Sziget 2022

Matt86

23 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Just seen The Prodigy have announced a dozen or so gigs in the UK throughout July. Would love them to take a special guest slot on the island.

There is no such thing as a special guest slot at Sziget since 2014 (Tancksapda sub-head for Blink182). Honestly, The Prodigy are still headliner material for a festival such as Sziget (nostalgia power), so no, I think you can rule them out

15 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Thanks for this. I guess we could have probably guessed this scenario, certainly days 2 and 5 being the slowest sellers at least. Maybe we'll get a couple of decent acts added to these days to boost sales?

IMO the big guns have been already fired for these days. The take away for the management will be that a day with a pop headliner beats a day with a indie headliner - I mean they have known this for a very long time but this is another confirmation and only pushes in the mainstream direction more and more

Last year they announced the new Colosseum "bigger and bolder than ever". That makes me think it may be true that some strong electronic names such as Nina Kraviz will headline that stage. Party arena on the other side could cover more commercial EDM DJs. If that is the case, on Day1 for example, we are basically missing 4 out of top 6 names. (just a theory of course)

Edited by activean
  • Upvote 1

Finally coming to Sziget after years of wanting to, booked day tickets for the Sunday/Monday, also never been to Budapest so will be booking either a day each side of the festival or 2 days before and a day after to see the city.

In past experience (though that may not mean anything year on year) are there going to be more 'biggish' names added or is the first batch generally most of the high profile names? The way they've got Sam Fender on his own above the rest, while there's six names above the lower line on the Tame Impala day would imply to me there's more to be added to that line?

I think I've seen this confirmed in the past, but I take it it's very easy getting to and from the festival from the centre? Already seen some great apartments at a very reasonable price so going to get one of those booked soon, just wondered if there was a better 'area' of the city to stay in?

EDIT: Also just noticed they have Fontaines DS playing Monday... whoever that is 😄

sziget.PNG

Edited by AAlex

7 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Finally coming to Sziget after years of wanting to, booked day tickets for the Sunday/Monday, also never been to Budapest so will be booking either a day each side of the festival or 2 days before and a day after to see the city.

In past experience (though that may not mean anything year on year) are there going to be more 'biggish' names added or is the first batch generally most of the high profile names? The way they've got Sam Fender on his own above the rest, while there's six names above the lower line on the Tame Impala day would imply to me there's more to be added to that line?

That depends on the year. The management is not always "tidy": there's been years where the biggest name came last (i.e. Prince) and years where the big shot headliner came before everything else (i.e. Robbie Williams 2015).

Sziget usually goes first in first out, so the leftovers name are not held back - they just haven't figured out the right name for that spot. Few examples that come to my mind: Chemical Brothers + Tinie Tempah, 2016, or the National 2019.

33 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I think I've seen this confirmed in the past, but I take it it's very easy getting to and from the festival from the centre? Already seen some great apartments at a very reasonable price so going to get one of those booked soon, just wondered if there was a better 'area' of the city to stay in?

From the centre it's a breeze to get there - 2 different subways/tram top if I do recall correctly. The experience of living the campus is uncomparable tho.

Hey guys,

do you think there will be a lot of additions to Friday and Monday?
Which pop acts could be realistic to fit the theme of that day?

Also on Monday there is a strong need for some Rock acts.
Just checked f.g. the Tour Dates of NOTHING BUT THIEVES and they could be an option.
What do you think?

Will there still be many semi big names joining?

6 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

That depends on the year. The management is not always "tidy": there's been years where the biggest name came last (i.e. Prince) and years where the big shot headliner came before everything else (i.e. Robbie Williams 2015).

Sziget usually goes first in first out, so the leftovers name are not held back - they just haven't figured out the right name for that spot. Few examples that come to my mind: Chemical Brothers + Tinie Tempah, 2016, or the National 2019.

From the centre it's a breeze to get there - 2 different subways/tram top if I do recall correctly. The experience of living the campus is uncomparable tho.

If your looking at booking somewhere anywhere close to where the boats and tram line 5 are they go straight to the Island. The train is quicker but the boat gets you to a easier part off the Island to get into the Festival.  This is either side off the bridge at Margret Island. The tram line 2 also connects to this and anywhere along the tram line 2 is also good. It is really easy to get to the festival and the only bad day is the first day with everyone getting passes and top ups on the payment system.

I still think here will be another few names to be added, there are lots off bands about that could slot in.  I think there will be very little in the name off big names on the Monday. That looks a strong day and I can see a Pop etc for the tent for non indie folk. 

Edited by Davidoff

1 hour ago, Amanzi said:

Electric Picnic in Ireland was announced today and shares some names with Sziget.

A much smaller festival, obviously, but wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Megan Thee Stallion and Glass Animals in the next announcement.

IMG_20220310_182318.jpg

Glass Animals are everywhere this summer,I really hope sziget won’t skip them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amanzi said:

Electric Picnic in Ireland was announced today and shares some names with Sziget.

A much smaller festival, obviously, but wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Megan Thee Stallion and Glass Animals in the next announcement.

IMG_20220310_182318.jpg

Would love Bright Eyes to play the A38.

2 hours ago, Amanzi said:

IMG_20220310_182318.jpg

Some great names on there. Would love Glass Animals (obviously) but London Grammar, Fred Again..., Griff, Girl In Red would all be welcome.

London Grammar are supporting Coldplay and I did not think they would be there but there is a gap that they could play. Kooks and wolf Alice but wolf Alice are supporting in Budapest only 4 weeks before so don't think so. 

I think Glass Animals could well be there as well as Fred. 

Does anyone remember when the full line up was announced as it's only 5 months 

30 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

London Grammar are supporting Coldplay and I did not think they would be there but there is a gap that they could play. Kooks and wolf Alice but wolf Alice are supporting in Budapest only 4 weeks before so don't think so. 

I think Glass Animals could well be there as well as Fred. 

Does anyone remember when the full line up was announced as it's only 5 months 

I just went through instagram posts and we had a schedule at the end of April for the main stage, but names for like Music Box and Global Village were announced in May, soo... idk really for this year

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, activean said:

Dua & Megan thee stallion just relesed new song together, someone mentioned her dates fit if i recall it correctly. 

Please no 😐

There's a massive gap of 5 weeks between dates, I doubt she will do a 1 off date bang in between. Especially as majority of festivals have been announced. She could possibly do pukkelpop, but that would still be over a week after the Dua date.

Perhaps she's in the studio, or a tour to be  announced. 

28 minutes ago, thetime said:

There's a massive gap of 5 weeks between dates, I doubt she will do a 1 off date bang in between. Especially as majority of festivals have been announced. She could possibly do pukkelpop, but that would still be over a week after the Dua date.

Perhaps she's in the studio, or a tour to be  announced. 

I think she's ruled out for Pukkelpop as she's playing Summer Sonic in Japan that weekend. And that also makes her kinda unlikely for Sziget, i think...