Sziget 2022

Matt86

10 minutes ago, activean said:

When do you think they could announce daily programme ? (not necessarily ful stage timelines) Can't decide which 3 days to do and apartments are running out of decent options

Festival staff said "very soon" to someone asking that on Instagram. What "very soon" means for them is the question though haha

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

From a UK-representation point of view (sorry, not being xenophobic in any way, just relating to acts I know outside of the top tiers) we had the following indie type acts.

In 2019 we had:

Richard Ashcroft, Johnny Marr, Frank Turner, Frank Carter, Franz Ferdinand, Razorlight, Idles

In 2022:

Inhaler, Black Honey, Fontaines DC 

I saw all of the seven acts mentioned from 2019. In 2022 I'll be watching Black Honey (despite having seen them 3 times before) and, perhaps, Fontaines DC.

I've really got my fingers crossed for the next announcement!

Alfie Templeman is quite great

• Upvote 1

Looking at 2019 main stage, are people expecting many more big names? Sunday was very good from a UK festival perspective. But over all what we have now.

Headliners are better this year for me, only saw the national in 2019.apart from a few songs from Florence.

mainstage.png

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Looking at 2019 main stage, are people expecting many more big names? Sunday was very good from a UK festival perspective. But over all what we have now.

Headliners are better this year for me, only saw the national in 2019.apart from a few songs from Florence.

mainstage.png

We have all (bar one) of the 19:45 and 21:30 acts in yellow and light blue. I guess the question is how many of the purple acts are playing at 17:45 on the main stage and how many are playing at 23:45 in the A38.  

I fear we only have three or four 'well known names' to be announced. At sub level hopefully that will be Foals or Glass Animals (from a selfish p.o.v) but I could see Alan Walker, Jungle, Sigrid, Caribou and maybe slowthai headlining the A38, meaning we only have one (or, possibly, two) more A38 headliners incoming. 

We're certainly not going to get Stormzy, Foals, Glass Animals, Keane, Dave etc all being announced. Sadly, I'm now at a stage of considering this the final line-up for the main stages and if anything extra comes along in the next announcement then that's a bonus.

274473990_10161770328573975_5728239749195201118_n.png

Edited by swelsbyuk

43 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

We have all (bar one) of the 19:45 and 21:30 acts in yellow and light blue. I guess the question is how many of the purple acts are playing at 17:45 on the main stage and how many are playing at 23:45 in the A38.  

I fear we only have three or four 'well known names' to be announced. At sub level hopefully that will be Foals or Glass Animals (from a selfish p.o.v) but I could see Alan Walker, Jungle, Sigrid, Caribou and maybe slowthai headlining the A38, meaning we only have one (or, possibly, two) more A38 headliners incoming. 

We're certainly not going to get Stormzy, Foals, Glass Animals, Keane, Dave etc all being announced. Sadly, I'm now at a stage of considering this the final line-up for the main stages and if anything extra comes along in the next announcement then that's a bonus.

274473990_10161770328573975_5728239749195201118_n.png

If it was Foals subbing, you have to wonder why they've not been announced. No hungarian dates to sell, they have summer dates as well. Perhaps just a contract issue. 

6 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

According to this "color probabilities", this JON HOPKINS is supposed to headline the A38..? is it serious ..? is the plan to make everyone fall asleep early ..?

(ready to be clash, let's go 🙂 )

Seems to be an act after the headliner, similar to the blaze. They played after Razorlight, who shouldn't really have had that slot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

Seems to be an act after the headliner, similar to the blaze. They played after Razorlight, who shouldn't really have had that slot.

that's what I thought, 1:30 or even 3 am for Jon Hopkins ^^ an earlier spot would be weird, wayyy to calm ..

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

I was there for Razorlight and quite enjoyed them (don't think I stayed for the whole thing) but they definitely felt out of place.

42 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I was there for Razorlight and quite enjoyed them (don't think I stayed for the whole thing) but they definitely felt out of place.

I was there as well (because of The Blaze). The tent was fully packed and you weren't allowed to go outside because there was a thunderstorm near. They even stopped playing. I am not a big fan of Razorlight, but the concert was great and the crowd was singing along to the hits. 

50 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I saw Jon Hopkins at Latitude 2015, just before Portishead. I have never been as bored in my life.

Well, the cure to boredom is in the title of his latest album. And I really hope he plays a lot of songs from Singularity, that would be a great trip

34 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

In my opinion I don’t get the high spot for Sam Fender tho. I know he has a lot of succes but sub headliner next to Stromae? 

Catering to the British crowd I guess. But yeah, in my books he`s third from the top, if not an opener

• Like 1