and the trams. If your not camping you will need it and it works out about 8 quid a day and 20 for the baths about UK prices to be fair and its a decent transport system.  I was stopped about 4 times on the tram for checks and you just flash the wrist band. There is also week tickets you can buy but if you plan to do a baths and I would get the pass. I am not sure the week ticket covers the boat.  It also allows you to and from the Airport but I come in about 2am so its a taxi to my apartment but you can get the tram to the airport.  There are buses straight from the airport to the festival but I have never used them. 

Payments are by wrist band that you can top up via an app or there are machines on site  you can do with cash or a card. It really is so easy and apart from the first day its not that hard or busy. If your camping this will be easier. There is a big LIdl/Aldi tent thing on site but I have never camped or stayed so dont know. to be fair so good luck 

The camping just looks a free for all 

They will announce transport closer to the time but it looked easy enough

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @swelsbyukand @Davidoff thats great, planning on a little bit of site seeing on the off days and erm Beiber? Even my kids are laughing he's there and they were into him when he first came out, quite possibly ve elsewhere that night but the wife may decide different who knows, tend to just go with whatever we fancy at the time.

We've a pre erected tent booked  and Early camping pass so will be set up Monday afternoon for a wonder around the site.

How many more acts can we expect to be announced?

16 minutes ago, activean said:

& when is a million dollar question 😬Usually @Sziget2022_Leaks pops out before announcement and give as some clues

Yeah I've been following this forum since last year. Like the look of what we have so far though Bieber may or may not be seen but doubt KOL will be on our list

3 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

You certainly won't be the youngest people there but you also won't be the oldest. It has a great vibe and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I guess you only booked to see Bieber, but you should check out some other acts while there 😉

Where did you get Bieber from! He's doing the full week haha

@craigyb31 - beer is about £2 a pint, its like Glastonbury so theres no arena. Its quite easy to smuggle it in in backpacks or whatever they hardly check (we were 18 at the time, i'm sure for older people theres even less checks than the few we had) - theres a big supermarket about a 15 minute walk from the entrance. You can't take any alcohol at all in by the way. Food is pretty expensive for some reason about £8 for most meals inside the festival - the Auchan supermarket has a cafe and its about £3 a meal and is delicious!

I wouldn't bother with a boat party, theres already lots to do and its so hot that you will stay in the shade till later anyway. Probably will be full of 20 year olds too honestly. Make sure to camp in the shade - its absolutely essential!!

edit - saw your pre-erected, hopefully its in the shade. It was 40 degrees all week in 2019

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Where did you get Bieber from! He's doing the full week haha

@craigyb31 - beer is about £2 a pint, its like Glastonbury so theres no arena. Its quite easy to smuggle it in in backpacks or whatever they hardly check (we were 18 at the time, i'm sure for older people theres even less checks than the few we had) - theres a big supermarket about a 15 minute walk from the entrance. You can't take any alcohol at all in by the way. Food is pretty expensive for some reason about £8 for most meals inside the festival - the Auchan supermarket has a cafe and its about £3 a meal and is delicious!

I wouldn't bother with a boat party, theres already lots to do and its so hot that you will stay in the shade till later anyway. Probably will be full of 20 year olds too honestly. Make sure to camp in the shade - its absolutely essential!!

edit - saw your pre-erected, hopefully its in the shade. It was 40 degrees all week in 2019

Cheers for that @gfa sounds good, £8 is about what is charged at most festivals I've been to so thats no issue really.

What's the food like on site?

1 hour ago, craigyb31 said:

Cheers for that @gfa sounds good, £8 is about what is charged at most festivals I've been to so thats no issue really.

What's the food like on site?

A bit hit and miss. We had a few misses early on at the 'Chinese' stir fry stalls which was about £9 a portion and probably worth no more than a fiver.

But then we found a burger van that did really (and I mean really) good burgers so tended to stick with that. Think a burger was about £8 as mentioned before.

Also there was also a stall doing huge pizzas with each slice costing about £2.50. A slice was easily a meal for one so a good way to save a few quid for more liquid refreshment if required.

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

But then we found a burger van that did really (and I mean really) good burgers so tended to stick with that. Think a burger was about £8 as mentioned before.

I think the burgers you're talking about are those from Zing Burger. Yes, their burgers are very tasty and they also have lots of locations inside the town. I hope they're going to be at Sziget this year as well!

Edited by #1SzigetFan

My only complaint if it's really that is about the festival is probably the food. It's maybe about the same price as here but compare that to the drink and it seems expensive. I found the food average but it can get dusty and I am not sure how clean it can be. The pizza is what I stuck too as it was always coming out the oven quick enough and about the cheapest . . If there are food places closer to camping use them as less dust when it's busy. 

For what you pay you would get a half decent meal in town. 

• Upvote 1

Be careful of the food, as I don't think hygeine is the biggest concern. With high temperatures, food standing for hours isn't a great mix.

Like other I stuck to pizza. Just past the sports place, there was a van doing toasties for breakfast and they were spot on. 

Just my 2 cents regarding the city pass. It's no longer worth buying in my opinion. It was €50 for 13 days in 2019 and now it's €69 for only 9 days. 

You can buy a weekly metro ticket for €13 and the baths are approx €18-€20. Granted it's easier to just have a wristband but you'll be paying double the price for it. 

The city pass does offer you discounts on museums and other tourist attractions but once Sziget starts you'll find yourself barely leaving the island as there's so much to see and do! 

9 hours ago, Sziget2022 said:

Just my 2 cents regarding the city pass. It's no longer worth buying in my opinion. It was €50 for 13 days in 2019 and now it's €69 for only 9 days. 

You can buy a weekly metro ticket for €13 and the baths are approx €18-€20. Granted it's easier to just have a wristband but you'll be paying double the price for it. 

The city pass does offer you discounts on museums and other tourist attractions but once Sziget starts you'll find yourself barely leaving the island as there's so much to see and do! 

i checked for the weekly metro thing is out fot the summer. you can only buy 4 days tickets and they are expensive as well.