Sziget 2022

Matt86

3 minutes ago, activean said:

I still have this bitterswet feeling about current lineup, not that is bad, but compared to Mad cool for example, it's nowhere close..

Also compared to 2015-2019 lineups, 2022 has (Very) strong set of headliners, but way less known middle names, there is like 10 to 15 names i'm personally interested to see, while usualy it was 25+. In 2018 names like Cigatrettes after sex, Blossoms, Clean bandit, King Gizard, Aurora ... are in the middle of the poster with 20+ bigger artist above them. 

Considering Sziget is one day shorter and that some festival are having fantastic lineups or even extending the festivals ...  i was kind of expecting the daily programe here to be stronger .. 

Question for you to cheer me up a bit: Which day is going to be best seller and which the least ? 🙂 

dua & bieber gonna sold out.

kol and maybe arctic (because of their last show) sell the least.

2 hours ago, m4rkoman said:

When are they gonna release the timetable? @Sziget2022_Leaks 😄

About the running order, is it available before the festival ? I remember last time I didn't really care, and I only paid attention once I was on the island, thanks to the passport. But is the program available a long time before ? on the website ?

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

About the running order, is it available before the festival ? I remember last time I didn't really care, and I only paid attention once I was on the island, thanks to the passport. But is the program available a long time before ? on the website ?

Yeah they release the passport around mid july

• Like 1

Well, Tuesday's announcement has already resulted in two lost ticket sales. We were coming with two other couples and one of the couples has dropped out this evening, even though they've already paid for their flights.

Opinion is basically they know less than a dozen of the acts (this would only be their third festival so the idea of walking round as discovering acts is a little bit alien to them) and they don't necessarily like the acts they know.

Shame. 

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Well, Tuesday's announcement has already resulted in two lost ticket sales. We were coming with two other couples and one of the couples has dropped out this evening, even though they've already paid for their flights.

Opinion is basically they know less than a dozen of the acts (this would only be their third festival so the idea of walking round as discovering acts is a little bit alien to them) and they don't necessarily like the acts they know.

Shame. 

I get it, if we didn't already have tickets I wouldn't necessarily to rushing to buy them but, if your friends have already paid out for flights, it seems a bit drastic to pull out before the whole line-up is announced. 

Maybe they'll change their mind further down the line?

If they’ve already paid for flights they may as well come and just enjoy Budapest. It’s a terrific place to spend a week in summer regardless, & they could just see how they get on with the festival and do bits of it or find they get into it once they are there.

Do boat trips on the river, visit some ruin pubs, tour the city, go to the spa pools -  on the island next door and there’s a brilliant pool spa centre with a restaurant & bar - just swim & drink in the sunshine.

Absolutely no point in not going as Hungary is pretty cheap once you’re there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, amfy said:

If they’ve already paid for flights they may as well come and just enjoy Budapest. It’s a terrific place to spend a week in summer regardless, & they could just see how they get on with the festival and do bits of it or find they get into it once they are there.

Do boat trips on the river, visit some ruin pubs, tour the city, go to the spa pools -  on the island next door and there’s a brilliant pool spa centre with a restaurant & bar - just swim & drink in the sunshine.

Very sensible advice @billybigballs - they must fancy a couple of headliners at least? Get them to come along and buy day tickets. They'll be really missing out.

• Upvote 1

Sziget for me is like Glastonbury(when I used to go), the lineup is secondary.

If I was going for a lineup based festival, you wouldn't choose sziget. The likes of mad cool and rock werchter would be your chosen festival. 

Edited by thetime
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, amfy said:

Eh except that prices are awfully inflated during that period (still cheap for most of western europe standards, tho) and the heat is almost unbearable.

Hungary and Budapest are really beautiful, but August is actually an awful period to be there, if festival is not involved, and the Ukrainian situation now does not really improve the selling points.

We have got into a spa on our city-pass & gone again because full price was really not that expensive by UK standards. Similarly had loads of boat trips on the same pass. You are right that it is generally still cheap by western standards. We found only the occasional restaurant was as expensive as back home, but eating out, & drinking was largely cheaper.

The weather, has been hot but glorious, and the kind of temperatures that UK holiday makers pay for in summer months right across the med.

If The Ukraine knock on effect is bad enough to affect Sziget we’ll all be claiming our flights back on our insurance anyway!

I wish Leaker comes back and  informed us what yet can we expect from lineup or better keep ours expectations low. 

Would it be possible Sziget booked Maneskin and are waiting with announcement till Eurovision ?

Is there anyone on current lineup that fits "become huge just lately" that leaker mentioned, i don't really had an idea who could it be. 

I booked this after the first lineup drop, partly for some of the names announced, but mostly because I'd never been before. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I didn't know much about Tame Impala before the rumours on here and the latest announcement, but holy shit... Kevin Parker is super talented. I'm fast becoming a big fan. I've listened to so much already, and watched the Glastonbury set from a few years ago, and I cannot wait to see Tame Impala live.

I've also discovered a few more names that I can't stop listening to, and I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Anyway, I've seen a little negativity about the lineup, and maybe it's because I have nothing previous to compare it to, but I just wanted to say that I am buzzing for this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1