Sziget 2022

Matt86

On 3/10/2022 at 9:18 AM, AAlex said:

Finally coming to Sziget after years of wanting to, booked day tickets for the Sunday/Monday, also never been to Budapest so will be booking either a day each side of the festival or 2 days before and a day after to see the city.

In past experience (though that may not mean anything year on year) are there going to be more 'biggish' names added or is the first batch generally most of the high profile names? The way they've got Sam Fender on his own above the rest, while there's six names above the lower line on the Tame Impala day would imply to me there's more to be added to that line?

I think I've seen this confirmed in the past, but I take it it's very easy getting to and from the festival from the centre? Already seen some great apartments at a very reasonable price so going to get one of those booked soon, just wondered if there was a better 'area' of the city to stay in?

EDIT: Also just noticed they have Fontaines DS playing Monday... whoever that is 😄

sziget.PNG

There should be more but AM is a huge name vs Tame Impala - there will be a few of those purple acts under AM but don't expect anyone massive. Have a look at the Ed Sheeran day in 2019 for instance vs some of the other days, completely awful undercard as they know Ed will shift thousands upon thousands of tickets. Sam Fender is not a bad support at all though honestly - hopefully some other decent acts to come

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bulletje said:

Hello everyone, 

I will join this festival for the first time and wanna know how much money i should save for drinks and food! 

Depends how much you eat and drink I guess. We take around 30 euros per person, per day but you could easily spend much more or much less.

Edited by swelsbyuk

On 3/6/2022 at 2:30 AM, thetime said:

I have emailed them about that this morning. They are pretty good at responding, so should hear back on Monday. 

have you heard back from them? Still hoping they are gonna open up the lockers option for the basic camping as well🤞

New names announced for Flow Festival in Helsinki:

"NEW wave of acts announced! ⚠️ Jamie xx and former Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker with his band JARV IS… are performing at Flow Festival 2022! Boosting the lineup are also Aldous Harding, Freddie Gibbs, ACID ARAB, Antti Autio + Jouset, M A L L A, Louie Blue and Ege Zulu. 🎉

But we’re not done yet. More announcements will be dropped throughout the spring! "

Edited by #1SzigetFan

10 hours ago, Nikky said:

How about other stuff that are more suitable for festivals? Can you get it there, asking for a friend. 

Definitely more of a drinkers festival tbh. Maybe because it has such an international crowd so many need to pass customs.

48 minutes ago, amfy said:

Shiine On festival in Budapest next month has been cancelled because of the war.

I wonder if this reflects on Sziget’s chances of going ahead?

Ticket sales? 

Seems odd that it would cancel due to the war, no hint or cancellation of any other festival in the areas close to Ukraine. 

Also when you think the shiine on event had 6 or 7 bands playing. 

12 hours ago, thetime said:

Ticket sales? 

Seems odd that it would cancel due to the war, no hint or cancellation of any other festival in the areas close to Ukraine. 

Also when you think the shiine on event had 6 or 7 bands playing. 

I suspect poor ticket sales are much more likely than concerns about the war. Allows them to save face a little too.

Budapest and Kyiv are as far apart as Edinburgh and Paris, but I suspect the fact that Hungary shares a border with Ukraine would have spooked some people into not buying.

13 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I suspect poor ticket sales are much more likely than concerns about the war. Allows them to save face a little too.

Budapest and Kyiv are as far apart as Edinburgh and Paris, but I suspect the fact that Hungary shares a border with Ukraine would have spooked some people into not buying.

The sheer capital distance is not the point to be taken into account: the border is much more of an interesting variable. 

I don't think that Sziget will have any selling problems, no matter what the situation in Ukraine - as far as the war stays in that country and does not get exported.

Another point to consider is that if even the silliest missile lands on the biggest and emptiest field in any of the NATO countries, you can say goodbye to *any* festival faster than you can say palinka. But, I mean, at that point I would not care for festivals anyway.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

The sheer capital distance is not the point to be taken into account: the border is much more of an interesting variable. 

I don't think that Sziget will have any selling problems, no matter what the situation in Ukraine - as far as the war stays in that country and does not get exported.

Another point to consider is that if even the silliest missile lands on the biggest and emptiest field in any of the NATO countries, you can say goodbye to *any* festival faster than you can say palinka. But, I mean, at that point I would not care for festivals anyway.

Russia would never attack any NATO country as they are currently suffering a lot in Ukraine. However the smallest mistake (rocket accidentally landing in Poland) and we could become part of a full blown war between Russia and the NATO. Festivals will then be the least important thing in the world.

If Russia succeeds they will go to Moldova eventually. 

Let’s just hope for the best and hope the two countries come to a peace agreement. Live and enjoy every day as much as you can especially in times like these! I can’t wait to go to SZiget!!