Sziget 2022

Matt86

On 3/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, thetime said:

Totally different festivals, opener is more in line with werchter.

I've always looked at open'er, the shocking alcohol policy in the arena puts me off and kills the festival vibe and spirit. 

i never went to that festival for that reason ... not being able to drink beer during concerts is absurd

23 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

i never went to that festival for that reason ... not being able to drink beer during concerts is absurd

Unfortunately, this is due to national regulations. Opener can't do anything about it.

11 minutes ago, mln said:

Unfortunately, this is due to national regulations. Opener can't do anything about it.

Poles said it's the same (or even worse) at another Polish festivals, it's a bit of a shame. I have to say that after initial shock our pack kinda got used to it. Though it still came as a surprise during our other visits at Open'er.  

As weird as it is, I wouldn't say it kills the festival vibe. Comparing to Sziget Open'er is way more focused on music than on "experience". And the atmosphere at the festival is very nice, even though surely less unique that on the island.

I would expect announcement more somewhere in the middle of April, when the festival is 4 months away, if even not later. The daily splits are up, tickets are selling... no need to hurry IMO. Also, they were often teasing or replying to comments with "lineup soon", can't see any of these now.

I agree Liam is probably not realistic, i'm kind of putting my hopes up for Glass animals at this point. First aid kit, Girl in red, Aurora, Wet leg, Gayle are some of the names touring around at the time i'm hoping for that may be realistic

Liam was in the same night and I missed wolf Alice in the tent as they were stuck on at the same time.  I just thought the same acts the same nights made me think it would not be him but you can't rule him out. 

Fingers crossed for him and wolf Alice but not the same night again 😂😂😂

Edited by Davidoff

2 hours ago, UkDan said:

Any chance of Paolo Nutini?

He's doing early summer it seems so far (TRNSMT, Glastonbury TBA and a show glastonbury thursday). Given his hiatus I can't see him being too well known in Hungary - already in the UK he gets far far bigger slots in Scotland.

Probably a no but who knows 🙂

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

He's doing early summer it seems so far (TRNSMT, Glastonbury TBA and a show glastonbury thursday). Given his hiatus I can't see him being too well known in Hungary - already in the UK he gets far far bigger slots in Scotland.

Probably a no but who knows 🙂

Just saw he’d been announced for Lollapalooza Berlin which is September and he’s been drip feeding show announcements over the last few weeks. Thought it may coincide if we’re due new names soon, could be the missing sub headliner?

Edited by UkDan

1 minute ago, UkDan said:

Just saw he’d been announced for Lollapalooza Berlin which is September and he’s been drip feeding show announcements over the last few weeks. Thought it may coincide if we’re due new names soon, could me the missing co headliner?

Possibly then - given his Lolla Berlin slot he definitely won't be co-headlining though. 6th down there which is a slot below Anne Marie who looks to be subbing Tame Impala on the Sunday.

Maybe The Chemical Brothers could be added? The lineup looks strong enough to me that no extra headliners will be announced to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Interesting…

ASAP Rocky was planned to perform as sub headliner for Firenze Rocks along with Red hot Chili Peppers. Suddenly he cancelled. Wasn’t ASAP Rocky also booked for SZiget in 2019?

his girlfriend is pregnant ^^ maybe cancelling everything

• Upvote 2