Sziget 2022

Matt86

Actually bummed out by Anne Marie subbing Tame Impala. It feels like Foals are further away now, and even if they were actually subbing Dua Lipa, that would be a sad match, being that first rows will be crowded with people being there since early morning waiting ONLY for Dua Lipa, same as happened many times before for pop headliners.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, activean said:

On the webpage (on the first page) they used that purple and blue color as well, so it is easier to specify what to expect, while on social media only headliner is pointed out. 

Ah man, I really hope we won't have Arctic Monkeys clashing with Clutch and Tame Impala with Sigrid.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Friday, even though it's headlined by Justin, looks great imho (Stromae, Jungle, Woodkid, Slowthai, Folamour - I would love to see all of them). Sunday is also solid, I'm actually thinking about buying 3-day (Fri-Sun) tickets.

I'm actually surprised by the Colosseum names, they went big there with Nina Kraviz, Seth Troxler, Kölsch and that Denis Sulta & Mella Dee b2b set. Hopefully they will make it big enough 😅

I'm really jealous of acts like Diana Ross, TLC, Supergrass or Crowded House for example..  WHy can't we also have old acts ? many people at Sziget are over 30 years old... and we always get "actual" bands / artists.. ! come on ! the best Sziget years were with R.E.M, Iron Maiden, Prince, etc... ! I really believe there's a public for these acts, I met many people i their late 20s - early 30's

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

What does the different colour mean?

Yellow headliners, Light blue sub or the tent? Purple main stage? 

Don't read too much into it. Yes yellow names are the headliners and light blue ones are most likely sub-headliners. The purple ones are weird mixture of main stage acts, high-level A38 acts and Arena+Colosseum headliners.

41 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I'm really jealous of acts like Diana Ross, TLC, Supergrass or Crowded House for example..  WHy can't we also have old acts ? many people at Sziget are over 30 years old... and we always get "actual" bands / artists.. ! come on ! the best Sziget years were with R.E.M, Iron Maiden, Prince, etc... ! I really believe there's a public for these acts, I met many people i their late 20s - early 30's

I'm in my late 20s and I don't want to see any of these 😅 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

If a band like R.E.M make a comeback, I would definitely have them instead of anyone else on this 2022 line up lol. But I understand I'm far for representing the majority lol, I hear you guys ^^

I was obessed with REM in the 90s, until they gave one of the worst sets at a festival I have seen (glasto 99).

I highly doubt they will get back together though, stipe acoustic would be special though.

Excuse my language, but I'm at a complete fuc*ing loss when it comes to the colour coding being used. How do some people commenting know that certain acts are appearing at coliseum?

Also, Anne-Marie subbing for Tame Impala is hilarious. Wonder if they'll get Napalm Death to sub Dua Lipa?

• Like 1

So purple basically means "big names from other stages" (mainly A38, Colosseum and Party Arena), meanwhile light blue seems to be the subheadliners list. Damn, the chances for a Tame Impala - Sigrid clash are getting higher...

Looks like 2 more subheadliners 1 more subheadliners are is going to be announced + a bunch of well known acts for the other stages too.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

2 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

So purple basically means "big names from other stages" (mainly A38, Colosseum and Party Arena), meanwhile light blue seem to be the subheadliners list. Damn, the chances for a Tame Impala - Sigrid clash are getting higher...

Looks like 2 more subheadliners are going to be announced + a bunch of well known acts for the other stages too.

Thought we were only waiting on a sub for Dua Lipa?

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

Excuse my language, but I'm at a complete fuc*ing loss when it comes to the colour coding being used. How do some people commenting know that certain acts are appearing at coliseum?

Also, Anne-Marie subbing for Tame Impala is hilarious. Wonder if they'll get Napalm Death to sub Dua Lipa?

I get your comment but Anne Marie is also subheadliner at Rock Werchter. A festival only focused on the huge names and line up.