Sziget 2022

Matt86

Leaks has not been on line since Thursday so I don't expect any more hints or leaks from now until tomorrow. 

If it's those headliners I would say it's not my first choice but it's varied and a move away from the same old. 

I was wanting Wolf Alice, Liam, London Grammar, Gerry Cinnamon on the bill but none will be there. 

Fingers crossed for Dave or AJ Tracy.  Foals, Sam and or the war on drugs  

26 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

Leaks has not been on line since Thursday so I don't expect any more hints or leaks from now until tomorrow. 

If it's those headliners I would say it's not my first choice but it's varied and a move away from the same old. 

I was wanting Wolf Alice, Liam, London Grammar, Gerry Cinnamon on the bill but none will be there. 

Fingers crossed for Dave or AJ Tracy.  Foals, Sam and or the war on drugs  

has Wolf Alice been confirmed to not be there? I was hoping they'd be. Thank God I bought tix for Tempelhof Sounds in Berlin too so I'm not completely missing out.

17 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

When I  see that Jason Derulo is in Norway the 19th of August, I can't help myself to think that IT IS the kind of acts I'd expect from Sziget.. he is only doin' a few dates in Europe this Summer, so ...

He’s gonna be at a different hungarian festival in august

I'll make my guesses now and let's see in an hour what happens. 🙂

Placebo, Payale Royale, Renforshort, Bikini Kill

Speaking of Bikini Kill - do we know why they weren’t rescheduled yet for this year? They were in the 2020 line up and they are touring around Europe in August.

Based on this community could very much happen: Justin Bieber, The Who, Tame Impala

Fingers crossed for Jimmy Eat World and Hinds as they are on tour in the summer in Europe but that’s more of a wish than a guess.

13 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I'll make my guesses now and let's see in an hour what happens. 🙂

Placebo, Payale Royale, Renforshort, Bikini Kill

I'll do the same,

Glass Animals, Foals, Calvin Harris, Mabel, zhu, Maneskin, fever 333, denzel curry,...

(Wolf Alice, Wallows, Tame Impala, beach house, cage the elephant...?)

14 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Can’t see if serious.

She’s released 2 modern classics with Grey Area and Sometimes I Might Be Introvert. And those aren’t even her first albums.

She’s released more albums than Dua Lipa... If there’s one act to see in 2022, it’s Simz.

Self released albums don't really count otherwise you could say Big Phil down the pub who has a new self recorded disc each week is bigger than Dua. 101 Music is her bedroom label that she started, AWAL is when she was signed for Sony.

She released Grey Area which didn't even sell enough to get BPI Silver, and no singles got in to the top 100. She didn't hit the scene until the latter half of 2021 when she started getting radio play (BBC Introducing music) and then released a very good, chart topping album.

It reminds me of Plan B, when I was 17/18 I used to look down at people "omg you're not serious are you, Plan B is huge, he has loads of albums (6 albums), been around for over 6 years blah blah blah". The most you'd ever hear of him was a bootleg recording of Charmaign on the back of the bus, that wasn't a big artist. It wasn't until he hit Strickland Banks out the park that he was a big name. Same with Little Simz

list of acts from today

• Justin Bieber
  • Calvin Harris
  • Tame Impala
  • Sam Fender
  • Anne-Marie
  • Steve Aoki
  • Milky Chance
  • Nina Kraviz
  • Holly Humberstone
  • Channel Tres
  • Bad Gyal