Sziget 2022

Matt86

1 hour ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

I get your comment but Anne Marie is also subheadliner at Rock Werchter. A festival only focused on the huge names and line up. 

The comment wasn't about her being a sub, it was about her subbing an act which is a completely different genre.

Arctic Monkeys and Clutch playing at the same moment ? impossible. The point is, if you dont like the genre on the mainstage, you have something different in the A38 Tent... Those 2 being quite similar, you can be sure they won't be performing at the same time.

28 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Arctic Monkeys and Clutch playing at the same moment ? impossible. The point is, if you dont like the genre on the mainstage, you have something different in the A38 Tent... Those 2 being quite similar, you can be sure they won't be performing at the same time.

What's wrong about clashing indie/alternative rock band with hard-rock/metal band? The last day is heavily focused on indie/alternative rock. I can put Princess Nokia in that spot but Clutch is still likely to clash with some other 'rock' act as I don't see them headlining A38 stage.

47 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Idles clashed with 21 pilots, so it could happen. Especially as there is a urban/hip hop stage and the 2 dance stages. 

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I'm really jealous of acts like Diana Ross, TLC, Supergrass or Crowded House for example..  WHy can't we also have old acts ? many people at Sziget are over 30 years old... and we always get "actual" bands / artists.. ! come on ! the best Sziget years were with R.E.M, Iron Maiden, Prince, etc... ! I really believe there's a public for these acts, I met many people i their late 20s - early 30's

In my 40s and I am not wanting them there but a 80/90s band would be decent. I mentioned Keane or Liam something like that would be good. 

Also thanks for the advice on the colours, looks like some days still have a few acts to be added. 

The last day looks full and brilliant 

14 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Thought we were only waiting on a sub for Dua Lipa?

She just realised the song with Megan Thee Stallion. On Open'er they are performing on the same day. Megan also doing festivals in Europe in the summer but there's a gap when Sziget is happening. Pretty sure it's her. 

Btw I like Open'er lineup very much. 

24 minutes ago, dolevshelly said:

so dua and justin sells the most day tickets.

AM and calvin are after and kol and tame the last.

i guess there are going to be 2 add shiran full days this year 😐 

Is this a prediction or fact? Or based on ticket prices?

Edited by swelsbyuk

41 minutes ago, JOP123 said:

Could Liam Gallagher be an option to sub Dua Lipa? It would be a bit of a repeat of 2018 but he has started to announce European festival dates in August.  Or is this just wishful thinking? 

Would be strange as he hasn't been announced.